Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    My story of why I'm ditching the 810
    Easily fallible paintjob, yellowed plastic, snapped door latches, carbonized rubber grommets, yellowing metal paint inside (no idea how)
    Heavy but still slightly flexing side panels

In other words, build quality is crap.

From the plastics to the chassis itself has gone yellow .... I'm afraid I won't be using the case anymore anytime soon since NZXT's factory has decided to argue with my distributor over the case's plastics. So a simple RMA request has turned into a 6-month war between NZXT and Hydra Distribution and lots of shock for deadpool as well. Poor man, I feel for him.

They are offering to replace my 810 with a Phanteks Enthoo Pro I'm taking up the offer

So now I'm back to my bench.

Meanwhile, I'm testing out the CM Storm Pitch. And 360 vs 140 size comparison :p

Will I ever buy any NZXT again? Not really no. Not with my experience with them.

I have got Blue mayhems dye from adeep91 btw! He is a person I definitely will buy from again.
    Last edited by DavenPaget; May 23rd, 14 at 01:42 AM.
    DaveLT on OCN

Fly Limpei Aeroplane: Radeon_Freak(829867xx)

Apologies for fingerprint marks and poor product shot.

Last edited by DavenPaget; May 24th, 14 at 05:48 PM.
    DaveLT on OCN

My writeup on the enthoo pro :
    Obviously, this is not an big chassis like the switch 810 and will not fit rads in the same places as the 810. But, the enthoo pro makes use of it's displaced size very well by allowing you to configure most of the case to what you like.

Most of the case can be dismantled for painting but there is some of it that are riveted, for reasons unknown. It should have been screwed in as well.
    It looks good, classy and simple. None of the busy looking designs like a HAF Stacker ()
    Radiator support : Obviously, it won't be so simple since a bottom 240 will slam right into your PSU if you use a 190mm long PSU like I do. Just that 20mm difference in depth makes it pretty much impossible for you to install a 240 rad.

Otherwise, you can always keep the bottom HDD cage if you want to use HDDs like I do and install the 240 without the optical bay on the middle 120mm fan slot, with the other 120 in the area where the optical bay used to be.

Of course, the key points I have to raise is that the Enthoo Pro is well-built and has a PSU cover along with a optical bay AND HDD bay cover which hides up most of what you wouldn't want to see.
    Cable management space at 27mm which admittedly isn't the most but there's a bulge in the bottom allowing for even more cable management in the very bottom which makes it far more brilliant than my 810 for cable management which doesn't have much
    The doors are hinged like the 810 but doesn't require 1000 pounds of force to pull it out of orbit and doesn't have silly plastic door latches that will break if you open the doors frequently (which I do)

The paint is glossy, which is a shame as that makes it VERY sensitive to fingerprint marks. It's a perfectly smooth finish though and the "brushed parts" are actually plastic! Great.

With only the bottom HDD you can hide the reservoir and pump if you so desire as well.
    Actually, the velcro straps for cable management are fantastic.

If I have three gripes with it (which I do) is that the built in fan controller is very weird you can't have it powered from the SATA plug unless you enjoy running fans at full blast which defeats the point of the fan controller. Also mine came broken so I never knew how it reacts to control.
    Another gripe is that I can't install a 45mm rad with a single row of fans easily, being that it has only 65mm clearance and it is not offset so it will hit my VRM heatsink and RAM clips on my EX58-UD5.
    Of course, the other one is that the built 200mm runs at 900rpm out of the box. It is indeed the very phanteks fan you can buy off the shelf so it's a good fan but it's quite loud and you cannot really have it spin lower than 600rpm easily if you're using voltage resistors. Normally I don't like 200mm fans because there aren't any good ones that I usually know of but I probably approve of this one if there's nothing in the way apart from the screen filter which is great, unfortunately HDD cages is in the way so no.

And also having taken out the PH-F200SP and put in the stock PH-F140XP cooling my R9 280X TurboDuo is a lot easier.

So now, main things I would like to see phanteks improve on, extending the top of the case by at least 10mm for more rad clearance and a rough paint coat would be nice. Glossy is nice to look at but not nice once you have your fingers on it

Nonetheless, it's going to cost 200$ here and fit and finish is fantastic. Only 200$ for a case this customizable is definitely a winner. Is it a perfect case? I don't think so. Is it a great modder's case? Yes!
    DaveLT on OCN

Does anyone reckon it's safe to transport a full loop acrylic rig to AMK?
    DaveLT on OCN

Moved everything into the enthoo pro on saturday.

That is one hell of a logo. Hmm ... time to buy a CM Storm logo!

Bleh. Focus fail.

The CM Jetflo 120

Top of the enthoo pro. Starting to see a resemblance to the 810 eh? The HDD activity light is hidden behind a tiny little hole.

Focus fail again.

The 200mm I will not use. It's good but ... I wouldn't use it for good reason.

I'll most likely keep the 24pin. It's weird pin arrangement makes it a PITA to sleeve and it already has a lot of slack in the cable so if I use a extension cable management will be a nightmare
    Last edited by DavenPaget; May 27th, 14 at 03:37 AM.
    DaveLT on OCN

I wish to share the PSU I'll be using for this build

CoolerMaster V1200 Platinum

For this first-to-be-completed rig of mine, I have decided to go full-out and buying a 1200W PSU even though I don't need 1200W and I could have bought a Seasonic X660 and I thought might as well give the V1200 Platinum a shot as I might want to upgrade for more GPUs in the future

Is it sensible? No. Buying a 1200W system for a rather basic rig like mine is not.
    But what did I buy it for? The looks of it even though it's under a PSU cover now in the phanteks.
    But to be honest, it's really well built and the branding is printed on the PSU, not printed on a sticker.
    And also, it's really quiet. A Seasonic X660 won't be this quiet, I value low noise and it shows by going for low speed Deltas that have high static pressure so I won't need push-pull and I can control them too.

Being based on the Seasonic XP3 platform it is definitely a good performer and coming in at 349$ from PC Themes it didn't break my wallet either.
    DaveLT on OCN

Nice psu!
    |Processor: Intel i7 3930K,|Mainboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme, |Memory: Corsair 8 x 4 GB DDR3 1600, |Graphics: 3 X Gigabyte 780TI Tri SLI, |Storage: Seagate 3TB Baracuda, 128GB ADATA PXG SX900, 2 X Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB |Audio: Aktimate Maxi, Matrix Mini I DAC, |Fan Controllers: Aquaero 6 Pro, Aquaero 5 Pro, Poweradjusts 2 Ultra, USBPower Supply: Seasonic X1250, |Casing: Caselabs STH10, |Monitor: Samsung S27A850D, |Keyboard & Mouse: Ducky Shine White, Razer Ouroboros, Cyborg RAT 7|System Fans: 8 X AP15 Gentle Typhoon, 7 X Enermax Magma|

Custom Watercooling Parts: Bitspower Summit Plexi, AQC Acrylic Glass 780TI X3, Koolance MB-ASR4E Rampage 4 Extreme Block, 2 X Bitspower Universal Nickel Clear Plexi 4DIMM, Swiftech MCP655 X 3, EK Multioption X2 250, 480 Monsta, 360 Monsta, 360 Phobya G Changer

Portable Audio Rig:
    Sony ZX2, Whiplash V3 IC, UM Miracles, Whiplash TWAG V2 Ecilpse

This case looks solid. A younger brother of the casing you saw at my place. Good choice though.
    For watercooling products
    Visit:www.xtremecooling-pc.com

Beware!!!
    Aeroplane Flyer: Radeon_Freak(829867xx)

Honestly I saw the bigger brother of the casing. Not too.impressed with the quality. Like dave commented, finger print magnet. The overall feel of the case.is.very plastic at touch. To pay 400 (rough estimation of the bigger bro), I would rather get a Caselabs.
    |Processor: Intel i7 3930K,|Mainboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme, |Memory: Corsair 8 x 4 GB DDR3 1600, |Graphics: 3 X Gigabyte 780TI Tri SLI, |Storage: Seagate 3TB Baracuda, 128GB ADATA PXG SX900, 2 X Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB |Audio: Aktimate Maxi, Matrix Mini I DAC, |Fan Controllers: Aquaero 6 Pro, Aquaero 5 Pro, Poweradjusts 2 Ultra, USBPower Supply: Seasonic X1250, |Casing: Caselabs STH10, |Monitor: Samsung S27A850D, |Keyboard & Mouse: Ducky Shine White, Razer Ouroboros, Cyborg RAT 7|System Fans: 8 X AP15 Gentle Typhoon, 7 X Enermax Magma|

Custom Watercooling Parts: Bitspower Summit Plexi, AQC Acrylic Glass 780TI X3, Koolance MB-ASR4E Rampage 4 Extreme Block, 2 X Bitspower Universal Nickel Clear Plexi 4DIMM, Swiftech MCP655 X 3, EK Multioption X2 250, 480 Monsta, 360 Monsta, 360 Phobya G Changer

Portable Audio Rig:

the case so ex? =X
    PROJECT FIRMAMENT
    An apple G5 Custom mod

http://forums.vr-zone.com/project-lo...7-updated.html

come in and comment!

Quote Originally Posted by adeep91 View Post
    This case looks solid. A younger brother of the casing you saw at my place. Good choice though.
    Yup!

Quote Originally Posted by kaiqi07 View Post
    Honestly I saw the bigger brother of the casing. Not too.impressed with the quality. Like dave commented, finger print magnet. The overall feel of the case.is.very plastic at touch. To pay 400 (rough estimation of the bigger bro), I would rather get a Caselabs.
    This one is 200. The bigger bro is now 399 and yes the bigger bro feels solid, I got up close and personal with the primo when I was adeep's house!
    Of course the top of the primo is plastic. But then again it offers 900D features in a bit more than 800D size Of course it isn't a caselabs.

Quote Originally Posted by zetken View Post
    the case so ex? =X
    This one? No. Cheaper than a 750D by 59$. Hydra is bringing it in at 200$
    Last edited by DavenPaget; May 27th, 14 at 12:08 PM.
    DaveLT on OCN

I saw the bigger brother before not impressed with it also. Not because I fan of Caselabs. But somehow 800D felt more premium to the whole outlook and quality. Sadly 800D is bad for aircool and for WC one need to do some mod to it as well. So far most versatile is Caselabs. Pretty much modular and customizable.

Portable Audio Rig:

Always Early, Never Fussy syaqattaq90's Avatar
    I saw the bigger brother before not impressed with it also. Not because I fan of Caselabs. But somehow 800D felt more premium to the whole outlook and quality. Sadly 800D is bad for aircool and for WC one need to do some mod to it as well. So far most versatile is Caselabs. Pretty much modular and customizable.
    900D best!
    Project O.R.A.N.G.E.
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-OC
    Processor : Intel 4670k w Swiftech Apogee HD
    Graphics Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9-290 Reference Card w Aquacomputer Kryographics Hawaii Radeon R9 290
    Memory: Samsung Green 2x4gb 1600mhz cl11
    Boot Drive: Crucial M500 960GB
    Storage Drive Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
    Spare Drive: Crucial M4 128GB
    Chassis: Corsair Obsidian 900D
    PSU: Seasonic X 760

Others: AOC I2757FH / Razer Mamba 2012 / Mionix Naos 7000 / Ducky Shine II Blue Switch White LED / Corepad XXXL / Grifiti Fat Wrist Pad 17 / LG G2 / Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 / Westone 3 / Audio Technica ATH-M50 / Creative Sound Blaster Tactic3D Fury

Last time I had a 800D It was pretty flimsy IMO. That said I wouldn't buy a cosmos 2 either.
    seng told me the other day you once had a 800d and it turned yellow after powdercoating :X
    Last edited by DavenPaget; May 27th, 14 at 02:07 PM.
    DaveLT on OCN

White color for sure will turn yellowish due to the lacquer. Its not powdercoated, its painted using 2K paint. I guess it was used for more than 2 years. 800D not flimsy at all, unless you are referring to the side panels which were a bit flimsy. Else the structure itself itself is pretty sturdy.

Anyway, cant wait to see your build up soon!! chop chop!

Portable Audio Rig:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast