Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

"White Van" speaker brand listing

There's been a recent surge in the popularity of these speakers hence the purpose of this thread. Must be the booming economy.

I'm also avoiding the use of the word "scam" because their not exact pirated products of established audio companies and people are free to choose to purchase if they wish.

However, I'd like to list down a few names of these speaker "brands" so tht people won't pay excessively for such products.

Guess i'm irked when I read about these speakers but I refrain from posting in people's WTS threads, its a free market after all. Its also not illegal whatsover selling these speakers.

At the end of the day you can buy them if you want to but juz hope bros ard here don't end up paying too much like a few k for them. I'm sure most of us are students or young working professionals and money is dear.

In my honest and own opinion just steer clear of them.

Typical brand names of such speakers:

Accusound
    Audio Resource
    Camelot Audio
    Carlson Audio
    Celo acoustic
    Cleo
    EKO
    Glatten Audio
    Linear Acoustik
    Linear Phase
    Orix
    Pure Acoustics (do not confuse with products from http://www.pure-acoustics.de/)
    VAV

Pls add in any more names if u can but let's hopefully try to avoid accusing companies wrongly. I'll remove any names if i'm wrong as well.
    Last edited by gabond; Jan 19th, 10 at 05:01 PM. Reason: brand list amendment
    poisons in order of preference: hifi, dslr, watches & timbuk2 bags

XProfessionalX ...
    Just to let you all know, they had been selling in Yahoo Auctions and Ebay recently ..

wonder how they get so many sets in..
    lol sounds to me like they're a audio evangelist in a warped way..
    Red-volution Mk I- 9650 Phenom|Xigmatek Red Scorpion|MSI DKA790GX Platinum|4 x 1 GB Adata| Palit HD4870 1gb|WD Cavier Black 1TB + Samsung Spinpoint F1 750gb + 320gb Maxtor SATA II|Andyson F650|Lancool K7 Metal Bone|X-Sword 2496->ATH M50 & AE A5|Oppo 980HD| Eizo HD2441

Updates -
    Mingda amps|Custom Audiophile cables|An Audioholic Abroad part 1

Current MO -
    Full Aluminium Mini ITX Chassis

Contact me via -
    Msn ID- [email protected]
    Pingchat ID -Theaudiohub
    Join the audiohub facebook fan page

Typical modus operandi

(from stomp)

Last edited by gabond; Dec 28th, 07 at 09:51 PM.

Typical situation

(from stomp)

I was silly enough to pay $800 for speakers to van salesmen!

STOMPer Don is chiding himself for his impulse buy - a set of speakers from a pair of van salesmen. The damage? $800 for a set without wiring or cables.

He had bought the speakers from two men who had been peddling their wares from a van at a carpark, claiming that they worked for a company which imports speakers. The set of speakers were supposedly an extra set from their warehouse, which was excluded from their inventory list.

"Hence, they decided to make an illegal sale without their boss's consent since it's an 'extra' set," said Don.

He continued: "They started to beg at me for help that they only had their lunch hour to clear their 'extra' set and they couldn't bring this set of speakers back to their office. They certainly looked pitiful enough for me to be convinced by them to purchase their goods.

"After which, they begged me not to contact their company or to resell the speakers to electronic stores as it will jeopardize their job.

"But they reassured me that these weren't illegal goods as they would give me the receipt as well as their warranty card for the goods."

With that guaranteed, Don went ahead and parted with $800 for the speakers.

After the purchase, he did some research online and called the company that the two men were from only to find out that the set he purchased was made in China, instead of USA as claimed.

Don contacted the two men again but was turned off by their rude language when they told him that it is a non-refundable purchase, "and challenged me to pursue legal action against them or report it to the Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE)."

The infuriated STOMPer says that he will do precisely that.

"I have gotten their company names and I'll probably be seeking legal advice against them or to CASE for mis-selling to the public," he said.

According to some dealers, van sales at carparks like these are common and have been going on for some time.

Other STOMPers, like Koi239917, had also previously reported about similar sales tactics. (Related story: “Beware of shady tactics of sales on van”)

CASE had reported 34 similar complaints over the past two years, a rise from eight cases in 2005 to 13 cases in 2006. There have already been 13 cases reported as of June this year.

It says that sales from vans may not be a case of cheating, but advises consumers to stay away as these sales may be illegitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by XProfessionalX View Post
    Just to let you all know, they had been selling in Yahoo Auctions and Ebay recently ..
    our marketplace also got...either suay buyers trying to resell or the white van sellers themselves

Interesting. Beware of white vans bearing "gifts".

last time i kenna approached b4 at changi village hawker centre there the car park..

Newbie of Past & Present yantronic's Avatar
    Resourceful! Stuck.
    The opinions expressed above do not represent those of VR-Zone (VR Media PTE LTD Singapore) or any of their affiliates.

actually if you can bargain to 100 - 200 oso not bad lah. can use for cheap 5.1 solution bigger than those offered by Akira, Enzer and the likes
    HDfury available, pm me for orders人人毒我,我毒人人
    www.htpc-gear.com

www.barco.com/digitalcinema

I have always wanted to see the white van salesman, since tthe day i picked up this hobby, but was never approached by any...lol

Maybe I look like i am too young.

you must drive then you'd see
    Red-volution Mk I- 9650 Phenom|Xigmatek Red Scorpion|MSI DKA790GX Platinum|4 x 1 GB Adata| Palit HD4870 1gb|WD Cavier Black 1TB + Samsung Spinpoint F1 750gb + 320gb Maxtor SATA II|Andyson F650|Lancool K7 Metal Bone|X-Sword 2496->ATH M50 & AE A5|Oppo 980HD| Eizo HD2441

Updates -

Current MO -

Contact me via -
    Pingchat ID -Theaudiohub

Quote Originally Posted by marcusdeming View Post
    I have always wanted to see the white van salesman, since tthe day i picked up this hobby, but was never approached by any...lol

Maybe I look like i am too young.
    ura carpark - beside wheelock, behind hilton/far east s.c. (the drunken u.s. sailor incident)

Accusound is a White van brand? We have a pair of very old Accusound floorstanders from the 1980s that don't sound so bad, and it seems that nowdays they are sold alongside the bigger brands in Harvey Norman/Normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellsplicer View Post
    Accusound is a White van brand? We have a pair of very old Accusound floorstanders from the 1980s that don't sound so bad, and it seems that nowdays they are sold alongside the bigger brands in Harvey Norman/Normal.
    show pics leh..

Updates -

Current MO -

Contact me via -
    Pingchat ID -Theaudiohub

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast