Poll: System-poll: Are the prices offered by seller competitive?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NOTED...

Actually, the liquid submersion indicator (yes, submersion, not contact) will not change color even if completely dry.

Reason being, it indicates previous exposure to liquid, not current status.

This can be a problem, mainly because it invalidates your warranty. The service staff will tell you that your phone has been used outside of its normal operating environment, which has (ostensibly) damaged it. Of course, any issues with your phone, even issues that are not caused by liquid damage, will not be eligible for warranty claims.

Unless, of course, you pay up, upon which it's an entirely different matter.

If you do know for sure that all your problems are caused by liquid damage, there's a far quicker way to solve your problems - go flush the entire set in electrical contact cleaner. Those are available from Sheng Siong, some NTUC outlets, and most big stores with an electronics section. Flood the thing with contact cleaner, dry it out for a couple hours, and it'll be as good as it's going to be.

Personally, I haven't tried the thing with the rice yet. Can anybody who has tried it comment on the technique? Thanks.

Rice does draw out moisture - but it might scratch your device. After all, uncooked rice is hard.

Not as hard as the glass screen, or the metal bezel, or even the hard plastic backing, hopefully. I'm more concerned with the fine powder that you get off rice - lots of dust particles with your components, all crammed into a tiny space... that can't be good, can it?

the rice method works. i did it and revived it in 2 days

any scratches?

still curious bout the scratches that been mentioned above
    "Don't look to the past, coz it had already been happenned (we can't change it)"
    "Don't too busy with the future, coz it's not yet happenned"
    "Look to this moment, NOW...that's why it's called PRESENT (another word for GIFT)"

You could just buy those blue silicon pallets used for absorbing moisture for camera dry box.

It works great!! I know.. cause I use this method to remove moisture from my N95 the last time...kinda accidentally drop it in the toilet bowl hehe...

(luckily jus flush b4 drop it)

really useful!
    please visit my Blog site

Vettiofficer.com

my fren's iph was never in contact with water but the indicator showed red anyway

he's sure it was a dead motherboard or batt because it blacked out when he was talkin on the ph with a cranky ext batt

logically, the ext batt may hav killed the iph and not water
    Quote Originally Posted by thepapercut View Post
    Actually, the liquid submersion indicator (yes, submersion, not contact) will not change color even if completely dry.

Reason being, it indicates previous exposure to liquid, not current status.

This can be a problem, mainly because it invalidates your warranty. The service staff will tell you that your phone has been used outside of its normal operating environment, which has (ostensibly) damaged it. Of course, any issues with your phone, even issues that are not caused by liquid damage, will not be eligible for warranty claims.

Unless, of course, you pay up, upon which it's an entirely different matter.

If you do know for sure that all your problems are caused by liquid damage, there's a far quicker way to solve your problems - go flush the entire set in electrical contact cleaner. Those are available from Sheng Siong, some NTUC outlets, and most big stores with an electronics section. Flood the thing with contact cleaner, dry it out for a couple hours, and it'll be as good as it's going to be.

Personally, I haven't tried the thing with the rice yet. Can anybody who has tried it comment on the technique? Thanks.
    Last edited by paladim; Dec 12th, 10 at 02:33 PM.
    [email protected] | XP90 | GA P35 DS3 | TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX | 896MB 260GTX| TPII 550W SLi |36GB RAPTOR | LG DVDRW | MX518|G15 |220WS8 | ATP3

anyone with problems sending for warranty due to the indicator turning colour, can pm me. can help you "fix" it cheers
    BUY ALL USED/NEW IPHONE 5 @ HIGH PRICE!!

reminds me of my SIEMENS ruggedised phone. brought back to them for other issues and they said no nothing is covered because the 3-month old phone had water damage.
    I went like it's waterproof!

so never bought another SIEMENS, and they happily went bust.

Heard they reviewed the Water Damaged thingy. Because of perspiration, sweaty palms.
    By the way,there are 3 points actually. First 2 as mentioned and the third one is on a screw beside the battery. The inner one is to finalise how much is in contact with water I guess.

Just buy a new sticker and claim warranty. Been there done that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12