Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BishyBashy1 View Post
    I think property investment is the way to go for saving money. Keeping money in the bank gives you really sad returns which you'll lose out to inflation at the end of the day.
    hallo. this is about money saving tips. not investment / wealth building. they are 2 different things. why don't say eschewing designer coffees and eating economy rice gives sad returns and tell people consider investment instead of these lifestyle saving tips? because it sounds stupid right?

pls stick to the topic.

on that note, those who say to save money, don't use credit card are WRONG!

if you don't understand why, i recommend you read this and upgrade your knowlege 9 Bank Loopholes & How To Exploit Them

asides, you can learn of some bank loop holes in the process, although not all are applicable to singapore (its malaysia banking system)
    Last edited by jlcesg; Sep 24th, 14 at 12:44 PM. Reason: add quote of another poster

Now exchange E-currency with western union. Easy and Fast exchange perfect money, Bitcoin, Ego pay, Okpay

Exchange Perfect money

Set aside savings before you budget for your expenses. Don't save based on the money that is left after you've done your shopping. This allows you to prioritize better.

Quote Originally Posted by gester View Post
    My 2 cents :

Assuming u earn $1,280 like me(thats 1,600/mth after CPF)

- Set aside $400/mth for ure daily expenditure (Thats about $10/weekday and $20/weekend), any amount not used at the end of the month to be bank in.

- Bank in $400/mth into the POSB savings account like me . Earn interest. Does not need a principle sum like that of Fixed Dep.

- Pay off your bills on time to prevent any cashflow issues due to accumulation of bills (i.e my bills, phone+internet per month adds up to about $ 80 plus and another $80/mth for my EZ link card)

- Set aside the remaining in ure personal "cash account" at home, be it in ure lock drawer or ure piggy bank, this is in the event that u need cash urgently and no ATM/bank is available (my place no ATM ma, wad to do). Of course, u dont use it UNLESS required. And remember to bank it in every time it reached $1,000 . (i.e in 3 month time ure cash account saved up to about $1150, bank in the $1,000 so that the cash account have a balance of $150, rinse and repeat)

- Create a "provision for (item that u want)" and set aside about $40 to $50 per month. (accountant should know what i mean, i dont really know how to explain)
    that's provided that both your parents are in tip top health.
    if any is in major helath issue,they will tap deeply into your reserve.
    your $400 /mth saving for 20 years can go down the drian in just year

Try to buy online with use of coupons or deals it rally help you to save some money,
    Also purchasing cloths from sales can also help you to save money.

resource :How to Save Money - Top 17 Ways & Best Tips to Save Money
    Last edited by richa123; May 9th, 15 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Forgot to give resource

agreed. u guys got try to read advertisements for money?

got one is just read emails and get paid. just receive emails and get paid! dont even have to read... i usually open it to acknowledge only
    Get Paid To Read Emails

To be frank i am in it for the past 2 years.. didnt earn a lot coz not surveys.
    just get abt $100 plus a year.. used to take and go eat buffet with wife

Quote Originally Posted by archcherub View Post
    agreed. u guys got try to read advertisements for money?

got one is just read emails and get paid. just receive emails and get paid! dont even have to read... i usually open it to acknowledge only
    Get Paid To Read Emails

To be frank i am in it for the past 2 years.. didnt earn a lot coz not surveys.
    just get abt $100 plus a year.. used to take and go eat buffet with wife
    for me, i think the best way to save money is to marry!
    haha marriage is a great way to build a financial foundation.

my wife makes me think twice about spending frivolously. because now i am responsible to my spouse.
    My wife makes me think thrice abt my investment plans and speculations.... because i dont want my spouse to NAG & NAG at me
    honestly, dual income and u get to share the burdens of some major life expenses, like entertainment stuff, driving around, holidays.

We encourage each other to be financially responsible and shrewd.

PS: i am not even stating the obvious benefits of happiness in a marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by archcherub View Post
    for me, i think the best way to save money is to marry!
    haha marriage is a great way to build a financial foundation.

my wife makes me think twice about spending frivolously. because now i am responsible to my spouse.
    My wife makes me think thrice abt my investment plans and speculations.... because i dont want my spouse to NAG & NAG at me
    honestly, dual income and u get to share the burdens of some major life expenses, like entertainment stuff, driving around, holidays.

We encourage each other to be financially responsible and shrewd.

PS: i am not even stating the obvious benefits of happiness in a marriage.
    unfortunately, not all wives are like this.
    Chuckin' them deuces

We can save $1000++ a year on grocery with diffmarts.com. I can sit comfortably in front of desktop and compare prices of Guardian, Watson, Coldstorage, Fairprice, Giant, Rec'mart and Sheng Siong with just 1 click! It even comes with app for android.

Let me show you examples of saving money:
    Milk powder (save up to $5 at XXX shop)
    Diaper (save up to $5.4 at XXX shop)

Here are some credit card hacks that are borderline d-ck moves. I’ve done most of them before in Malaysia.

Apply for a credit card just for the sign up rewards, then cancel it after receiving the gifts
    In Malaysia, diff sales agencies can give different credit card gift rewards, even if the cards are from the same bank. It helps that many deals are now available for comparison online as well. I got RM200 cash, a coffee machine, power banks, a remote control car for my nephew, and a cabin luggage. Heh.

Use Specific Cards for Specific Purposes
    Especially true for cash back cards. Different cards give different rebates depending on the spend category. I have 1 card from OCBC that gives 1% rebate on online transactions; A card from UOB that gives me 5% rebate on petrol purchased on weekends and my phone bill; And another card from Maybank that gives 2% rebate on my groceries. Wow wee!

Pay off your monthly statements in full and never carry a balance
    This way, you’d enjoy interest free periods on amounts you incur on your card. Otherwise, the high interest charges will outweigh all the benefits of getting a credit card. Unless…

Unless it is a Zero Interest Repayment Plan
    Some merchants offer Zero Interest Repayment Plans (aka Easy Payment Plans) for certain large ticket merchandise or services. ALWAYS go for it. That money you would have paid up front serves you better sitting in a Fixed Deposit earning interest. But it gets even better…

0% Balance Transfers
    For those who carry a balance on their credit cards, hunt for great balance transfer card offers. There are certain cards that not only give you an up front cash back upon balance transfer, but also charge you ZERO INTEREST to repay within X amount of months. Banks are counting on you to add on to the balance and then start charging you interest on the balance outstanding. But don't be that stupid.

Congratulations! You are well on your way to thinking like a kiasu Singaporean

Quote Originally Posted by thuha163 View Post
    Stay at home don't go out.
    this can be a good advice if you have some healthy snacks and some movies or internet entertainment such as youtube? lol i do that on weekends with my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdog View Post
    dun pump 95 or 98 octane fuel if your car doesn't need it
    best is not to own a car at all.
    use public transport all the time. if u need to rush or pamper urself, then call for taxi or grabcar or uber

Get 10$ off on redmart order
    *for new accounts only*

10$ Coupon available at: https://sites.google.com/site/redmartcouponsg/

Blog Entries
    Look for best deals or discounts on Pelando.sg before buying anything online/offline.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast