Poll: System-poll: Are the prices offered by seller competitive?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yes, HTC does not honour just any receipts. Don't even bother to even register on line as they don't honour it either (unless of course you like receiving more emails). If you do not have a valid receipt (which means from their authorised distributor or Telco set), they will start the warranty from the day the model is launch. Meaning that if the set is manufactured in September 2009 and you bought the set in December 2009, your local warranty set will start in September 2009 if you cant produce your valid receipt. If you register your set on-line on the day you purchase your set and have no valid receipt, they don't give a damn as they will still start the warranty on September 2009. I should know because I refuse to pick up one of my set that is still at their service centre because of the above because they want to charge me although I registered it and misplaced the receipt 11 months later.

So do remember to insist on a valid receipt and better to buy a Telco set as you will be assured that the receipt will be honored. For the list of authorised distributor for HTC, I really have no idea who they are and if someone can be so kind to list them, would be appreciated. But you never know, if they drop the distributor later on, will they still honour the receipt?
    Last edited by eselle; Jan 30th, 10 at 06:17 PM.

i feel tht this is a perception error ? i personally quite like their service wht. my phone spoiled ( htc dream ) they immediately helped me on it and i received it back within 5 working days and it was delivered to my house.. i didn't needed any documents.. its very convinient
    Fujitsu S6420
    Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor P8600 - 4GB DDR3 1066MHz - 250GB

Ipod Touch First Generation 8GB

HTC Dream / T-Mobile G1

VR-Zone IT & Lifestyle

gadget-modder
    Quote Originally Posted by ValentinoRyan View Post
    i feel tht this is a perception error ? i personally quite like their service wht. my phone spoiled ( htc dream ) they immediately helped me on it and i received it back within 5 working days and it was delivered to my house.. i didn't needed any documents.. its very convinient
    Perhaps because the G1 model didn't hit the market more than a year b4 you required their service?! (which automatically means it's within warranty)
    MSI Neo2-FR + C2D E7200 @ 3.2GHz
    2X2GB G.Skill Black PI PC 6400 CL4
    HIS HD4850 DDR3 + TT DuOrb
    WD Caviar Black 640GB (OS)
    Seagate 7200.11 500GB RAID 0
    Seagate 7200.10 250GB (torrent)
    CM RealPower 750W
    iCute Super18 w/ side-panel (powder-coated)

ignore list: kkpkkp, silentboiii, mafei, cycliz

up for awareness.

Didn't know this and was actually considering a HTC phone..
    Mr Chen Show Mao:

'"The test of our progress as a nation is not whether we add more to those who already have much, but whether we provide enough to those who have less.'"

Quote Originally Posted by eselle View Post
    For the list of authorised distributor for HTC, I really have no idea who they are and if someone can be so kind to list them, would be appreciated.
    SiS Technologies is the authorized distributor for HTC in both malaysia and singapore, perhaps you were talking about authorized reseller ?

Thanks Shinichi. Yes, what I meant was the list of authorized resellers. All phone shops claim that their receipt sure can. When go service centre 10months later, SURE CANNOT

Up for awareness.

The moral of the story? buy from telco...

There should be reason why they have this kind of policy... maybe due to rouge shop such as those in SLS. Reciept from unreputable shop no creditability.
    Last edited by IceShelterX; Mar 6th, 10 at 11:22 PM.
    Current Rig
    40" Samsung LCD TV
    Asus G73JH A1 | AcerAspire 4937G | HTC Flyer | Archos 9
    Asus ROG Mouse | Sidewinder X8 | Altec Lansing VS2141 | LG HT964
    XBOX360 | PSP FAT 4GB MS |Wii Local
    HTC Desire HD | BlackBerry 9800 Torch

On Going Sales
    Brand New Aigner Classic Timepiece
    WTS LG HT964PZ
    WTS AcerAspire 4937G

buy from challenger considered a reputable shop that htc will honour their receipt for warranty claims?

AMD X6 1090T BE | MSI 790FX-GD70 | G.Skill & Crucial Ballistix Blue Tracers 12GB | Intel 530 240GB SSD | Palit GTX570 Sonic Platinum | Corsair HX750 Gold | Noppoo Choc Mini | Razer DeathAdder Black Edition | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Sennheiser RS 170 | Aego M | SilverStone FT02 | Dell Ultrasharp U2311H

gadget-modder
    should be able to... got brandname can alr, i think as long as no china store or ah beng shop receipt
    CM RealPower 750W

my htc viva is broken...any idea wats the range of repair costs over at the htc center??

I think we have to be careful when buying second hand or from shop(not authorised)

I had an Nokia E70 which I bought from a forumer. The receipt from the shop stated another 6 months until expiration of warranty.

However within the next 3 months, I brought the phone to Nokia centre and they said the warranty has already expired.

I believe the warranty is registered once the phone is bought and Mobile Phone company keeps track of it.

buy from authorized dealer safest

yeah, HTC not honoring receipt phone shop.
    But before u flashing rom (shipped or custom rom) u also need to read carefully about the rom u willing to flash, cuz there is different kind or rom for different kind of device
    (like device sell in EU can't up rom for Asia, unless u HardSPL or unlock)
    When u get these errors also can post to the forum. someone might help

WeDDing/EvenT FotoGrapheR totoro17's Avatar
    wah this is something interesting to know...
    PM Me If you Intererested in Chinchilla Local Guide Book & Professional Photography Services

Lenovo IdeaPad™ Y470 : Intel® Core™ i5-2430M (2.4GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.0GHz, 3MB L3 Cache), 4gb ram, 750gb, NVIDIA® GeForce GT 550M 1gb Vram, JBL Speaker
    Macbook Pro 15inch : Intel quad Core i7 2.2ghz, 8gb ram, 500gb & AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512MB
    Panasonic TM300 Camcorder
    Samsung VP-DC175Wi DVD Camcorder : DVD+-R,RW, DL, MPEG-2 recording, 34x optical, SD/MMC slot, Night shooting, lamp, 16:9/PAL, Remote
    Canon EOS 60D Kit III at $1999 , 18-200mm, 18-55mm, 50mm f1.8 430EX Flash | Sigma 70-300mm | Tamron 11-18, 18-200
    http://chinhaven.tripod.com - Chinchilla

gadget-modder
    Quote Originally Posted by phuong_4888 View Post
    yeah, HTC not honoring receipt phone shop.
    But before u flashing rom (shipped or custom rom) u also need to read carefully about the rom u willing to flash, cuz there is different kind or rom for different kind of device
    (like device sell in EU can't up rom for Asia, unless u HardSPL or unlock)
    When u get these errors also can post to the forum. someone might help
    let me correct you on that: as far as i'm aware of, ROM flashing is hardware dependent, therefore it doesn't matter where the ROM comes from. As long as you don't try to be funny take Prophet ROM to flash Elf, you should be fine. if you didn't hardSPL or soft SPL, you won't be allowed to flash in the 1st place.

NOTE: HTC doesn't really give a damn whether you hardSPL or flash ROM or whatnot. they juz want to see if your phone can turn on, w intact hardware (coz the rest is software). How i know? coz i serviced my Elf there b4. fully flashed, no problem. they didn't even blink an eye when i told them i flashed it.
    CM RealPower 750W

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast