Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Human Brain vs. ATi RV770 GPU

Human brain has 100x more compute capability than ATi RV770 GPU

Source;
    http://forum.donanimhaber.com/m_25688835/tm.htm

coming soon

ehm..
    <<my main rig>>
    cpu>intel i7 6700K , mb>asrock Z270M-ITX , rams>2 x 8gb kingston hyperx fury ddr4 ,gpu>nvidia gtx titan x on dell ultrasharp U2713HM, psu>evga p2 750w case>fractal design nano s
    hd>samsung 850 pro 512gb + 1tb western digital blue
    inputs>cm quickfire tk + logitech g100s + steelseries qck

dfi lanparty fan
    dfi nf4 ultra >dfi dk p35 >dfi lt x48 >dfi ut x48>dfi ut x58 >now - dfi nf4 sli-dr ..

I thought the human brain was in the range of thousands, perhaps millions of times more powerful than the top end supercomputers of today. So the first computers built upon nanophotonics will already be much more powerful than the human brain? Scary.
    But the human brain is also "locked down" so that you can't do maths numbers nearly as quickly as you'd want to, though.
    Last edited by Nuker_; Aug 17th, 08 at 03:56 AM.

...and in the end the cyborgs will win

Bullshit.Human brain if you know from biology is used at maximum at 11% from his capacity.Imagine what is like to be used at 100%.Anyway, human brain cannot be compared with a bunch of transistors..

Interesting,
    The RV700 has 1600 cores with 2 constructions "flops"/cycle for each, operating at 750MHz .
    The human brain has, i think, millions of cells operating at XMHz with.... How many construction a brain cell can achieve in lets say 0.1 second.
    I can't compare a thing here.
    I wonder how did they calculate the processing power of the human brain.
    I mean for a gpu, you can calculate the processing power according to this formula: number of cores x number of constructions/cycle for each core x the frequency that the cores operate at.

secondly, do all humen have the same processing power "men,women children adults,different people..."

thirdly, does the human brain operate as a parallel processor or a
    x86 procesor or both?

Btw, what's the processing power of the best x86 processor, The
    qx9770 lets say at 4GHz ?

Quote Originally Posted by __-_-_-__ View Post
    ...and in the end the cyborgs will win

Quote Originally Posted by konstantine View Post

Btw, what's the processing power of the best x86 processor, The
    qx9770 lets say at 4GHz ?
    Let's say this way: Intel's replacement for Nehalem-architecture (2010) codenamed "Sandy Bridge" will support 8 core processors each capable of 28 Gflops --> 224 Gflops total..which is huge number for CPU.

Geforce 7900 GTX -- 255 Gflops.
    HD4870 X2 -- 2400Gflops - 1200 Gflops (db)
    Intel Larrabee -- 2000 Gflops (db)

GPU's can do very limited calculations compared to CPU and human brains can do a lot more than CPU

28 USD / 20€ per month, unlimited transfers

Maybe they wanted to make fun of ati's GPU.I wouldn't be suprised to see an Nvidia superior to the brain GPU slideshow.
    How stupid fanboys are it's without limits.

This isn't really much of a fair comparison since the human brain cheats with a better 'software' model. Even if AMD can make a computer system with equal processing capabilities to that of a human brain, they'd still have to figure out how to program it like the human brain to be its equal. The data structures used by the mind and its radical form of compression for memory have yet to find a digital equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Niceone View Post
    Let's say this way: Intel's replacement for Nehalem-architecture (2010) codenamed "Sandy Bridge" will support 8 core processors each capable of 28 Gflops --> 224 Gflops total..which is huge number for CPU.

Geforce 7900 GTX -- 255 Gflops.
    HD4870 X2 -- 2400Gflops - 1200 Gflops (db)
    Intel Larrabee -- 2000 Gflops (db)

GPU's can do very limited calculations compared to CPU and human brains can do a lot more than CPU
    Your values for 4870 x2 and Larrabee are wrong for ( double precision )

4870x2 can do 600 double precision "Gflops"
    Larrabee can do 960 double precision "Gflops"

ohhh so youu have a more powerfull GPU in your brain and can imagine a role in crysis 4 then why buy a $550 card to play crysis 2??

Newbie of Now and Forever wwenze's Avatar
    Yes yes yes the human brain has so much more processing power,

but it's only that little bit fast in real life.

Reason? Low programmability! Bad coding! Memory errors!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast