Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

How to train for Pull Up?

I pass everything for napfa except for Pull Up.. need 2 to pass. manage to do 1 1/2 then CMI liao ... suay

take weight lor..
    Gary
    Show appreciation by Clicking " Thanks " >

Quote Originally Posted by mintv123456
    I pass everything for napfa except for Pull Up.. need 2 to pass. manage to do 1 1/2 then CMI liao ... suay
    do lots of push ups to strengthen ur upper body... then switch to doing pulls up..

do like 5 rest 4 rest 3 rest 2 rest 1...

this way u do fifteen but with breaks in between..
    Crosshair V Formula - X6 1090T - 8GB Dominator GT's - ATI HD 6970 - Force GT 60GB & Vertex III 120GB
    MacBook (2.4Ghz, 4GB DDR3, 250GB & 9400M)

Quote Originally Posted by expire123
    take weight lor..
    how do i lift weights.. wat position to train the part for pulling up?

Smile

Do 20 proper push up. Rest for 3 minutes. Then repeat the process. Do about 200 or more in a day. If you are able, gradually increase it to 30 and shorten the period of rest. By proper push up, I mean going down until your chest is less than 5 cm from the ground, and COMPLETELY straightening your arm when going up. If you are able to do this, you will be able to do 6 chin up, the bare minimum for passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital
    Do 20 proper push up. Rest for 3 minutes. Then repeat the process. Do about 200 or more in a day. If you are able, gradually increase it to 30 and shorten the period of rest. By proper push up, I mean going down until your chest is less than 5 cm from the ground, and COMPLETELY straightening your arm when going up. If you are able to do this, you will be able to do 6 chin up, the bare minimum for passing.

yups
    thats the way it shuld be done

try it out
    for sure u will do alot for ur pull up if u keep doin this everyday
    trust me
    it really works~
    MainBoard: Asus Blitz Formula | CPU: Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz | Graphic: MSI 280GTX OC Edition 1GB | Storage: WD Raptor 150GB / Seagate 320GB | Memory: OCZ Reaper PC6400 2x2GB | Display: Samsung 205BW | PSU: Enermax Galaxy DXX 850W | DvD Rom: Asus E616A3T 16x DvD Rom | DvD Writer: LG H62N 18x Multi DvD | Casing: SilverStone TJ-09 | Cooler: THERMALRIGHT Ultra 120 eXtreme BLACK EDITION w/ uvnium fan | Internal Reader: Sony 9-in-1 Card Reader | Operating System: Windows 7 Professional

Mouse: Razer Lachesis / SteelSeries Kinzu | Keyboard: Razer Lycosa / SteelSeries 7G | Mousepad: Razer Destuctor / Goliathus / Mantis / SteelSeries QcK Mass | Speaker: Altec Lansing ATP3 | Headset: Razer Carcharias / SteelSeries Siberia USB White / SteelSeries 7H

Gadgets: PlayStation 3 Slim 160GB White / PlayStation 3 Fat 80GB Black | PSP | iPod Touch 8GB | iPad 2 White 32GB | iPhone 4 White 32gb | MacBook Pro 13" 2011 16gb / 750GB | Asus G75VW 3D Edition | PS Vita 2006 Slim 64gb

sorry to break the flow but the muscles used in pull ups and push ups are mostly different muscles. but push ups can also be good for strength nevertheless. im not saying that do push ups cannot train for pullup, but its more effort taken.

imo, go to gym, work on the back muscles, biceps and lats. u can google on the exercises for the body parts ive listed. or jsut google muscle directory.

also read up on how to train properly from almost any website on bodybuilding. =D

juz do more pull ups, force yourself to to it everyday ... this is the way bmt will train you

if you able to get a friend to do together, will be better - assist you when you are on the 1/2 - juz a slight nudge for you to hit the 2nd (hold at hip / waist, DO NOT HOLD YOUR LOWER LEGS / ANKLES otherwise if you lose grip and fall, will hit your chin bad)

after a week or so, you will be able to do 2 without much problem .... thereafter, go for 3, 4, 5 (maybe take another 1 to 2 weeks) .... after you can clear 6, hit 10 is easy ... coz you have worked the correct muscles and adopted the proper posture and grip for doing pull ups

best method is to do pull up everyday
    everyday do till ur arm cannot tahan.
    so even after u cant do anymore pull up, just hang ur self on the bar till ur arm cant support ur body anymore.

u can try both method of the pull up in this case: your palm facing u and also palm away from u.

Quote Originally Posted by flamekid
    sorry to break the flow but the muscles used in pull ups and push ups are mostly different muscles. but push ups can also be good for strength nevertheless. im not saying that do push ups cannot train for pullup, but its more effort taken.

imo, go to gym, work on the back muscles, biceps and lats. u can google on the exercises for the body parts ive listed. or jsut google muscle directory.

also read up on how to train properly from almost any website on bodybuilding. =D

well, push ups worked for me....did abt 200++ a day....watched tv, when advertisements, do 20,rest and do over n over again...trained for abt 2 months.. then when my napfa came, i managed to do 9 pull ups...and i was abt 80kg back then...hhmm...
    Intel Core i7 930 | Gigabyte X58-UD3R | Kingston DDR3-1600 6 x 1GB | Powercolor 4870 | Silverstone 600W | Philips 23" LED234CL | Creative G550 5.1 | creative X-Fi Titanium | | Microsoft X8 | Coolermaster Stacker 830 Black |

Quote Originally Posted by pettypoh
    juz do more pull ups, force yourself to to it everyday ... this is the way bmt will train you

if you able to get a friend to do together, will be better - assist you when you are on the 1/2 - juz a slight nudge for you to hit the 2nd (hold at hip / waist, DO NOT HOLD YOUR LOWER LEGS / ANKLES otherwise if you lose grip and fall, will hit your chin bad)

after a week or so, you will be able to do 2 without much problem .... thereafter, go for 3, 4, 5 (maybe take another 1 to 2 weeks) .... after you can clear 6, hit 10 is easy ... coz you have worked the correct muscles and adopted the proper posture and grip for doing pull ups
    any other way? cause the nearest pullup bar is very far away from me.. training weight or push up at home will help?

Quote Originally Posted by vic viper
    well, push ups worked for me....did abt 200++ a day....watched tv, when advertisements, do 20,rest and do over n over again...trained for abt 2 months.. then when my napfa came, i managed to do 9 pull ups...and i was abt 80kg back then...hhmm...
    Wow impressive! 80kg and 9 pull ups!

1992 Honda Civic Si (EG5)
    1996 Honda Civic SiR (EK4)
    2007 Subaru Impreza WRX (GDA)

any other way? cause the nearest pullup bar is very far away from me.. training weight or push up at home will help?

juz do push up will help...trust me, but it'll take 1 or 2 months to train up
    Intel Core i7 930 | Gigabyte X58-UD3R | Kingston DDR3-1600 6 x 1GB | Powercolor 4870 | Silverstone 600W | Philips 23" LED234CL | Creative G550 5.1 | creative X-Fi Titanium | | Microsoft X8 | Coolermaster Stacker 830 Black |

Quote Originally Posted by prostcode
    Wow impressive! 80kg and 9 pull ups!

haha, thks bro! well, that was back in sec school...4-5 years ago..haha...

last time i also cannot do. had my own training programme. nw can manage 8 to 11.

i would suggest STANDARD inclined pull ups instead of push ups or lifting weights. They DONT WORK for me at all. i rmbed i can do 50 push ups last time at 1 go but still cant pull a single pull up.

inclined pull up trains the muscles needed for pull ups and strengthens them.

start with like 20, den increased slowly up to 30. 35, 40 etc when u feel stronger.
    when u can pull like 4 to 50, your pull up defintely wouldnt be just 2, at least 6 and above. =)

if u go gym, train lat pull down. =)
    Last edited by idontknow; May 15th, 07 at 08:12 PM.

lowest speed experienced for singnet 10mbps at night

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast