Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Talking Elite: Dangerous

and ppl compare this with other space sims and wonder why those cannot deliver earlier.... it's been in continuous dev since 1997... (there are other factors as well)

oh and technically it still is in dev since Horizons is coming out... and more seasons to follow.

------------------
    official Elite Dangerous trailer

(Ingame engine)

Elite: Dangerous is a forthcoming space trading and combat simulator that represents the fourth instalment in the Elite video game series. Having been unable to agree a funding deal with a publisher for many years, the developers crowdfunded the project through a Kickstarter campaign. The Windows version is due to be released in March 2014
    home: Elite: Dangerous - Become Legend
    Last edited by redeemed; Aug 16th, 15 at 06:40 PM.

friendly squadron is forming.

Elite: Dangerous Newsletter #11
    Castles in the Sky: Providing Variation in Station Design
    Visualising the Inside of Stations
    Constructing Stations through the Event System
    Darken the Skies: Building a Federal Battle Cruiser
    Gravity
    Comms Chatter: Party Music

Thanks for the post, I remember the original ELITE on the BBC Acorn back in 1982 fondly.

Immediately went to the site and pledged

Quote Originally Posted by FoxTwo View Post
    Thanks for the post, I remember the original ELITE on the BBC Acorn back in 1982 fondly.

Immediately went to the site and pledged
    no worries and i'm glad at least someone is interested in Eliteangerous
    btw do check your PM later.

Small Update:

As Alpha-test of this game is commencing, the last day to pledge for the game and receive the listed tiered rewards will end on 6th December 2013 (Friday, tomorrow).

To whoever might be interested, you can still head to Elite: Dangerous - Become Legend to pledge.

The 80 pounds tier (S$165.00) is the one I went for, because it is essentially a "lifetime subscription". You get all future expansions (DLCs) for free, even if you never ever go online into Multiplayer mode.

For 25 pounds (S$55.00) you get the game, no frills. Do check out the tiers and see which one you'd like to go for.

Small Update:

As Alpha-test of this game is commencing, the last day to pledge for the game and receive the listed tiered rewards will end on 6th December 2013 (Friday, tomorrow).

To whoever might be interested, you can still head to Elite: Dangerous - Become Legend to pledge.

The 80 pounds tier (S$165.00) is the one I went for, because it is essentially a "lifetime subscription". You get all future expansions (DLCs) for free, even if you never ever go online into Multiplayer mode.

For 25 pounds (S$55.00) you get the game, no frills. Do check out the tiers and see which one you'd like to go for.
    thanks for the reminder FoxTwo. maybe a few more will join today

FoxTwo - where does it state the 'Lifetime Subscription' option? do you have a link to share?

edit: sorry i was mistaken. it's there on the page itself. The other thing that threw me off was the $25 tier - it's not on the main pledge list. but if you are a new backer, you'll see it. anyway nice to see another Elite backer
    Last edited by redeemed; Dec 6th, 13 at 11:46 AM.

nice had a few more members from our SC fleet pledge for this game

Cool Seems that the backers app is still up as of now 10.30pm Singapore time. Maybe it'll be the end of 6th December UK time before it gets taken down and replaced with the "cash shop" for whatever micro-transactions they might have planned (and for people to BUY the game when it gets released).

ELITE holds a special place for me cuz I played the original 30 years ago. Can't wait for it to be released

From the "vibe" in the ELITE forums, it appears that this game is geared more for MP play (but don't worry, SP play is the same thing just without other players - very similar to how Evochron Mercenary does it). The plans include things like the devs injecting events into the universe for online play (famine, civil war etc) and for players to decide whether to help or to take advantage of the situations in the various economies.

Kinda like a space MMO I guess
    Last edited by FoxTwo; Dec 6th, 13 at 10:36 PM.

Due to popular demand we'll be keeping the Elite: Dangerous web app open until midnight on Sunday. This will be the last opportunity to claim any of the pledge rewards from our Kickstarter, so head over now to join the Elite! https://elite.frontier.co.uk/register/#.UqGu2MqGuM0
    This was from their FB announcement. (Couldn't find a forum thread)

Yeah I played the original Elite as well many moons ago So would be really nice to play this game with friends.

Ah great. They must be releasing Alpha on Monday then Probably get to see some youtube videos from the alpha guys.

BTW, quick trip down memory lane:

Oolite - Lave to Leesti run, new Commander - YouTube
    Last edited by FoxTwo; Dec 6th, 13 at 11:42 PM.

last chance to pledge today!

about 12 hrs left to pledge!

latest newsletter detailing asteroid combat, the pilot suits - including some zero-G combat, ship cockpit details, and other matters like the Alpha.
    more @ Elite: Dangerous Newsletter #14

reminder that pledging will end sometime today (or maybe in the early hours of tomorrow). and a new Store will appear - which will have different products and exclude features that early pledgers will have)

check out the dev diary!

pledging ends in about 2hrs. then a new store will take over.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast