Page 25 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    FYI : Nucleus Connect IS wholly owned subsidiary OF STARHUB PTE.LTD

If Super Internet is playing punk with you, I don't see any benefit that they will acquire.

Wenasong,
    There is no need to call direct OpenNet, they wont entertain you. They are the infrastructure builder. They liaises directly to 'resellers'. Not End-Users to resolve the issue.

Yes, U can email benjamin but i will tell you, it might not be effective. Your best choice. support[at]super.net.sg

Quote Originally Posted by wenasong View Post
    My suggestions are:
    1. Call Open Net
    2. Call Nucleus Connect --> No Hotline Number currently
    3. Email SI don't call.
    benjamin.tan(at)super.net.sg

That is the hostmaster's email.

4. Try to unplug for 15mins and plug it back.
    J-JuristiuM-M
    I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can't accept for not trying.

Yeah, on paper is GREEN owning it

If Super Internet is playing punk with you, I don't see any benefit that they will acquire.
    J-JuristiuM-M
    I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can't accept for not trying.

Bipolar Narcissistic Dreamslacker's Avatar
    @|ce: If it happens again, try powering off both the computer and ONT. Make sure the mains supply to the computer is shut off as well to bring the carrier down completely. Then power on the ONT followed by the computer and try again.

Also, if you've applied Netsh tweaks, particularly the Experimental Auto-tuning, turn it off.
    An Idle Mind Walks in Dark Places
    Certified Network n00b

The dumbass
    haha.. nah... PM me.. something cannot say on forum

Quote Originally Posted by Cytoplasm View Post
    Hi |ce,
    Not speaking on behalf of Super-Internet. In the first place anything after 2200H dont even need to call ISP for support unless you are PREMIUM or Business user.

Secondly, With regards to email support to Super-Internet it MIGHT be coincidental. But of course you can revert back to them since u are their customer not Nuclears. So you can demand for your rights. But as a user, think about it. If you are running a business will u want to even offend your end-users like such irritating problems u are facing? I doubt so.

Just relax let them give them an answer to you. If SI really see a problem i believe they are willing and happy to change the ONT if that will reduce your problems. There are better options then ranting on ISP not doing their job.

Trust me, SI has good engineers on board and i doubt they want to lie their way when are are customer fronting.

If you do have any issue like i said:
    1. go to run -> 'cmd'
    2. ipconfig /renew
    3. ipconfig to check for ip
    4. Yes? ipconfig /flush_dns
    5. try again

Else
    reboot ONT wait for about 5mins turn back again and repeat these steps.

This is all i can say just for a SIMPLE basic troubleshooting steps.
    I will take all your advices.

Anyway, I dun want to call also but this is not the 1st time. On top of that, what frustrates me is that they are simply nonchalant about the entire affair. From the emails that they replied to me, they simply insist that nothing is wrong. Everything is fine. Its like telling me that I, as the customer, removed the iP address completely and turn around to get them to take the rap for it. I don't do tweaks or anything to my settings nor comp. I am just a layman. I pay my monthly payments and I expect it to work. If there is network maintenance, I understand. If the undersea cable broke because the whales and sharks are too hungry, simply inform me. I can understand and I can wait. What I cannot accept is the attitude. They just say that nothing is wrong on their side hence my side nothing is wrong too. Seriously, what is so difficult telling me what bro Wenasong said ? Its just one sentence and I will gladly accept it because I know where to go next. That sentence should be that there might be some problems with the DHCP servers on the fibers side and I might want to check with NC. Now, tell me .. how difficult is that ?

Instead of replies like "Everything is fine here. No problems with your connection either" or "Please turn on and off your ONT box, your iP address will be back" ( after that, conveniently refused to answer my calls )

I am the customer. I subscribed to an ISP. My iP address goes missing. Who should I be calling ? NC ? If I subscribe to Starhub Cable and my iP address goes missing, I call Motorola ?
    Razer Destructor Black, Samsung T260HD, AE Aego M 2.1 White, Sony Playstation 3 Lightning Version 2, Samsung 32" 5 Series Slim LED TV, Fiio E12 Black, Shure Limited Blue SE215, Edifier S730, Fiio X5, Samsung K Zoom White, Astro A40 MixAmp Pro, Ducky Shine4 White with White Switch, SteelSeries Sensei Wireless Laser Mouse, Sony Playstation 4 Glacier White 500GB, Apple iPad Mini 3 16GB 4G Gold, Oppo N3, UE MegaBoom Purple, Creative Roar 2 Black, Razer Firefly, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 WiFi, Fujifilm FinePix S8600 Red Rouge, Samsung Galaxy A3 LTE Gold, Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6, LG V10 Beige,

Blacklist : audiohubSG 81976118

The dumbass
    Jumbo frame only supported on AE connection.. not GPON..

Wenasong,
    There is no need to call direct OpenNet, they wont entertain you. They are the infrastructure builder. They liaises directly to 'resellers'. Not End-Users to resolve the issue.

Yes, U can email benjamin but i will tell you, it might not be effective. Your best choice. support[at]super.net.sg
    Ok so NC won't entertain. SI claims everything is fine but this problem exist. Hence, it still boils down to the same question. Who to inform about this problem ?

I strongly believe my iP address will go missing again. I hate using my 3G network on SingTel to access to the forum because its damn slow. I kinda hate Starhub also coz they charged me exorbitant prices for slow speed. I like SI very much because everything is zippy, so zippy that my iP address goes missing most of the time.

I will use all your advices when my zippy iP address goes missing again. I will definitely use your advices but I am also very confident that it won't help. I pressed at least 30 times ipconfig/renew yesterday after I reached home.

At work, I am using the 3G sluggish network on my SGS. VR forum takes like 7 minutes to load. Dun even need to ask me how long facebook loads coz it never loads. Hence, when I reach home, I expect to be able to use the internet at zippy speed. I do admit that yesterday was my boiling point. Facing sluggish speed at work and coming home to a missing iP address comp again ... *sigh* Its just too painful.

I seriously regret saying 3G on SingTel is sucky. At least there is a connection. I also regret jumping ship ... I thought about it the whole night .. I was once so happy being able to jump ship from Starhub to a provider who gave me blazing speed. Its just so short-lived.
    Razer Destructor Black, Samsung T260HD, AE Aego M 2.1 White, Sony Playstation 3 Lightning Version 2, Samsung 32" 5 Series Slim LED TV, Fiio E12 Black, Shure Limited Blue SE215, Edifier S730, Fiio X5, Samsung K Zoom White, Astro A40 MixAmp Pro, Ducky Shine4 White with White Switch, SteelSeries Sensei Wireless Laser Mouse, Sony Playstation 4 Glacier White 500GB, Apple iPad Mini 3 16GB 4G Gold, Oppo N3, UE MegaBoom Purple, Creative Roar 2 Black, Razer Firefly, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 WiFi, Fujifilm FinePix S8600 Red Rouge, Samsung Galaxy A3 LTE Gold, Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6, LG V10 Beige,

Blacklist : audiohubSG 81976118

I hope Super-I Rep will correct me if im wrong.
    1. Super-I will provide you a Optical Network Terminator (ONT) and after which is a FE Port to be plugged to your router (Yours).

2. Nothing to replace what SI is giving. Maybe an advice is to purchase a awesome router/ap?

3. If you are considering just Internet Connectivity, SI is 1 of the cheaper option of course dont talk about M1. i have Zero confidences in them. The rest of the ISP, i feel is rocket high for monthly.
    many thanks for the information bro.

edit: Btw, heard that M1 does not restrict on international upload/download speed. Anyone can verify that? Im not saying that they will provide 100% of the true bandwidth but close to say 85%.

edit the edit: Scrap that. found my answer
    Last edited by bentancy; Mar 10th, 11 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bentancy View Post
    many thanks for the information bro.

edit: Btw, heard that M1 does not restrict on international upload/download speed. Anyone can verify that? Im not saying that they will provide 100% of the true bandwidth but close to say 85%.

edit the edit: Scrap that. found my answer
    M1 100mbps is 25mbps capped. SI is usually ard 25mbps also.
    Bzzzzzzzzzzzzt Blitz.

Cert : #1212NA195 , #1404TCE008 , #1404WE064 , #1405RE146 , #1405INE010 , #1604UME060

M1 100mbps is 25mbps capped. SI is usually ard 25mbps also.
    Cap seems Traffic Shaping. Would say Policing instead.
    J-JuristiuM-M

I'm planning to sign up with SI soon.

Currently, I have a Asus RT-N56U. Can I continue using this router? Just need to connect to the ONT, am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by RtOaNn View Post
    I'm planning to sign up with SI soon.

Currently, I have a Asus RT-N56U. Can I continue using this router? Just need to connect to the ONT, am I right?
    Yupz, No issue
    J-JuristiuM-M

Yupz, No issue
    Great, then I'll probably get another for wireless bridging as my TP is in my living room while my computers are mostly in my siblings & study room.

Thanks Cytoplasm!

The dumbass
    actually the 25M cap is kinda implemented on NC side... so yeah.. is occasionally burstable. only.. most of the time is less than 25M de.. as far as i can tell

Page 25 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast