Project doesn’t recognize file format

Hi all!Hi all. I need help in the following problem. Recently I created a new project in Project 2010 standard and after several iterations of edits and saving, and after I tried to open the file I got an error "Project cannot recognize this file format". I repaired both Project and Office 2010 twice each. Yesterday I had Project uninstalled and re-installed again. Not sure what to do now. I read that if you just keep hit the Save command while working, the file can get bloated and corrupt. I have a lot of time invested in this project file. Is there a way to repair microsoft project file? MS Project 2010, SP1 installed.

Thank you for the advice. I'll try to do as you said.

1. Try installing the latest updates to Project 2010 and check the behavior.
    2. Try inserting this project into subproject of a new project and then remove the link to sub project and check the behavior.
    If this standard way does not help, then you can try to restore the file from backup, or in an extreme case, you can help Project Repair Kit that can extract information from the damaged file and save it in desired format. visit this website. http://www.project.repair/

I am very grateful for your advice. Thank you very much!