Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newbie of Past & Present yantronic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by elladan
    detention for not tucking in shirt.... wtf?????????????
    Not new mah.

Unless you all so lucky de wor.
    The opinions expressed above do not represent those of VR-Zone (VR Media PTE LTD Singapore) or any of their affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexz0m
    First hour is becuase the teacehr didn't bring the "permission pass" which is now in the new rule.
    It's not student's fault, it's the teacher forgotten to bring it.

2nd one is partly because didn't have pass also.
    erhm jus go? why bother bout the pass.. lol what can they do if you dont have one?

give you detention becos you went to pee?

Quote Originally Posted by yantronic
    Not new mah.

Unless you all so lucky de wor.
    serious boh? i've honestly nvr heard of it leh...

Bipolar Narcissistic Dreamslacker's Avatar
    Skip the whole chain and send a letter to Minister for Education.. He DOES read and respond to emails and letters. As my friend in MOE can testify.. An entire department got f'ed after a temp staff wrote in to him..
    An Idle Mind Walks in Dark Places
    Certified Network n00b

Quote Originally Posted by Rexz0m
    First hour is becuase the teacehr didn't bring the "permission pass" which is now in the new rule.
    It's not student's fault, it's the teacher forgotten to bring it.

2nd one is partly because didn't have pass also.
    tts "BS" its not like without the pass, u go out of the classroom u will be shot rite! they can exercise some flexiblitiy. Go out class without pass kanna caught nvm 1 la.. is not like they will cane u for tt
    Whatever floats your boat...

Oil is REALLY running Out
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Chee
    Actually in my school don't need to ask parents. Parents are very busy and they don't want to write in for teaching complains cos they not even there. Normally they will complain this guy harrass my child etc or mainly complain discipline one.

My school have a student feedback form service that we write our feedback about anything and they will most likely be read by the VP or P. And some of the parents and i believe some students also have direct email contact with the P and VP in my school.

So if i want complain any teacher i just take photo or video of class time teaching secretly or record the sound and then send to the P is not a difficult task for me.
    If i want to be a secret person also can so the teacher dunno who complain but knows is someone from that class.

Now teacher's job i know its not easy but i believe as a teacher you must teach properly and be helpful and approachable for students. If you are too fierece or you do not show any knowledge or slacking in your lessons and subjects, how to expect the students to do well and approach you for any problems? This one not primary school where the teachers very fierece etc.
    As part of a secondary school teacher, i believe this is the basic of your teaching carrer as its more acadamic based rather than in pri sch they care more about whether you do correction etc.

Once you are not flexible with the students you are sure to meet with problems. Like recently got one relief teacher take my class for english and we did one compo essay for her.

Interesting is that she said it will be graded and had to use school foolscap paper. She will reject other foolscap paper. I was like what the hell kind of stupid policy is ths? The school didn't even have this kind of rule. Lucky she only relief and if she is a permanent teacher 100% will have problems with all her classes. Nothing much to say just foolscap paper also so fussy. Next time u come tell me i only can use blue pen write see i think whole class whack her already.
    Its the same logic wat.
    Your school must be very forward thinking. Good to know there are good schools (not about academic) whose Principal are loved by the students. It matters very much if the Principal is caring, and understanding. I have visited quite many schools in the last 5 years and have seen many students. Most are generally quite alright. Some are really quite noisy. Some are rebellious. Seen them all.

I think secondary students and up tend to question inconsistent treatment and rules. Quite natural to do so. they tend to ask you "why?".

The ruling about school fullscap paper, on the surface is nothing as what is important is your output. Can be on any paper. Talk about impression - if most of the students write legibly on the same school fullscap paper, it reflects well on the class as a whole. Ditto for a neat and tidy classroom. People will know whether this class is good or not. Similarly if a class have students that are unkempt and rowdy, likely this class is not a 'good' class.

This is an example of expectations. Not that it matters if all uses the same school fullscap paper.

I fully support using recording media in class. Nobody should fear it if he/she carries himself/herself properly. And why not? this eliminates the sense of unfairness and may help reduce bullying in class. Any students for it? hands up!

write to newpaper flame ur sch
    Whatever floats your boat...

my school also got something like rexzom's school like that....

called "grow me centre"

got once, my classmate was making fun of it by calling it "Zhang Wo Zhong Xing"

during chinese lessons and you was sent down to serve detention until 4pm...wtf man?

the school still try to make it sound good....its crap....say wad u go down must write reflection form then wait for counselor to read ur reflection then after that talk to you about some crap then after u sit there until the counselor releases u....which is 4pm la wtf....

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamslacker
    Skip the whole chain and send a letter to Minister for Education.. He DOES read and respond to emails and letters. As my friend in MOE can testify.. An entire department got f'ed after a temp staff wrote in to him..
    if everyone does that, our Minister will be bogged down and not able to do what he is paid for.

Should do so locally. but then, its your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclemun
    if everyone does that, our Minister will be bogged down and not able to do what he is paid for.

Should do so locally. but then, its your choice.
    He's paid THAT much.. Make the bugger do more work la.. Once in a while meeting with the peepz in MoE..

But it shows that he does read his emails and letters la.. Seriously... You want fast response, that's the way to go.. The flip-side is that the teacher(s) involved are gonna be the scapegoats to meet Grade E for performance..
    Certified Network n00b

He's paid THAT much.. Make the bugger do more work la.. Once in a while meeting with the peepz in MoE..

But it shows that he does read his emails and letters la.. Seriously... You want fast response, that's the way to go.. The flip-side is that the teacher(s) involved are gonna be the scapegoats to meet Grade E for performance..
    I suppose if the teacher/s does/do bad, he/she ought to face the music, just like the students.

how come these few days got so many complaints about "treatment" by schools? it is some sort of "hunting" season????
    Invisible signature on the right ===>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Unclemun
    I suppose if the teacher/s does/do bad, he/she ought to face the music, just like the students.
    Yea.. This also brings us back to the system we live in. As Sim Wong Hoo said: "No U-turn Syndrome"

Where you cannot do anything unless you're told you can.
    Ala.. You cannot U-turn on Singapore roads unless you're told you can whereas elsewhere in the world, you can u-turn anywhere except when they tell you that you cannot.

The system they implemented did not account for the possibility that the teacher forgets the toilet-pass.
    And the teacher, being a typical example of the NUTS, didn't dare allow them to go to the toilet because he/ she was not told that an exception can be made.
    Certified Network n00b

Yea.. This also brings us back to the system we live in. As Sim Wong Hoo said: "No U-turn Syndrome"

Where you cannot do anything unless you're told you can.
    Ala.. You cannot U-turn on Singapore roads unless you're told you can whereas elsewhere in the world, you can u-turn anywhere except when they tell you that you cannot.

The system they implemented did not account for the possibility that the teacher forgets the toilet-pass.
    And the teacher, being a typical example of the NUTS, didn't dare allow them to go to the toilet because he/ she was not told that an exception can be made.
    even if not told an exception is allowed, its seriously quite common sense to allow the student to go in this case.... whether the teacher was being mean or just plain dumb, he/she deserves to be fired.... if the teacher cannot even make such decisions correctly why the hell is he/she a teacher in the first place???

Quote Originally Posted by elladan
    even if not told an exception is allowed, its seriously quite common sense to allow the student to go in this case.... whether the teacher was being mean or just plain dumb, he/she deserves to be fired.... if the teacher cannot even make such decisions correctly why the hell is he/she a teacher in the first place???
    They are afraid of repercussions.. Like I said, that's the mentality of many poeple in Singapore.
    They only do things they're told they can do.
    Certified Network n00b

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast