Problem with RT-AC66U

Hi,

I bought the RT-AC66U few months ago.

It's basically a crap device. I have problems right after I set it up, I didn't have time to deal with the support until today. So I ended to use my 5 years old D-Link router.

I am a pretty tech savvy. So first thing to do is when there is a problem is to make sure that I got the latest firmware.

Now, there are 2 problems. First, it can't get connected to the Wifi. I tried iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, Macbook Pro retina, iPad, Nexus4, Samsung S4. Finally I figured out that somehow if it's password protected WEP, WPA, etc, it caused all the devices can't connect to router. So I ended up not having a protected password for my router. Last time I did this was 10 years ago.

Problem 2, since it's connected now, I need to restart it once every hour otherwise it just not connected to internet.

So basically this newest ASUS router is just NOT working at all. I don't have the recipe nor the box anymore. But you can tell that this is a new ASUS.

Can I request RMA, so you could just send me a new replacement. Please, don't fix this and return it back to me. It really messed with my life while working, and even when i'm relaxing. There are reasons I bought hundreds of dollar router, while there are $30 router out there in the market.

regards
    Sticko

maybe u should provide more details like:

1. ISP
    2. type of connection (DSL/Fiber)
    3. what changes have u made (in d router) so far

if your router is purchased LOCALLY u can always bring it down to the service center aka Avertek @ Kallang. they are contactable @

Avertek Enterprises Pte Ltd

95 Kallang Avenue #03-00
    AIS Industrial Building
    Singapore 339420
    Tel: (65) 6341 7839 Fax: (65) 63417739

Operating Hours
    9.30am - 6.00 pm ( Mondays – Friday)
    Closed on Saturday, Sundays and Public Holidays

"All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

I live in overseas now. Can you issue the RMA, then I just mail the defective unit to you. Then you can mail me back the replacement to my Singapore address?

Hi,

Can I get the reply from my last post?

thanks

asus laptops have internation warranty, not sure about their routers, maybe can try luck at your local distro?
    Asus Maximus VII Gene | i7-4790K | Kingston HyperX X1 1600mhz 4*4GB| Razer Vespula Mass Effect 3 + Black Edition Death Adder| Unicomp KB | Red Cherry MX Board | Samsung 840 PRO SSD 512gb + 2TB WD RE4 | Asus GTX680 4GB | FiiO A1 + Klipsch B-2 | Dell U2713HM + U2312HM | Lianli A04 | Win7 HP 64bit

Samsung Galaxy Note II | HTC 7 Pro | Nikon D700 | Nikkor 24-70mm, 70-200mm VRII & 60mm F2.8 | Sigma 35mm F1.4 | SB900

>>> www.BiteMyEars.com <<<

Nope, it's not international warranty.

I think it's pretty straight forward, the service center issue RMA#, I send the unit back to them with RMA#. They replaced it, then send it back to me.

It's about more about willingness and service quality

Official ASUS Singapore Rep ASUS_SG's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sticko View Post
    Nope, it's not international warranty.

I think it's pretty straight forward, the service center issue RMA#, I send the unit back to them with RMA#. They replaced it, then send it back to me.

It's about more about willingness and service quality
    Is the router issue resolve?

It's not.

It's broken and I need replacement. Note that I only used it for a week.
    I need the service center to issue me the RMA so that I can ship the broken router to them.

Wow...it took almost 3 weeks for this.

So, what should I do now?