Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    For the best value

Review: Kingston Class 10 UHS-I (64GB) microSDXC Card [SDC10G2]

jQuaX.jpg
    Card manufacturers are always improving their line up of memory cards and we have seen that from SanDisk, whom have kept their card brand/series constant whilst refreshing and improving on it. Now Kingston is on it too, with their latest microSD refresh for their standard card line up. In this case, they now have omitted the maximum write speed, but rather, only highlighting its maximum read speed.
    In summary:

Overall, as we can see, despite the overall bump in speed, the consistency of the write is not there – it just keeps fluctuating. The read, however, has more or less been consistent, hitting the rated speeds. However, throughout the sustained read/write test by h2testw for the whole nand on the card yielded interesting results – only 54.5Mb/s for read.
    Anyway, the overall speeds are:
    Code:
    81495 KB/s – READ
    21640 KB/s – WRITE
    Whilst the sequential speed being bumped up, the (well, horrible) random performance of the predecessor, however, is still being carried over here and there is no significant improvement at all. As such, should you be deciding to use this card for mobile purposes, it is our recommendation to stay away from it, although, for sequential use purposes such as storing of large files or taking photos using a camera, this card is still fine.

Read it all here!

For the best value

Review: Lexar Professional 1000x UHS-II microSD (64GB)

eonXB.jpg

Keeping in line with cutting edge, Lexar released their first UHS-II capable microSD card, that allows them to use an additional lane of connection pins to achieve faster speeds. This is one of the first few microSD’s sporting this additional set of pins, and whilst there are relatively little devices that are capable of using this just yet, Lexar also included a set of UHS-II capable microSD card reader that runs on USB 3.0. So just how much faster can this card go?
    Conclusion:
    All in all, running the card in a UHS-I mode did not give it much of an advantage or boost of which we were expecting. The speed is close to (is little faster) than that of the 633X card but not by a large margin. On UHS-II mode, however, we do see that the read speed is bumped up by a pretty good margin, though the write remains similar to that of UHS-I. Nonetheless, the speeds realistically has exceeded its own given ratings, which is pretty good. In short, the speeds are as follows:
    UHS-I mode
    READ – 88,590 KB/s
    WRITE – 40,354 KB/s

UHS-II mode
    READ – 144,843 KB/s
    WRITE – 46,501 KB/s
    As a relatively new standard, there is not much devices using it as opposed to UHS-I, especially mobile devices, there is not much of a use in terms of mobile phones right now, for me to recommend this card over that of the 633x for mobile phone purposes. However, if your looking for a sleek way to store sequential data or even use it in a camera, it could be a good investment as it will reduce time required to copy your data out by quite a big margin via the UHS-II adapter.

It is nice to see the new adoption of the UHS-II standard to bump up the card speeds and we do look forward to more UHS-II cards and the corresponding capable devices.

For the full article and review, refer to here

For the best value

Review: Strontium Nitro 566x UHS-I microSD (64GB)

The Strontium Nitro is not as fast as the Nitro Plus variant, but it does still pack a punch with its included accessories and reasonable pricing. This card, is built on cheaper TLC instead of the MLC found it its faster brother – Nitro Plus.

In summary:

Overall, we did get caught off guard by the pretty reasonable performance of the card – pretty consistently clocking over 30MB/s for write performance. Whilst the read did not exceed the stated performance (85MB/s), it does clock close to it with 81-82MB/s in read. Though the random performance had not been that impressive, it is still reasonably average. Nonetheless, here’s the speeds:
    Code:
    READ – 86,781 KB/s
    WRITE – 34,814 KB/s
    All in all, Strontium has shared with us that this is their best selling card in the previous IT show and we can clearly see why. With an above average sequential speed, average random speed but relatively cheaper price and bundled with a microUSB OTG microSD adapter and a lifetime warranty, this is one card one can consider.

Read the whole review here!

For the best value

Review: Strontium MicroSDHC Card (8GB)

Today we have another Strontium MicroSD card up for review. This is Strontium’s lowest-tier microSD card and also their lowest capacity card available. Let us take a look at how this stands against its larger capacity and faster rating siblings.

In conclusion

Overall, the card is pretty decent for its price, easily nailing and meeting its rated specification of Class 6. Whilst this is not a class 10 card, and also certainly not priced like one, the card’s performance is indeed pretty good. Nonetheless, here’s the speeds:

READ – 23,094 KB/s
    WRITE – 7727 KB/s
    All in all, this value orientated card is worth the bang for the buck, though, limited on the capacity choices, it is fine for general storage of files or data, with it lifetime warranty on the card. If you do not need much space and is tight on budget, this should be in your list of considerations.

For the best value

Review: SanDisk Ultra 200GB MicroSD

We have taken a look before at SanDisk cards, such as the 64GB and 128GB cards and even announced the availability of the 200GB last year. Now, we have gotten a hands on a 200GB microSD card from SanDisk and I am hoping that this performs better than that of the 128GB. So let’s get started on SanDisk’s largest capacity microSD card now!

In summary:

READ – 80,884 KB/s
    WRITE – 28,710 KB/s
    Nonetheless, if you are looking to get capacities over 64GB, this card is a clear step up from the 128GB variant, in both speed and capacity. I would recommend giving the 128GB card a miss and going straight to this nifty 200GB microSD instead. Backed with a 10 year warranty, this card is one card not to be missed.

MY MO LIST!
    http://xtramadness.blogspot.com/

Order ah!! lai ah!!

MO SOLAR Products - jars, chargers
    http://forums.vr-zone.com/mass-order...solar-jar.html

MO: Spy n MP3 stuff - Mobile phone watch, pen, sunglasses, bluetooth!
    http://forums.vr-zone.com/mass-order...atch-pens.html

Email me at:
    xtramadnes [AT] gmail.com
    Note: my email has one less "s" compared to my user!

For the best value

Review: PNY Elite 128GB MicroSDXC Card

Today, we have another of PNY’s microSD card available for testing, full thanks to Jonathan for loaning us his new card for testing. In today’s benchmark, we will be pitting up its Elite edition of the 128GB variant of the card. As noted in past tests, the 128GB and 200GB microSD card’s performance is totally different compared with its lower capacity of the 64GB card, so this is a mark of performance of the 128GB variant and not the whole PNY Elite series!

In conclusion:

Overall, the speed whilst does read up to 80MB/s for most part of the time, overall, it is mostly below that. Furthermore, the speed has been rather inconstant especially in the write. Looking at the random speed, however, like most of the other 128GB’s, this is definitely going to be a throttle on mobile devices. Hence again, we do strongly advise against using this in mobile devices. With pricing around less than $50, and a lifetime warranty, however, this is good enough for budget hunters.

MY MO LIST!
    http://xtramadness.blogspot.com/

Order ah!! lai ah!!

MO SOLAR Products - jars, chargers
    http://forums.vr-zone.com/mass-order...solar-jar.html

MO: Spy n MP3 stuff - Mobile phone watch, pen, sunglasses, bluetooth!
    http://forums.vr-zone.com/mass-order...atch-pens.html

Email me at:
    xtramadnes [AT] gmail.com
    Note: my email has one less "s" compared to my user!

For the best value

This review is way over due and the data was actually collected months back. However, I never got the time to actually post this up till now. Nonetheless, here’s the benchmark and review for the SanDisk Ultra 256GB MicroSD card, even as SanDisk is going to launch the 400GB microSD card.
    In conclusion:

Overall, the speed of the SanDisk Ultra 256GB MicroSD is pretty close to its 200GB counterpart in some tests though write speed was slower for the rest. Nonetheless, the performance is still not bad, considering that for a high capacity card.

For the best value

Review: Samsung EVO Plus EVO+ 256GB MicroSD

SanDisk maybe the first in the market with the 200GB variant, but Samsung has caught up with them being the first to out the 256GB variant. Despite that, it took us quite awhile to get our hands on a set, which we finally do now, for review!

Overall, the speed of the Samsung EVO+ pretty much blows away its competitor: SanDisk Ultra 256GB MicroSD. With a consistently available lower price (online) than SanDisk, the Samsung EVO+ is very good consideration for value, speed and capacity. Nonetheless, here are the speeds:
    READ – 91481 KB/s
    WRITE – 85087 KB/s
    All in all, I can really recommend the Samsung EVO+ 256GB card to those whom are looking to upsize your portable media’s storage capacity. Samsung, is reportedly using their latest 48-layer 3D TLC V-NAND for this memory card, much like what they are doing for their SSD. So, just how much can you store on this 256GB card? Well, you can store up to 12 hours of 4K video or 33 hours of full HD video or perhaps, hold up to 55,200 photos with a resolution of 4,032 x 3,024 pixels (based on average lab sizes).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234