Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chief Executive Princess Christine's Avatar
    Step 1: Call 62131311 during office hours from 8.30am - 5pm, Monday - Friday

Step 2: Follow instruction on the tel interactive menu by pressing 1, and then 1 and then 1. (Can't remember what is it already)

Step 3: When you heard the voice saying "Pls stay on the line to talk to our Customer Service Officer (CSO)"

Step 4: When connected to the CSO, the receptionist would then request you gave her your contact information such as name, address, contact number, nature of problem blah blah blah....... B4 she put you thru to the Technical Support Officer.

Step 5: When she puts you through to the technical support officer, the officer would then ask for the nature of your problem and then walk you through the troubleshooting process blah blah blah..... (Including asking you to test your processor on another motherboard etc....)

Step 6: When the technical support officer is sastisfied that you indeed have a faulty processor / motherboard, he will then confirm your name and contact information and ask for details such as serial number, make, model etc....of your motherboard / processor.

In this situation, he will assign you a case number for your this replacement, which YOU MUST keep it with you for record.

He will then require you to visually check for any cracks, pin broken / bent, scratch etc on your processor / motherboard and to follow whatever instructions to take out any parts which they do not need for you to keep. You are then required to pack the thing properly using a form box stuff with a lot of air bubble form, layers of newspapers to prevent breakage during courier back to the semiconductor factory in Malaysia.
    For your processor, don't forget to pack in your heat sink fan as well.

Now you are required to wait about 3 - 5 days for the their designated courier company DHL to send you some Air Way Bill & Return COmmercial Invoices documents.

Step 7: 1 - 3 days later, you received a call from Fedex that you have a document to be delivered to you within the day.

After you received the documents, open up, fill in all 3 blue copies of the Return Commercial Invoice and 3 copies of the return Fedex Air Way Bill.

Step 8: After you have finished filling up all the documents, check through thoroughly the documents and have the package ready which you have packed in your faulty processor / motherboard earlier to be send back to RMA.

Now, you may give Fedex Singapore a call. Give them the Intel's Account number located in the accompanied Air Way bill and which you have filled up and arrange for the courier guy to come pick up the documents and package.

Step 9: Once the courier has picked up the documents and package from you, they will sent it back to the Intel Semiconductor Factory located in Penang, Malaysia. Will take about 1 - 2 days to get there. where possible, call them and pick up B4 5.30pm on the same day you received the documents, so they be able to rush for the 11pm flight out of Singapore.

When those pple at the factory received your faulty item, they will send you an E-Mail confirming their receipt. Wait one or two days while they do some stupid confirmation check on your faulty item, then they will send you an E-mail again to confirm that they will send you a replacement item.

It will take another 3 days after you received their confirmation E-mail which they say will send you a replacement item, then only will you once again receive a call from Fedex Singapore that you have a parcel and our guys will be coming down to give it to you.
    Last edited by lennardseah; May 31st, 10 at 04:24 PM.

As of 24th May 2010, this is still accurate (tried it myself).

I was not asked to produce a receipt or say which shop I brought it from. You must have a rough date of when you brought it though.

Also, the black cap protecting the back of the processor must be there when shipping it back.
    Last edited by lennardseah; May 24th, 10 at 02:55 PM.

Real World Overclocking! MacClipper's Avatar
    Well done, finally!
    'He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose' - Jim Elliot

Click on the pic to download a free pdf sample of the bestselling book!
    Science the new God - till now, Science has not been able to determine precisely even the size of the universe.
    By what yardstick then does Science hope to use in measuring the Creator of the universe? Think again.

★ Asrock-Asus | FX-9590 | Corsair Vgn Pro | NiCu HK 3.0-GTX360 | Vapor-X 280X | Corsair RM1000 ★

My 24/7 Real World Overclocking! Blog

Quote Originally Posted by lennardseah View Post
    As of 24th May 2010, this is still accurate (tried it myself).

I was not asked to produce a receipt or say which shop I brought it from. You must have a rough date of when you brought it though.

Also, the black cap protecting the back of the processor must be there when shipping it back.
    black cap?
    sry i dun quite get it..which black cap u referring to?
    izzit the pnp cap for the socket dat comes with the mobo?
    i dun recall any black cap dat came with my i7 930..
    siao liao..

Quote Originally Posted by tEr0n82 View Post
    black cap?
    sry i dun quite get it..which black cap u referring to?
    izzit the pnp cap for the socket dat comes with the mobo?
    i dun recall any black cap dat came with my i7 930..
    siao liao..

During the RMA process when talking to the TSO:

NEVER EVER EVER EVER mention
    - overclock before
    - use 3rd party hsf
    - use 3rd party thermal paste

To cut down the smalltalk/troubleshooting steps hes obliged to go through, just say you tested the chip on other motherboards and it doesn't work as well.

But the back cap protecting the cpu no more comes with the cpu already for certain (Current)model. Guess this one need to clarify with the CSO when making RMA request

my CPU is arriving tomorrow. Sent on Monday, arrived on Tuesday, left on Wednesday, and in my hands by Thursday!

Does this procedure include intel ssd, mobo, nic?

Quote Originally Posted by kegler View Post
    Does this procedure include intel ssd, mobo, nic?
    no.

eh, just to check whether possible to change a cpu while still can use?
    because i brought one cpu secondhand and has overclocked. And not more warranty period left..

Quote Originally Posted by winterrealm View Post
    eh, just to check whether possible to change a cpu while still can use?
    because i brought one cpu secondhand and has overclocked. And not more warranty period left..
    If it's not spoilt. Why do you need to RMA it?

Quote Originally Posted by mirAcles View Post
    If it's not spoilt. Why do you need to RMA it?
    because the chip might be abuse badly, and since warranty is still valid for a period might as well did a rma if possible. =X

Thanks it has been helpful!!
    Still the same process till 23 dec 2010

Quote Originally Posted by winterrealm View Post
    because the chip might be abuse badly, and since warranty is still valid for a period might as well did a rma if possible. =X
    u need a reason to claim warranty, n it cant be because its overclocked bfr

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast