About the Asus Vivobook S550CM-CJ115H

hi there,

I am confused over this Vivobook which is a laptop given to me by M1 as part of their fibre+mobile sign up during the IT Show 2013.

The model is S550CM-CJ115H.

As most of the online review speaks of a 24gb SSD cache option, I would like to confirm if this is present in the specs.

last but not least, if the SSD Cache is not present and I am thinking of adding a 2nd hdd in the form of an SSD by swapping out the Matshita DVD-RAM drive with a caddy, does it mean I have to unscrew several screws around the rear chassis just to uncover the DVD Drive?

I actually did a ram upgrade through the spare SO-DIMM Slot. I do note there is a separate ram chip half-hidden in the slot covered by the chassis. Can this ram in the original slot be removed and then upgraded?
    i5-2500k & CM Hyper 212+ | Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 | 4 x 4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600CL9 | MSI GTX560 Ti HAWK | Enermax NAXN 750W | Plextor M5Pro 256gb | 6xHDD | Corsair Carbide 400R

M1 Fibre | DNS-323 w Transmission & 2 x 1TB Seagate | M$ Win 10 Pro

Official ASUS Singapore Rep ASUS_SG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Chen View Post
    hi there,

I am confused over this Vivobook which is a laptop given to me by M1 as part of their fibre+mobile sign up during the IT Show 2013.

The model is S550CM-CJ115H.

As most of the online review speaks of a 24gb SSD cache option, I would like to confirm if this is present in the specs.

last but not least, if the SSD Cache is not present and I am thinking of adding a 2nd hdd in the form of an SSD by swapping out the Matshita DVD-RAM drive with a caddy, does it mean I have to unscrew several screws around the rear chassis just to uncover the DVD Drive?

I actually did a ram upgrade through the spare SO-DIMM Slot. I do note there is a separate ram chip half-hidden in the slot covered by the chassis. Can this ram in the original slot be removed and then upgraded?
    Dear Jack_Chen,

Kindly drop us an email: [email protected]