Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post R700 Crossfire scores X12515 in 3DMark Vantage

Seems like RV770 has ROPs on steroids - AA is better than Nvidia now

Impressive

That is an impressive score no doubt about that...

I am especially curious about the scaling improvements and what they did to actually improve things and what was wrong with the old design. CF scaling on the HD3x series was the main issue that made me not buy ATI products...

It could be better!

Quote Originally Posted by Mau1wurf1977 View Post

I am especially curious about the scaling improvements and what they did to actually improve things and what was wrong with the old design. CF scaling on the HD3x series was the main issue that made me not buy ATI products...
    If it's true, it could be because ATI decided they will go the multiple GPU path, they invested significantly in CF scaling.

Or they got help from AMD, who have been doing multi-core for many years now

Aparently the bridge chip is gone. So they are using something else this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Mau1wurf1977 View Post

Something so called CrossFire Sideport inside the RV770.

How about we see some REAL benchmarks before making any assumptions shall we! Isn't that what you said about Nvidia's 'benchmarks'??

Maka

Quote Originally Posted by MrMaka View Post
    How about we see some REAL benchmarks before making any assumptions shall we! Isn't that what you said about Nvidia's 'benchmarks'??

Maka
    Oh, when AMD is able to present a REAL benchmark, you call that "benchmarks like 3DMark Vantage shows the performance in theory better than games", and then when AMD shows you both 3DMark Vantage and REAL games test results, and you would probably say "okay, so real life usage is better than benchmarks since this is oneself's experiences, and they cannot be determined even with benchmarks".

So, yeah, you're always right.

Actually, games benchmarks are the ONLY benchmark that counts, as has been proven over the years. And as far as performance fluctuations based on personal experience, that's crap, no system changes enough to be any consequence to overall performance of a graphics card!
    Like I have said before, performance is what matters to me, not the brand. If AMD beat Nvidia, then that is cool, but until they show benchmarks with real games and not synthetic benches, then, and only then will I consider an AMD (ATI).

Maka

Maka
    http://www.hardware.fr/art/imprimer/724/

Actually, games benchmarks are the ONLY benchmark that counts, as has been proven over the years. And as far as performance fluctuations based on personal experience, that's crap, no system changes enough to be any consequence to overall performance of a graphics card!
    Like I have said before, performance is what matters to me, not the brand. If AMD beat Nvidia, then that is cool, but until they show benchmarks with real games and not synthetic benches, then, and only then will I consider an AMD (ATI).

Maka
    I don't fully agree with this.

While it's true that game benchmarks are important. Standard benchmarks have their use too. After all, it's a real benchmark! It accurately predicts the power of the hardware in its own way.

It's a nice score, but says nothing conclusive yet

It's FAKE!!! Look at bandwidth 57 GB/s It's not real, GDDR 5 has more... !!! I Think it's FAKE FAKE FAKE!

r700

Quote Originally Posted by ANuB1S View Post
    It's FAKE!!! Look at bandwidth 57 GB/s It's not real, GDDR 5 has more... !!! I Think it's FAKE FAKE FAKE!
    Even if it would be true, it is absolutely pitieous that they are marketing a two-chip solution under another name. It's like nVidia would sell 2x G92 as a G90. But, if they aren't able to make a big chip, it seems that the marketing department has to give the impression of it.

Quote Originally Posted by newzhunter View Post

Guys, that's completely fake. A single 4870 gets X4400 in 3DMARK Vantage on the Xtreme preset. A 4870x2 is 2 4870s, this xtreme score would require a 4870x3 to achieve that score. Dual 4870s won't even score X8800 in Vantage because Crossfire doesn't even scale 100%.
    Also those images show the 4870x2 having 900 shaders and a 256-bit bus, now is it just me or should the card have 1600 shaders and a 512bit bus?

FAKE!
    Core i7 940 @ 4.01Ghz - 6GB DDR3 1608Mhz -
    SLI GTX 280 SSC - EVGA X58 Classified -
    ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Corsair 1000W PSU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast