Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    i don't dispute accusound is being sold widespread in australia, making it an "official" brand.

however, the reason y i put accusound in the list is because there have been some reports of people spending up to 5k on them when obviously their not worth that much and the speaker sets have been sold out of the white vans, particularly the infamous omega series.
    Last edited by gabond; Dec 29th, 07 at 04:52 PM.
    poisons in order of preference: hifi, dslr, watches & timbuk2 bags

Newbie of Past & Present yantronic's Avatar
    There appears to be a resurgence. A quick scout at AMK Cash Converters led to the discovery of this pile of WVs:

Definitely, they are making a comeback. Not just that, more are falling for it.
    The opinions expressed above do not represent those of VR-Zone (VR Media PTE LTD Singapore) or any of their affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by yantronic View Post
    There appears to be a resurgence. A quick scout at AMK Cash Converters led to the discovery of this pile of WVs:

Definitely, they are making a comeback. Not just that, more are falling for it.
    throw in a 2nd hand AV amp and subwoofer...cash converters profit from every item!

i was once in my car waiting for my sister when a guy driving a white van approaches me. they told me got a set of speakers and wanting to give it to me. lucky didnt want it, common sense kicked in and said no. no free lunch in this world

lol..didn't noe my bro bought from them last time...he bought the orix 5.1 for $50...now he renting his house....ask me wan anot...haha
    Console gaming: PS3 40gb + 2407wfp-hc + Z-5500 / Crossroad edge amp + Alessandro Ms1000 Mogami copper

Cpu:C2Duo E8400 M Board:Gigabyte G31M-ES2LGraphic:XpertVision 8800GT 1GBMemory:2x1gb Corsair VR 667mhz Storage:WesternDigital 250gb/Seagate 250gb SATAAudio: onboardPsu:SuperFlower 500W ModularDisplay:DELL 2407WFP-HCDrive:LG H62NCasing:Lian Li V350Speaker:Logitech Z-5500Keyboard:Logitech IlluminatedMouse:Razer DeathAdderMousepad:Razer ExactMatOS: Win 7 home

I read HWZ's forums and actually this happend for quite some yrs back le...

$50 bucks is cheap man for 5.1
    Red-volution Mk I- 9650 Phenom|Xigmatek Red Scorpion|MSI DKA790GX Platinum|4 x 1 GB Adata| Palit HD4870 1gb|WD Cavier Black 1TB + Samsung Spinpoint F1 750gb + 320gb Maxtor SATA II|Andyson F650|Lancool K7 Metal Bone|X-Sword 2496->ATH M50 & AE A5|Oppo 980HD| Eizo HD2441

Updates -
    Mingda amps|Custom Audiophile cables|An Audioholic Abroad part 1

Current MO -
    Full Aluminium Mini ITX Chassis

Contact me via -
    Msn ID- [email protected]
    Pingchat ID -Theaudiohub
    Join the audiohub facebook fan page

Quote Originally Posted by SoloWingPixy View Post
    I read HWZ's forums and actually this happend for quite some yrs back le...
    this thing has been going ard for many many yrs.....

last time was 2.0...this brand and model called linear phase 8810. i was in primary or secondary school back then iirc. haha yes over a decade ago

Linear Phase 8810 specifications
    12” Sub
    4” Mid
    2 ½” Tweeter
    There are two potentiometers: one that controls the amount of power going to the sub when sounds are below a certain frequency; and another that controls the power going to the tweeter when sounds are above a certain frequency. These help to adjust sound and adapt the speaker to many environments and ears.

my uncle got the speakers back then when a huge box fell off a lorry words cannot comment how like a senseless beat machine the sound quality was. muffled highs...hollow bass...

the white van speaker makers have now "upgraded" to surround sound and the unwitting sales still keep on going
    Last edited by gabond; Jan 3rd, 08 at 10:59 AM.

They're not horrid, just that you have heard better. I'm sure senseless beat machines will still sound like senseless beat machines through these.
    The opinions expressed above do not represent those of VR-Zone (VR Media PTE LTD Singapore) or any of their affiliates.

Quote Originally Posted by yantronic View Post
    They're not horrid, just that you have heard better. I'm sure senseless beat machines will still sound like senseless beat machines through these.
    lol comments amended accordingly to quote yan

Quote Originally Posted by gabond View Post
    lol comments amended accordingly to quote yan
    OMFG.

list updated.

now these companies seem to have an additional service. HT setup in exchange for some $180 kopi money.

some guys over at hwz managed to get the company details from ACRA.

the director seems to be staying at a nice private residential property.

Quote Originally Posted by gabond View Post
    some guys over at hwz managed to get the company details from ACRA.

the director seems to be staying at a nice private residential property.
    I was checking a Taiwanese magazine that does serious items (think Gryphon and Venture) and they do review some of these "white van" speakers too. The review wasn't too positive but it goes to show how much the olden days mockups have "improved."

Well, some look like Enzer systems to me too. Enzer, the very Enzer distributing B&W.

haha i have something interesting to share with everyone.

2weeks back while i was coming back home from camp, at the carpark just below my block, a white van was slowly cruising around it. one of the guys in the van saw me.
    "eh brother! reservist ah!" (i admit i look like reservist. unbuttoned number 4 and all)
    "no la, NSF" i said
    "eh! want buy hifi or not? US make. very good."
    "NSF pay no money la." and i smiled and walked away.

den last week...
    i saw them again! same place! same carpark under my place!
    but this time.. they were in a car.
    "eh broth....." den he cock an eye as if he's trying to recognise me.
    "yah u asked me before last week. haha. good luck" and i went home.

haha
    rig
    x4 925 phenomII | msi 970a-g45 | nh-c12p-se14 | neohe 550W | kvr ddr3 8gb | gtx460 | audigy 4 | l 3500 | centurion 5 | dru-810a | bx2231 |

hifi
    marantz cd5001 | pcm2706 - 3xtda1543 - lm4562 buffered | nad 325bee integrated amplifier | wharfedale diamond 9.1

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast