Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Angry WHAT IN THE WORLD IS WRONG WITH JABEN

I've had too many bloody bad experiences with this god forsaken place.

I recently got a friend to send in my 1 year old .22 amp because of a jack problem. I was not too free to go to the shop and I was already irritated with their extremely poor customer service. I told him if I'm required to pay, I would rather throw the amp away. He said ok and went on to pass it to them. After a day or so, they called him and told him that jack problems are not covered under warranty because it is caused by wear and tear and he had to pay $80. I said no. 80 bucks for a freaking jack is just not acceptable. He called them back only to be told that they had already sent the amp back to the manufacturer.

I mean I'm not usually fussy with this kind of things but what in the world is this? What kind of customer service? NO company sends their customer's items for repair without consulting the customer if they are willing to pay for the repairs!

Continuing on, an extremely long 3 weeks later, my friend was not free to collect it from them and so he got his friend to pick it up for him. I told him to tell his friend not to pay no matter what. For some reason, his friend just gave in and paid the $80. I said nevermind, I will swallow it even though I was already fuming mad. When he passed the amp back to me, I only found out that they did not return the charger at all. More bad new ahead. Before I sent it back in, I dropped a small drop of thread lock onto one of the screws. When it came back, the thread lock was still in place and THEY DID NOT EVEN TAKE THE EFFORT TO OPEN THE AMPLIFIER. And of course, the jack problem was still there. At this point of time I was on the verge of swearing profusely.

I got him to send it back in. A bloody month later there's still no word on it.

I want to see what stupid excuse they have this time. This kind of service is just intolerable. One of a kind.

I'm already on the verge of going to CASE.

And didn't they always allow top ups for the next level like for this case the .25?
    They just said no.

sorry to hear about your problem dude; all of my visits to jaben was more than satisfactory. why don't you talk to the uncle(s)-in-charge? they're both extremely reasonable and understanding- one of the many reasons why the store flourished in the first place. good luck!

Newbie of Past & Present yantronic's Avatar
    Not good to hear...
    The opinions expressed above do not represent those of VR-Zone (VR Media PTE LTD Singapore) or any of their affiliates.

Well, IMO apart from able bring in earphones u read on head-fi , auditioning for high end gears and their friendly give aways. I think jaben's pricing for some of their products is pretty high among the other resellers and their RMA service is seriously very bad.. from past experiences, it takes a minimum of 1 month and 2-3 months on average to get your rma products back... so if you're looking for a good rma service from retailers.. you know what to do..

Well this thread is rather hyped on the green camp, lol i guess most forumers here are not really the audio enthusiast D: Maybe you can try treoo for their pricing, i believe it is the cheapest store for their variety of audio products.

if any problems with treoo just tell me.
    I will do direct feedback and if it's unreasonable on their side, will help bang table.

=)
    Red-volution Mk I- 9650 Phenom|Xigmatek Red Scorpion|MSI DKA790GX Platinum|4 x 1 GB Adata| Palit HD4870 1gb|WD Cavier Black 1TB + Samsung Spinpoint F1 750gb + 320gb Maxtor SATA II|Andyson F650|Lancool K7 Metal Bone|X-Sword 2496->ATH M50 & AE A5|Oppo 980HD| Eizo HD2441

Updates -
    Mingda amps|Custom Audiophile cables|An Audioholic Abroad part 1

Current MO -
    Full Aluminium Mini ITX Chassis

Contact me via -
    Msn ID- [email protected]
    Pingchat ID -Theaudiohub
    Join the audiohub facebook fan page

Why didn't you go down personally?

It seems there may have been miscommunication, given the back-and-forth is between a couple of hands.

Rather complicated way of dealing with a simple product RMA.

I'd say service in Singapore is a bonus, not a given. Actually, I expect bad service in most places. Good outcomes are a bonus, especially when it comes to warranty. The retail scene is rather sleepy here. Hong Kong turned 180 degrees towards the end of the 90s. Singapore, in the meantime, is still stuck in a 80s/90s time warp.

But your experience may differ.

Quote Originally Posted by piezog View Post
    Why didn't you go down personally?

It seems there may have been miscommunication, given the back-and-forth is between a couple of hands.

Rather complicated way of dealing with a simple product RMA.

I'd say service in Singapore is a bonus, not a given. Actually, I expect bad service in most places. Good outcomes are a bonus, especially when it comes to warranty. The retail scene is rather sleepy here. Hong Kong turned 180 degrees towards the end of the 90s. Singapore, in the meantime, is still stuck in a 80s/90s time warp.

But your experience may differ.
    i agree its 'the norm' now to have to deal with bad service but is it to be expected or acceptable especially for a audio shop? i am truly disappointed with jaben after hearing this account.

The issue above is not about the $80 or even the service, but it is clearly misrepresentation when they collect money for a service they did not provide. It is downright cheating. 1st of all, TS should ask for his money back.

I will take this with a pinch of salt. Signing up just to make a complaint can be interpreted in a number of ways. Sometimes, it's to exert pressure on the business. Many times, these accounts are written in an emotional moment.

I am surprised the owner apparently didn't speak personally with Jaben staff. It also doesn't make sense that the friend paid money when expressly told not to. The friend also didn't check for the charger when taking the item back (though these peripherals are usually not accepted when sent in for repair).

Like he said, he should have thrown the amp away.

To be honest, this account is somewhat confusing. Why is the communication with Jaben always through a third party?
    Last edited by piezog; Aug 4th, 10 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by piezog View Post
    I will take this with a pinch of salt. Signing up just to make a complaint can be interpreted in a number of ways. Sometimes, it's to exert pressure on the business. Many times, these accounts are written in an emotional moment.

I am surprised the owner apparently didn't speak personally with Jaben staff. It also doesn't make sense that the friend paid money when expressly told not to. The friend also didn't check for the charger when taking the item back (though these peripherals are usually not accepted when sent in for repair).

Like he said, he should have thrown the amp away.

To be honest, this account is somewhat confusing. Why is the communication with Jaben always through a third party?
    If the amp was indeed repaired but yet display the same problem, then TS's post above can count as slander. However, I doubt so.. unless it is truly a false statement, TS actually seem to me as very patient already as the amp has been faulty for 2 months now. (3 weeks for 1st repair and 1 month for 2nd repair).

I know what you are saying about the problem about communications and I'm sure TS could have handled it better, but that is really not the crux of the matter.

The "house" brands are definitely built quite differently from the rest of the stuff they carry.
    The opinions expressed above do not represent those of VR-Zone (VR Media PTE LTD Singapore) or any of their affiliates.

Good luck

What's with the good luck?
    Foobar/Jetaudio -> Styleaudio Peridot -> Yamaha MSP 5 / Denon AH-D2000
    IBasso DX50 -> Graham Slee Voyager -> UE TF10Pro / Re-shelled UE SF5Pro
    Ipod Nano 6th Gen -> Klipsch X10

I have heard first hand, a few people relate to this exp. Ordering JH stuff and it takes more than 6 weeks, repairs of a amp taking more than 4 weeks.

There is no smoke without fire, but this isn't the first time as oppose to stereo which is very consistent with their service.
    Red-volution Mk I- 9650 Phenom|Xigmatek Red Scorpion|MSI DKA790GX Platinum|4 x 1 GB Adata| Palit HD4870 1gb|WD Cavier Black 1TB + Samsung Spinpoint F1 750gb + 320gb Maxtor SATA II|Andyson F650|Lancool K7 Metal Bone|X-Sword 2496->ATH M50 & AE A5|Oppo 980HD| Eizo HD2441

Updates -
    Mingda amps|Custom Audiophile cables|An Audioholic Abroad part 1

Current MO -
    Full Aluminium Mini ITX Chassis

Contact me via -
    Msn ID- [email protected]
    Pingchat ID -Theaudiohub
    Join the audiohub facebook fan page

I feel I have already made it very clear tohim that I will not pay and yet his friend, supposedly a temp staff at Jaben just paid the $80.

I've only been reading the forums but never actually registered an account and posted but this time it has been really bugging me and I feel people should know about this atrocity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooapy View Post
    I've only been reading the forums but never actually registered an account
    Now this deserves a beating.

Welcome, just the same.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast