Memtest errors on Z77 Extreme 4-M

Systems specs as follows:
    1. Z77 Extreme 4-M
    2. Ivy bridge i3-3225
    3. 4 x 4GB Gskill DDR3 RAM ([email protected] MHz )
    4. Corsair Neutron 128GB
    5. Corsair 430W CX series
    6. Coolermaster N200
    7. Window 7 Pro SP1 (64 bit)

System was assembled less than 2 months ago, and it has no optical drive, no graphics card, no standard spinnin HDD. Used for entertainment and video rendering purposes only.

Ports use are: VGA, 2 x USB2.0 rear, 1 x USB3.0 rear

Issue: System crashes when surfing net or doing any form of multitasking. But if PC is on idle, its OK.

1st troubleshooting step: I tried running Prime95 to load the CPU @ 100% to generate max heat, it doesn't crash. So I assume CPU and power delivery from PSU is fine. Summary: CPU loading OK, PSU OK.

2nd troubleshooting step: Memtest85(UEFI version 5) ran to test all the 4 sticks on all 4 occupied DIMM slots, showed 20 errors on single test pass. Took out the RAM, and I tested 1 RAM stick at a time, no errors reported.I have also tested 1 good RAM stick on each slot individually, no errors were reported. Summary: each RAM sticks OK, each DIMM slot OK.

So to do a fast conclusion, I 'cautiously suspect' that when all 4 DIMM slots are loaded, my system will encounter issues for some unknown reason. Any other test before I bring the mobo to Asview? Fellow forum members are encouraged to drop in your views.

Real World Overclocking! MacClipper's Avatar
    Took out the RAM, and I tested 1 RAM stick at a time, no errors reported.I have also tested 1 good RAM stick on each slot individually, no errors were reported. Summary: each RAM sticks OK, each DIMM slot OK.

So to do a fast conclusion, I 'cautiously suspect' that when all 4 DIMM slots are loaded, my system will encounter issues for some unknown reason.
    Looks like insufficient voltage to the IMC, try increasing VTT.
    'He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose' - Jim Elliot

Click on the pic to download a free pdf sample of the bestselling book!
    Science the new God - till now, Science has not been able to determine precisely even the size of the universe.
    By what yardstick then does Science hope to use in measuring the Creator of the universe? Think again.

★ Asrock-Asus | FX-9590 | Corsair Vgn Pro | NiCu HK 3.0-GTX360 | Vapor-X 280X | Corsair RM1000 ★

My 24/7 Real World Overclocking! Blog

Quote Originally Posted by MacClipper View Post
    Looks like insufficient voltage to the IMC, try increasing VTT.
    Thanks alot, I wanted to bump up the voltage to "stabilize" the system but needed someone to confirm it. I will give it a try tonight. Can quote a rule of thumb percentage increase??

I prefer to leave things in stock settings (Auto)This system belongs to wifey, so as little tweaking as possible. But I might be leaning towards an mobo RMA these few days.

Real World Overclocking! MacClipper's Avatar
    Perhaps try VTT 1.20V and tweak from there.

Things are actually a little more complicated than just VTT esp. if you are not running a properly matched (ie. quad channel) RAM kit, more things can go wrong and manufacturers may not offer any support/wty for mismatched RAM too.
    'He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose' - Jim Elliot

Click on the pic to download a free pdf sample of the bestselling book!
    Science the new God - till now, Science has not been able to determine precisely even the size of the universe.
    By what yardstick then does Science hope to use in measuring the Creator of the universe? Think again.

★ Asrock-Asus | FX-9590 | Corsair Vgn Pro | NiCu HK 3.0-GTX360 | Vapor-X 280X | Corsair RM1000 ★

My 24/7 Real World Overclocking! Blog