Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy1 View Post
    Maybe a SurfacePro?! IF it will MediaCenter19 and External HDD?
    Surface Pro is quite a good choice as well, but the battery life is going to be a bit shorter, than the MBA
    It is better to remain silent and be taken as a fool, than to speak and prove your ignorance beyond doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
    Surface Pro is quite a good choice as well, but the battery life is going to be a bit shorter, than the MBA
    Will the Surface Pro connect to an External Portable HDD via USB?

It's a laptop in a tablet form factor, the answer is yes.
    It is better to remain silent and be taken as a fool, than to speak and prove your ignorance beyond doubt.

going tomorrow!
    Like Audio-Gizmo on Facebook

Portable Desktop Rig ( New Audio Technica Tube Amp)

Going on Saturday too. The amps on sale?
    礼义廉耻,国之四维。四维不张,国乃灭亡。

菩萨畏因,众生畏果

Quote Originally Posted by fergsu View Post
    Going on Saturday too. The amps on sale?
    Hi Ferfsu THANKS for your Interest.

The H-22Tube is a NEW Release in Japan (Nov 2013). There is very little information/No Reviews about this New Amp the last time I checked.

I loaded the 1TB HDD of a quad-core 2013 mac mini with DSD/DSX and Media Center 19. Connected an iDSD Nano with pure silver 18awg UPOCC USB Cables (Power and Data Cables are shielded). Connected the HA-22Tube Amp with a pair of Pure Silver UPOCC 18AWG RCA Cables (Double Sleeved/Shielded). Also have the Furutech Power Conditioner. Please audition with your favorite IEM and FullCan, as well.

If you wish to choose a particular genre/song, please ask assistance from any of the Audio Technica Staff. If want the HA-22Tube, look for Cassandra.

Please post here your impressions. THANKS!
    Last edited by Siggy1; Mar 3rd, 14 at 09:21 AM.

My Portable Rig at IT Show MBS (New HA-22Tube Amplifier)

Managed to go down today instead.

Cassandra? Bo see Cassandra leh. Joking. Managed to speak to a nice gentleman though. Interesting setup u have there.

Though I must say the environment not too conducive for auditioning. Too much vibration.

Might go down again on Sunday, test with my IM02.

Cheers.
    礼义廉耻,国之四维。四维不张,国乃灭亡。

菩萨畏因,众生畏果

Managed to go down today instead.

Cassandra? Bo see Cassandra leh. Joking. Managed to speak to a nice gentleman though. Interesting setup u have there.

Though I must say the environment not too conducive for auditioning. Too much vibration.

Might go down again on Sunday, test with my IM02.

Cheers.
    You might have to audition early or end of day, when there will be the least crowd. With IEM's do it any time. ENJOY!

Last Day for the 2014 IT Show at MBS. Don't miss the chance to audition Audio Technica's NEW HA-22Tube Amp released in Japan November 2013.

Can't wait to get my Portable Desktop Rig back by 9pm. All set to install a second HDD for a total about 2.5TB of DSD/DXD.

Got my Rig back last night. And unfortunately the HA-22TUBE Amp was pulled-out. Didn't ask why. Apologies if some of you went and did not have the chance to Audition.

Anyway, the Audio Technica HA-22Tube does a decent job especially when paired with a nice DAC and excellent source, and pure silver interconnects. What I like most about this tube amp is the small footprint, rigid construction, and the option to drive both IEM and Full Cans. Never audition with the IEM's but will attest that the TubeAmp pairs well with the W3000ANV and ESW10JPN.

Unfortunately, this amp does not pair well with the Audeze LCD-XC. Anyway, it's the RSA Intruder and an iDSD Nano that will be on this Portable Desktop.

I'd like to thank Audio Technica SEA for loaning-out the HA-22Tube Amplifier a few days. The listening experience was truly delightful especially with the W3000ANV and ESW10JPN for a below $500 Tube Amp. Yeah, you can get two of these for the price of an RSA Intruder. Yeah, it's priced within the reach of Many.
    Last edited by Siggy1; Mar 3rd, 14 at 10:05 AM.

My Desktop Portable at the 2014 IT Show (New HA-22Tube Amplifier)

Thanks for the demo.
    礼义廉耻,国之四维。四维不张,国乃灭亡。

菩萨畏因,众生畏果

Thanks for the demo.
    Thanks, as well. I'm getting an HA22Tube. PM contact if you want one.
    Last edited by Siggy1; Mar 5th, 14 at 02:18 PM.

Portable Desktop as a dedicated "Nano" Desktop Hi-Fi System.

Still trying out the iFi iDSD Nano. And it seems that iDSD works nicely when paired with the Audirvana Plus @ DSF 1bit/5.6MHz (DSD 128) Stereo DAC: DSD 128 Stereo. System is with a pair of 22awg Multi-strand Pure Silver RCA, and 18awg Single Core Silver USB Cables, and a Custom Conditioner with Mundorf Caps in Furutech Aluminum Enclosures, with NOS Hospital Grade Outlet. This Mac Mini is on an Intel 530 Series SSD, Music Files are via Seagate External HHD. Monitors are a pair of Adam Audio A7X.

Greatly Appreciate if you can please comment (for those who have done it) if a TERADAK DC-280W or any other external Linear Power Supply for the Mac Mini will be significantly Beneficial. I would like to listen to fellow Audiophile rather than paid commenters at Head-Fi before I commit resources towards the conversion. Likewise, I admit that it is tough for me to imagine how more can the SQ be more pleasing -- it is the honest reason why I have not pulled the trigger in purchasing the Teradak, yesterday. Thanks!
    Last edited by Siggy1; Mar 7th, 14 at 11:33 AM.

siggy bro

u need a big speaker

Like Audio-Gizmo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by alamakazam View Post
    siggy bro

u need a big speaker

I'll definitely be the Favorite of all my Neighbors with this.

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast