Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Hangar information has been updated to the store page descriptions.

Ships and their hangar
    Discount:
    Aurora,
    Aurora LX ?,
    300i,
    315p,
    325a,
    350r

Business:
    Freelancer,
    Hornet,
    Cutlass (temporary, supposed to have an asteroid-base hangar)

Deluxe:
    Constellation

the latest Wingman's Hangar episode 34!

plus an updated ship's specs page is launched. now with the ability to compare ship stats!
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...-Page-Launched

the actual ship specs page!
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/ship-specs

and if you're looking for a local squadron, do contact us.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/hangar-module

The Hangar Module has been released!

Grab it now! 5000 UEC bonus when you download now.

3GB install.

DF

Durian Dragon Dranyago! See this Dragon Meow!

Views expressed are my own and are not representative of that of VR-Zone.
    Posts made when executing moderator duties after 20150301 will be in bold purple
    Note that Friend requests will be declined without exception. Do not send me any.

Last edited by DragonFire; Aug 31st, 13 at 08:49 AM.

Posts made when executing moderator duties after 20150301 will be in bold purple
    Note that Friend requests will be declined without exception. Do not send me any.

well it has begun
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...Store-Launched

the actual store for now:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/voyager-direct/

credits u can purchase with RL $.

Already bought me a buggy. Turns out it won't appear because I have more than 10 ships in my hangar. Will need to move some to a holding account.

DF

Wow the pirate class and ship looks really promising.

CIG hit the 18mil milestone not too long ago!

Exclusive star system for pre-launch backers. Only players who support the game before its
    launch will receive the computer coordinates needed to allow their jump drives to access this system.
    the 19mil goal unlocks the following:
    - Know your foe with a Jane’s Fighting Ships style manual free in PDF form to all pledgers.
    - Manage Space Stations – Players will compete to own and operate a limited number of space stations across the galaxy.
    - RSI Museum will air monthly, with a new game featured each time!

Wow lots of updates today...

First there's the (highly recommended reading) Chris Robert's latest letter to the fans:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...man-18-Million

Some highlights from the 1$8Mil Letter:
    1. The special planet promised in the $18mil milestone is actually a starting planet for those who backed up to that point. Interesting...
    2. $20 mil goal announced:
    First person combat on select lawless planets. Don’t just battle on space stations and platforms… take the fight to the ground!
    3. Price changes to Voyager Direct store:
    We are making the following price changes as a result of your feedback:
    Cot – 2,000 UEC (was 5,000 UEC)
    RSI Zeus Model – 5,000 UEC (was 10,000 UEC)
    Lamp – 2,000 UEC (was 5,000 UEC)
    Greycat PTV – 15,000 UEC (was 20,000 UEC)
    Posters – 1,000 UEC each (was 5,000 UEC each)
    4. Another confirmation that at launch, the ship prices will be higher than it's equivalent now.
    Also you should know that the current “dollar” price of a ship does not reflect its actual in-game value in UEC, so comparing the value of a gun against the UEC equivalent of an Aurora is not an accurate comparison. We intended backers to get a benefit for backing early rather than waiting for a finished game and one way was by obtaining ships that ultimately will be more expensive once the game is “live”. A $25 Aurora may cost 75,000 UEC in the finished universe!
    And remember, purchases beyond starter package are OPTIONAL
    5. A patch to the Hangar module.
    6. And finally a Work-In-Progress video of the Terra Landing Zone.

Second there's the latest Wingman's Hangar episode 37!

Some highlights:
    Ships will be account bound in the future. But advance warning will be given.

What if I told you the biggest, most ambitious rewards-based crowdfunding campaign in history wasn’t a Kickstarter project or an Indiegogo project?

The Pebble watch is somewhat widely recognized as the largest campaign of its type. I’m guilty of making the assertion myself. Some will say the Ubuntu Edge is the biggest campaign ever, but it really isn’t.

The largest rewards-based crowdfunding campaign ever is the campaign for Star Citizen, which crossed $18 million in funding today according to the Roberts Space Industries homepage.
    moar @ Star Citizen Hits $18 Million, RSI Aims For Much More Than Money | Crowdfund Insider

morning pilots, a new day/week, a new article on Star Citizen's progress. This time on the Hangar release and the (somewhat controversial) Voyager Direct service.

Stick and Rudder: On Star Citizen's cash shop | Massively

You had to know this was coming, too, even if some forum denizens reacted with surprise. It was long ago established that Star Citizen would be a buy-to-play game with a client cost and some sort of fluff-powered cash shop. But when CIG soft-launched the Voyager Direct store, there was quite an uproar. "We deliberately kept it back from the weekly email so we could roll it to get feedback and see how to integrate what is a tricky thing into Star Citizen at such an early stage of development," Chris Roberts explained.

As it turns out, Roberts' intention with VD was to grease the skids for what will eventually be an optional item store that sells some of the same items you can earn in-game. Also, like the pre-alpha subscription packages, VD is designed to give those backers willing and able to continue contributing to SC's development another way to do so.

All that said, I admit to a bit of an oh no moment when I first saw the headline. I'm no fan of F2P and the way it forces game designers to think like accountants instead of thinking about what's fun for players. Fortunately for me and other old school gaming fans, though, Chris Roberts doesn't appear to like F2P either.

His Voyager Direct explanation letter was music to my ears, and if there was any doubt as to where he stands on cash shops and pay-to-win, it was erased courtesy of this particular sentence. "I'm very opposed to having a game where any of the items, outside of your initial game/ship package, can be only purchased with cash. I hate the bifurcation of items in most online games, even when they are just for flair items. I want Star Citizen to allow players to earn everything they need in-game for ships, upgrades and even flair," he wrote.

In other words, SC will have a client cost and an optional cash shop. And it's the best kind of optional cash shop, i.e., one that is actually optional because there are no store-exclusive items.
    edit:
    Last edited by redeemed; Sep 9th, 13 at 07:43 AM.

quarter of a million star citizens

Cloud Imperium Interview . Kyle Rockman

Currently the only Software Tools engineer on their team.

and... it's now at least 70% to $19mil

and 23,285 slots left for the Alpha.

New concept art: Rihlah IV
    We thought we would end the week with your first look at an alien world: the Xi’An industrial planet of Rihlah IV. Located just across the border, Rihlah is an ideal destination for traders looking to acquire goods not found in UEE space. The Rihlah System was unlocked by backers during the July livestream event; you can find a full description in the unlock Comm-Link.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...IV-Concept-Art

Latest Wingman's hangar episode 039.

thanks 2 zlim for these amazing fleet promotion posters! great work! added these to the OP as well.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast