Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Well frankly you won't really need a AP with such a small case... (AP is meant to direct air, but given how small the case is...)
    It is better to remain silent and be taken as a fool, than to speak and prove your ignorance beyond doubt.

sexcited!

msi b75 ITX i5 3330, leadtek 650ti boost 2gb, gskill 2*4gb 1600,strontium HAWK 120GB,WD scorpio 2.5 BLACK 500gb 7.2 krpm,LG 22x DVDRW,Lianli pc-q08,FSP hexa 400w

People nowadays wants small and powerful stuffs,they tend to forgot size has its limits.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniyo View Post
    sexcited!
    Previous owner of my SG05. Now cleaning it up.
    ~

Macbook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

previous rig "mITX LITTLE LEOPARD" **status: RETIRED** >Click for Project LOG<

~

Quote Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
    Well frankly you won't really need a AP with such a small case... (AP is meant to direct air, but given how small the case is...)
    True, but at 18 bucks, it's almost half the SRP.
    ~

~

Ka-Ching!

i3-2100 - $155
    Crucial m4 64GB - $165

Tradepac, Lvl 5, SLS.
    ~

~

See you on Sunday~
    ~

~

Good choice of SSD Did you go with the H67 or H61 in the end?
    Workstation | Asrock Z370 ITX • i5-8400 • 32GB • 3TB SSD • RX560 • P2715Q 4K •  macOS
    Server | Supermicro Xeon D-1541 ITX • 128GB ECC • 1TB SSD • 60TB HDD • ESXi

I went with Zotac's H67 B3 rev. Zotac's H61 didnt have SATAIII. Other H67 boards (non-Zotac), while tempting and much cheaper, didn't have the full functionality of Zotac's
    ~

~

Chapter 1, Research and planning, added!

Look out for Sourcing for parts soon.
    Last edited by Lost_gool; Oct 28th, 11 at 08:44 PM.
    ~

~

Now looking to buy a particular low profile CPU cooler. But bros, if you have any other LPs you want to sell, please PM me. Thanks.
    ~

~

Advice Needed!

Bros, I need some advice regarding this:

Notice the motherboard mounts on this case. I'm afraid of the motherboard warping over time in the middle due to CPU/HSF weight; because as far as I can see, there is no mount or support in the middle.

Would that really be a problem? And is anything I can put in place to provide that backing - say a backplate to buy? Or something more DIY - e.g. foam?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    ~

~

The Default Intel HSF is not heavy enough to warp your mobo

But if u really afraid, use Folded ESD Bag, as forms & other stuff has static.
    Not good for components
    ReporterSG's OC Rig IceBlue CM 690 @ CM690 Club

The really tightly mounted HSFs can exert enough pressure to cause some mobo warping, and it's especially noticeable in the ITX form factor, but it's not anything to be super worried about - usually not enough to cause contact with the mobo tray.

Quote Originally Posted by ReporterSG View Post
    But if u really afraid, use Folded ESD Bag, as forms & other stuff has static.
    Not good for components
    Actually, this can be a really bad idea - the point of ESD bags is to be somewhat conductive, so placing a powered up board (or even an unpowered one with charged capacitors) on an ESD bag can short out components. Newer bags are designed to prevent this while still dissipating static, but I wouldn't take the risk - I've seen microcontroller boards irreparably fried this way.
    Workstation | Asrock Z370 ITX • i5-8400 • 32GB • 3TB SSD • RX560 • P2715Q 4K •  macOS
    Server | Supermicro Xeon D-1541 ITX • 128GB ECC • 1TB SSD • 60TB HDD • ESXi

It shouldn't be a worry. If your cooler comes with a back plate the backplate usually is nonelectrically attached to the socket backplate, which means that the cooler backplate will hit the case first, if it does hit the case.
    It is better to remain silent and be taken as a fool, than to speak and prove your ignorance beyond doubt.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast