Banned? What to do? An FAQ on banning in VR-Forum

Well, finally it is here. As far as you know, we do clean-up on spammers, rule-breakers, trollers, flammers etc. But frankly, are we really strict? There's been too many people who got the hammer easily and many of them just don't know how or why it happened.

For those who believe they should be unbanned, here's a thread for you from the admin/mod team and the community... Reading this thread should give you the idea of what we're looking for and what we are not. Also, it serves as an info hub to let you know what to do if you ever encounter one.

The thread has been cleaned and the thread sticky now. Do feel free to ask by either PM me (sometimes I turned it off for obvious reasons :3 ) or just reply to this thread. Once the question is reviews and decided to be added, it'll appear here
    Kami = 紙 (Paper)
    Kami != 神 (God)

FAQS on what to do after being banned

--------------------------------------------------------

Q: I received a message stating I am banned and the time to unban is "NEVER". What does that mean?

A: You're banned permanently. Usually the reason (a message or URL) will be shown on the same page explaining the offence. You can choose to appeal, or creating another account. However, you'll be banned again if you committed the same offense, and may be banned if you ever create any other account since then. You'll need to appeal against your sentence, or admit your sentence and not repeating them again to prevent such thing from happening. We know who are the clones very well.

Q: I am wrongly banned! Where can I appeal for the ban?

A: You can appeal your ban by starting a thread in this section of the forum: http://forums.vr-zone.com/vr-comments/

This includes admitting of offence.

Please refrain from PMing any of the moderators/administrators for your appeal. The thread is important because it serves as a transparent platform for communication between both parties and also serves as a record for us.

Q: I was banned for <certain offence>. Will I be given another chance by appealing?

A: It depends on the case. We are not power hunger and enjoy banning anyone except spammers. Even trolls and flamers are given the chance if they appeal genuinely. The resulting appeal can be 'nothing happen', reduction of temporary ban, reverse of permanent ban, and so on. Moderators are not always right but that doesn't mean they are out there for you to bash. We'll remedy the issue if we found to have made a mistake.

Talking about being genuine, that is to approach with truth and delicacy. Do not attempt to appeal if one doesn't admit to offence if found guilty with evidence. No clone talks allowed too. We know that very well.

That being said, to appeal, first you have to create another account and post in the section mentioned in the 1st question as above without doing any other things (eg. starting a sales thread).

Q: I noticed that my temporary banned nick was permanent banned. I know I typed something nasty in 'other' forums about my banning.

A: Similar to the bringing of other non-relevant matters into here, we strongly discourage others to appeal their sentence other than using our own platform, be it they are right or not. If the nature of that post discovered was ill-intended, we'll not hesitate to view it as malingering (since most of the time, this kind of post was expressed in distressed) and take immediate action from there.

Q: What kind of offences here are punishable?

A: The following examples are punishable but not limited to those listed.
    - Spamming (scams, advertisements, multiple threads)
    - Breaking forum rules (general, exclusive)
    - Flaming (mindless insult, no-ground insult), trolling (only for serious case) [In view that everyone is mature enough, that'll be the baseline]
    - Marketplace exclusive matters (eg. selling sex toys, illegal stuff, illegal replica, over-priced tickets, fake products, timeshare/MLM scheme, illegal donation, thread-spoiling etc)
    - Defiance of Administrator/Moderator disrupting their ability to perform their duties*

* Occasionally, the team will do 'spot-checks' in various threads responding to reports by users or simply randomly discovering matters of interests. The user may be questioned on the thread itself (eg. if the item is authentic). Co-operation is appreciated on this matters.
    Last edited by PaulKami; May 8th, 13 at 04:47 PM.
    Kami = 紙 (Paper)
    Kami != 神 (God)

Reserve 2
    Kami = 紙 (Paper)
    Kami != 神 (God)

Reserve 3
    Kami = 紙 (Paper)
    Kami != 神 (God)

Updated 8th May 2013
    Kami = 紙 (Paper)
    Kami != 神 (God)

Vrzone is doing the correct thing. There is no place for spammers and scammers in this respected forum. We should report such persons and ban them immediately. It seems harsh but it is best to keep the forum clean. I believe people will agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmett View Post
    Vrzone is doing the correct thing. There is no place for spammers and scammers in this respected forum. We should report such persons and ban them immediately. It seems harsh but it is best to keep the forum clean. I believe people will agree with me.
    Totally agree with you, we must be strick with all the scammers. They deserved forever ban.
    When you say nothing at all...