Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Job seekers - Take note.

Hi everyone,

This issue's on my mind for a while now. I need to voice out.

IMHO, if you are interested in any job, I feel that you should approach the potential employer instead of the other way round.

I've seen job seeker's replies in employer's thread:

I want the job. Please email me at [email protected]
    or

Can PM me more details?
    My point is: If you are interested in any job, I feel that it is more polite to approach the potential employer. Isn't that so?

But of course, in any point of time you feel that the information posted by a potential employer is not clear, feel free to reply in the thread with your query. I believe they will be willing to react to the reply accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdFusion View Post
    The issue doesnt only occur in our forum, i notice that it occurs in other forums too.

Anyway, i saw your earlier job posting thread - I believe somebody has to voice out.
    Yeap, thanks.

By contacting the potential employer with a description of yourself and your past experience, it shows that you have at least put-in some effort and seriously interested in the job. (well, that's what I had in my mind, anyway)

oh yeah, so the employer will need to fill a clearer details especially age limit and necessary information that will help to speed up the process.

And most important is: location.

Quote Originally Posted by premium_gates View Post
    Yeap, thanks.

By contacting the potential employer with a description of yourself and your past experience, it shows that you have at least put-in some effort and seriously interested in the job. (well, that's what I had in my mind, anyway)
    Okie! Job seekers (especially to our younger friends out there!) Take note!

An employer has spoken!

i love this thread.

brass air fittings? wth!

Quote Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
    nowadays, there r so many "fake" ad been posted online..
    and most of those "unsincerece" employer just don't want to reveal their name or contact, they like use email to collect info or contact you. how can we reveal our personal info to something is hidden...
    post for discussion...
    I totally agree with you. It's so frustrating when they do not state what they want in an employee & expect us to call and be flatly rejected when they ask a few straightforward question.

Why can't they just point out what they want in the Ad? Right?

for some of them, the working hours is not what is being posted in the thread.
    i can even name 1 of them now.

Just to share some info because me myself also a jobseeker. There are really fake ads especially on the newspapers..one such example is a company by the name of Inf**** they are there to ad just for some publicity purposes or to show their rivals they are some big company..every now and then...they will show up in the newspapers haha. But i'm not very sure for the online ones.

what if someone who is sincerely looking for job as wat employer posted requirement for the job but after sending Resume the employer until now havent reply, wat does tat mean? at least reply the employee that he/she not selected.

i hope those employers posted here pls work efficiently and responsibility for those sincere job seeker
    Intel Core I7 3960X/Asus ROG Rampage IV Black Edition/Corsair DominatorGT 1866 32gb/Samsung EVO 850 250GB SSD/SP 240GB SSD/Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD/Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming/Creative SB X-FI Fatality/Kamameter/Corsair HX850i/Corsair 760T

Banned lowballer:

Tablet_crazy (989777xx)

I think there needs to be an understanding that the employee does not owe you anything, not even a reply to inform you that you were not shortlisted for an interview.

There are dozens and perhaps hundreds of individuals applying for the same job. Even if your resume is in tip-top shape and extorts the virtues and Unique Selling Propositions (USPs) of you as a brand, it does not necessarily mean that you'll get an interview. If there's no call, don't sweat it; just keep applying for the jobs in the field that you're looking at.

Expecting a reply from an employer is like giving someone help out of goodwill and expecting a word of thanks from them. Call me insensitive but I would never make myself unhappy just because someone whom I helped decided not to acknowledge with a simple 'Thanks'. If they are gracious, I consider it a bonus, and if they're not, I don't gripe about it.

im juz stating my opinion.. cos one of my friend sending resume over here (VR Zone Forum) to one of the employer by email starting from May n no reply. wat i told him is juz continue looking for jobs dun care abt them to reply u dun waste ur time. if employer r sincerely employing staff here, at least to be more efficient. not juz like sending resume via email for fun u see.. neither employee or employer like to waste their time.

maybe u can read post number 7.
    Last edited by HKSPower; Aug 24th, 09 at 02:29 PM.
    Intel Core I7 3960X/Asus ROG Rampage IV Black Edition/Corsair DominatorGT 1866 32gb/Samsung EVO 850 250GB SSD/SP 240GB SSD/Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD/Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming/Creative SB X-FI Fatality/Kamameter/Corsair HX850i/Corsair 760T

Banned lowballer:

Tablet_crazy (989777xx)

Quote Originally Posted by 心如刀割 View Post
    im juz stating my opinion.. cos one of my friend sending resume over here (VR Zone Forum) to one of the employer by email starting from May n no reply. wat i told him is juz continue looking for jobs dun care abt them to reply u dun waste ur time. if employer r sincerely employing staff here, at least to be more efficient. not juz like sending resume via email for fun u see.. neither employee or employer like to waste their time.

maybe u can read post number 7.
    Please understand that there is no full time interviewer except job agencies.

in real life situation,

employer has the right NOT to reply u no matter how many billion/zillion resume u sent.

if the employer has to reply to every single resume, imagine the HR dept of certain big shot company has to reply duno how many billion letters everyday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast