Page 3 of 992 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapzor View Post
    Nice thread, come in to support you.

Personally I've been using my 6Gv2 very extensively since i bought it. I would say black is really strictly for gaming purposes only. I had quite a difficult time typing at the start as the feel is totally different, but now i am quite adjusted to it already.

Not to put down steelseries products but if you type a lot more than you game, better to get something like blue/brown which is in between for both gaming/typing.
    How does a black feel like? I had quite a shock initially when having to adjust to a buckling spring key switch too, but after some time I just grow to appreciate it a lot

Buckling spring key switches are rated for about 60g of actuation force too, so they aren't exactly very much lighter compared to the blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by SmallWalrus View Post
    How does a black feel like? I had quite a shock initially when having to adjust to a buckling spring key switch too, but after some time I just grow to appreciate it a lot

Buckling spring key switches are rated for about 60g of actuation force too, so they aren't exactly very much lighter compared to the blacks.
    Blacks are also about 60g actuation force i think, key travel about 2mm(half key press?) to actuation, no click no tactile feedback.

Das Keyboard V3 Professional (Non-S model) user here. The keyboard runs on MX Cherry Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kozato View Post
    Das Keyboard V3 Professional (Non-S model) user here. The keyboard runs on MX Cherry Blue.
    Nice! Another DAS keyboard user!

Im Filco Black. The rare one yes. Take away the [2010] and this thread will survive longer than 2010

Quote Originally Posted by tengjj2000 View Post
    Im Filco Black. The rare one yes. Take away the [2010] and this thread will survive longer than 2010
    In 2011 we will post a new one

Don't bother with 2012. Aztecs say we would have died by then :X

Quote Originally Posted by MoogleStiltzkin View Post
    Use google to translate it
    not quite of much help, green shaft, tea axis....what the?? lol but nevertheless, spending 1/2 a day in these forums have poisoned me with Filco brown switch and the Ducky.
    not sure if I have to be happy or sad

Nice thread, come in to support you.

Personally I've been using my 6Gv2 very extensively since i bought it. I would say black is really strictly for gaming purposes only. I had quite a difficult time typing at the start as the feel is totally different, but now i am quite adjusted to it already.

Not to put down steelseries products but if you type a lot more than you game, better to get something like blue/brown which is in between for both gaming/typing.
    For me the blue switch is only suitable for typing. Even then, it still give me trouble on double taps.
    Mainly its due to me getting overly used to scissor switches on thin keyboards with minimal traveling distance. That aside, the blue are heavenly to type on
    Intel Core i7-930 | GA-X58A-UD3R | Corsair DDR3 Dominator 6GB | MSI HD 5970 2GB | WDC 150GB Velociraptor | WDC 1TB Caviar Black | Cooler Master SNIPER | Corsair HX 850W
    O
    nkyo SE-U55SX | Lars&Ivan BK-21 | Mordaunt Short 309i | Apple Cinema Display 27"
    Realforce 87UB | Realforce 23UB | 2x FKBN87MR/CB2 | Filco FKBN104MC/EB | Filco FKBN104M/EB-AI | Ducky DK9008 | Filco FKB22MB | RAT9 | Aivia M8600 | Razer Mamba | Icemat V2 | Puretrak Talent

come out come out wherever you are... Razer fanboys with the blackwidow...

Quote Originally Posted by SmallWalrus View Post
    I think it is the same product. With my super #*&$ chinese I just recognised the words "108" and "黑同刻"
    Even though I got an A for A level Chinese and A1 for O level chinese, I can't translate 40% of what the author said. Well, I did get E8 for HCL during O Levels, so...

Basically,

Page 1
    First paragraph talks about KBC and how it's founder decided to work with Ducky and earn lesser profit on the keyboards so more can enjoy mechanical keyboards.
    Second paragraph talks about how the reviewer obtained a brown switched 9008 through some special relations.

Page 2
    Pretty much talking about the appearance. Looks like Filco, but has differences like having 3 additional keyboard lights (F9 F10 F11) and the addition of both windows keys. He also talks about the user replaceable cable.

Page 3
    Keycap technology. Seriously.
    Ducky apparently adds some magical ingredients into their ABS, which is better and costlier than bog-standard ABS, but cheaper than PBT. The characters are also apparently pad printed/silk screened instead of the speculated engraved or lasered.

Page 4
    Switches and their differences, according to him there's only 4, apparently he is unaware of the 5th Clear Cherry MX switch. Apparently brown switches also has higher actuation force than red, smaller than blue or black, with a deeper (lower frequency) actuation sound, with actuation being not as crisp as that of the blues. He considers it an average switch, with scant differences in use when compared to the Red switches for gaming and typing.

NOTE : I have no idea what the **** is he talking about.

青轴:今天是我第一次试用青轴,从我刚按到它的时候,听着它那清脆动人的声音,让我感受到了使用机械键盘的快感,虽说没有像以前打字机这样的声音,但是相比其它轴,青轴的声音还是很清脆的。
    This indicates that this is the first time he is using a blue switch. So is he using a blue switch model or a brown? I have no idea.

Page 5,
    NKRO, 6KRO testing, with testing in games.

Apparently he tested this with some game that's hot in China some "Warriors and Underground City" (Or something) that's PK based, which requires very good keyboard skills. He finds that the NKRO helps in this case, with better keycap feel, and he feels that the blacks are superior for this game. He goes on to say that hand feeling (or whatever) is user dependent, and one needs to test it out first before deciding on one. He concludes by saying that the Ducky 9008 is a very good product, with it's workmanship and pricing good for entry level users to purchase.

Review of review : Try harder next time.

Reproducing my summary of the review from the MO thread here for the benefit of those who don't read it.
    It is better to remain silent and be taken as a fool, than to speak and prove your ignorance beyond doubt.

Model M with Trackpoint

This is mine. Bought in Canada from an IBM tech at 80 CAD.

Model M13. P/N 13H6705

Images here.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAlfa View Post
    This is mine. Bought in Canada from an IBM tech at 80 CAD.

Model M13. P/N 13H6705

Images here.

Woah! That's one Very rare keyboard u get there.
    Btw, U need to clean it asap. Dirrty!!!
    Nice for you to join us
    Input Fetish!
    Mice : Deathadder 3.5G BE | Deathadder 3.5G | Deathadder 3G White | Copperhead | Abyssus | Spawn | X5
    Mousepad : 9HD | Qck
    Keyboard : Filco Yellow Edition | Filco "Otaku" | Filco MJ2 Tenkeyless | Leopold FC500R | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Noppoo Choc Mini
    Headset : HD555

VR-Forum's Mechanical Keyboard Club, Guide and Discussion Thread
    VR-Forum's Mouse/Mousepad Club, Guide and Discussion Thread

That was before it was cleaned. Only exterior. I need to open up and extensively clean out. Someday someday.

Need to go ask my friends if any using Filco brown, need to test out brown switch to see whether i prefer that over the black switch.

However brown uses less actuation force, during gaming might activate keypress by accident. Browns also has tactile feedback, which i dont really need.

Need to go ask my friends if any using Filco brown, need to test out brown switch to see whether i prefer that over the black switch.

However brown uses less actuation force, during gaming might activate keypress by accident. Browns also has tactile feedback, which i dont really need.
    Love linear? Try the mythical red

Cherry G80-3494 (only can be purchase in China)
    Input Fetish!
    Mice : Deathadder 3.5G BE | Deathadder 3.5G | Deathadder 3G White | Copperhead | Abyssus | Spawn | X5
    Mousepad : 9HD | Qck
    Keyboard : Filco Yellow Edition | Filco "Otaku" | Filco MJ2 Tenkeyless | Leopold FC500R | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Rosewill RK-9000BR | Noppoo Choc Mini
    Headset : HD555

VR-Forum's Mechanical Keyboard Club, Guide and Discussion Thread
    VR-Forum's Mouse/Mousepad Club, Guide and Discussion Thread

Page 3 of 992 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast