Poll: System-poll: Are the prices offered by seller competitive?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The moral of the story is don't buy HTC!

With online registration nowadays I really do not see how companies can still be so sticky about receipts and such. I will never buy this Taiwanese brand.

don't buy htc? htc is the company that offers hardware warranty even if you root your phone.

this new stand by them is weird though, hope they sort it out.

no more htc for me 2

ya, lost my hd2 and asked htc to help me track and they say no....so no more htc for me

I'm curious as to what devious maneuver you used to make your phone turn on.

gadget-modder
    oh, not so devious actually... just a combination of hard-reset, soft-reset and the likes i was just basically trying everything i could, coz it's dead otherwise, anyway
    MSI Neo2-FR + C2D E7200 @ 3.2GHz
    2X2GB G.Skill Black PI PC 6400 CL4
    HIS HD4850 DDR3 + TT DuOrb
    WD Caviar Black 640GB (OS)
    Seagate 7200.11 500GB RAID 0
    Seagate 7200.10 250GB (torrent)
    CM RealPower 750W
    iCute Super18 w/ side-panel (powder-coated)

ignore list: kkpkkp, silentboiii, mafei, cycliz

When my wife sent her HTC Legend to HTC Service Centre for repair, they did not ask for receipt. Instead they check the phone warranty via the HP IMEI no. So if one buy a "brand new" HTC mobile phone from a shop which in turn bought that Mobile phone from someone via recontract 6 mths ago, the warranty only left with 6mths rather than one whole year. Under HTC website, they hv a page which tells where we can buy HTC mobile phones from. These are the authorised retailers and distributors they supply their hand sets. I think this is one way to safeguard themselves.

i got bad experience also with HTC product and services. I bought HTC Touch 2 about 1 years ago, normal usage; somehow the mini usb port charger was spoilt (small black plastic that holding the pin were broken) so cannot use to charge.
    I contacted HTC Customer Care last month just when the warranty have just over, so I paid them around $70 plus for the service and delivery. Just about 1 month, again the mini usb port was spoilt again, this time I'm still keep the small black plastic part. Called their customer care again, they said they gave repair warranty 3 months for same case, so I sent it back to them for repair.
    Now the sucks part: HTC (Service dept) called me twice already to confirm about the quotation, whether I accept or reject it. The quotation is they will charge me for the repair around $70 plus, with disc 20%!!!!!
    I've asked them to put me through their managers to talk about their T&C. Instead they insisted me either I accept or reject their quotation. Where the hell is their after-sales services if it going like this.

First of all, I've never encountered any (mini/micro) usb spoilt with all of my devices from other brands.
    Second, I've never heard T&C like under warranty but still have to pay.

Guys,

Need some advise. I got a telco HTC HD2 and accidentally damaged the screen while overseas. I had to get it urgently out there while the set was still under local warranty.
    However, now I am back here and the screen has gone blank again.

I paid a high price getting it replaced once thru authorized HTC service center overseas and not sure if local service center will now honor the warranty (still got 3 months left on the original purchase warranty). Any idea how I could take this up with them?

Really appreciate your help since paying again for repair and i will end up spending double the cost of a new one and still be left out dry

take this opportunities to change phone... say bye bye HTC..

htc phone is very famous with passcode deadlock (will not unlock with any passcode).. phone will tend to switch off without warning.. (not due to battery or power contact)..

Yes.. Pls dun buy htc, I even produce star hub receipt and they still do not accept. Seriously I do not have any other receipt and I believe everyone who bought htc phone from star hub only got this yellow receipt. So those of u who is holding on to this receipt, ur warranty got screwed..

htc phones are not bad. HTC Sense is also pretty good compare to touchwiz and other pre-loaded launcher. Coz I used to own HTC Magic and HTC HD2. But their service f**king sucks.

I also flashed my HTC Magic with customised rom because they don't update just releasing new phones after new phones. My phone was once dead. I sent it to their service center and I was charged for service fees around $30. I need to call them after 3,4 days later although they should have informed me that the phone is already checked, sigh! so the result was motherboard was spoiled and need to replace with new one which will cost me around $300. hahaha. I said bullsh*t and got the phone back and fixed it by myself. Thanks to xda forums, btw.

Earlier this year i got galaxy ace, my wife used it and my daughter played around with it, dropped it. So it looked so ugly. And it is a bit slow compare to high end phone, so I decided to sell it back but hard to sell because of the dent.
    So I went o samsung service centre in Plaza Singapura and told them that this phone is still under warranty and wonder to change the cover as there are dents.
    they said they will take the phone and will see if there is any spare cover to change it.
    After 2,3 days i called them and the handset is ready to collect. They change the cover with new one without dents FOC. Although the dents are made by us, they take it as theirs and their warranty covers it while HTC warranty covers only service charges.

My brother got HTC HD2 and found out there is a small crack at the top right corner. When he checked with the HTC service they said it is his fault
    if he wants to replace the screen, he got to pay around $200.

Since then I stop buying phones from HTC. You can also decide.

Thanks for sharing and reading.
    Best,
    Thi Ha
    83219201 - asked for serial number and no news since

Just my two cents worth..... As long as warranty registered online, it's valid... The only reason the CSO asked for receipt is that they can't find the warranty records in their database..... It's the same everywhere, try buying a iPhone and don't register online bring it to apple service center. They will also not honor any other shop receipt except their authorize reseller.......

i just bought the HTC one V... but there are no warranty card or watsoever instructions to register the warranty online though i have the singtel invoice slip... any idea where to register the warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by XiaoXian View Post
    i just bought the HTC one V... but there are no warranty card or watsoever instructions to register the warranty online though i have the singtel invoice slip... any idea where to register the warranty?
    Usually they honour the invoice purchased date. The serial number is indicated. Don't worry.
    See My Garage Thread

HTC is notorious for bad warranty services. By stark contrast, apple is amazingly good. i don't use iphone anymore but over the years have sent in mine, helped my friends send in theirs for repair and heard stories also, and each time the service quality was completely satisfactory.

e.g. when i sent in my iphone 4 long time ago, the girl simple asked whether i wanted to wait for new set or get refurbished set. i chose refurbished but just before i left with the refurbished set, the NEW sets had just arrived and she changed the refurbished to new one even though it was not necessary and it was extra admin work for her!

Quote Originally Posted by noricklim View Post
    Just my two cents worth..... As long as warranty registered online, it's valid... The only reason the CSO asked for receipt is that they can't find the warranty records in their database..... It's the same everywhere, try buying a iPhone and don't register online bring it to apple service center. They will also not honor any other shop receipt except their authorize reseller.......

Too many unethical buyers/sellers here these days.
    1. The biggest ******* I have ever known: podlim 86128629 who also uses 81268129;
    2. raymond18 92237644 bigtime asshole;
    3. sghardware 92316837 (goes by Tommy and Peter on different posts)

Clearance sale!

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com....php?t=3037469

every time i agree to meet elsewhere, it's a bad decision, so i shan't anymore.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast