Page 944 of 946 FirstFirst ... 444844894934942943944945946 LastLast
Results 14,146 to 14,160 of 14177
    DD,

Just got back from my Korea trip (and its her grad trip). Many ups and downs (mostly downs cause we had a bad driver and bad your guide - probably my last time getting a tour package with this company).

Also, can't believe its a year since i graduated. time really flies when you are working man! and it will be back to work soon!
    Way Of The Dragon: From a distance - 20 paddlers move in perfect rhythm to a muted drum beat, gracefully skimming the water's surface. Up close - determined grunts and strained sinews with oars in grip, dig vigorously into the water. The majestic head of the dragon fronts this contraption but the real heart lies just behind it, at the apex of the bow. Like a conductor of an orchestra, the drummer leads his crew with the calculated beat of his drum. Such is the realm of dragon boating.

Rig Overhaul! 20/06/2014:
    | Asrock B85M Pro 4 + Intel i5 4460 Haswell | Zotac GTX760 AMP! Edtn GDDR5 2GB | G.Skill RipJaws-X DDR3-1600 CL9 4GB x 2 | Toshiba 2TB SATA3 | Crucial MX100 128GB SATA3 | Western Digital 320GB SATA2 | LG SATA 20x DVDRW | FSP Aurum S Gold 600W | Lian Li PC007AIM |

DD,

saying goodbye to my family car..didnt get to take a nice final pict cause it just happened too suddenly (in fact i still thought it would have lasted till next monday but apparently there is quite a lot of paper work to be done for scrapping a car?)..oh well, gotta get used to the BMW (bus, MRT, walk) life from now on but im hoping to fulfill my lifelong dream of getting my dad a car!
    Way Of The Dragon: From a distance - 20 paddlers move in perfect rhythm to a muted drum beat, gracefully skimming the water's surface. Up close - determined grunts and strained sinews with oars in grip, dig vigorously into the water. The majestic head of the dragon fronts this contraption but the real heart lies just behind it, at the apex of the bow. Like a conductor of an orchestra, the drummer leads his crew with the calculated beat of his drum. Such is the realm of dragon boating.

| Asrock B85M Pro 4 + Intel i5 4460 Haswell | Zotac GTX760 AMP! Edtn GDDR5 2GB | G.Skill RipJaws-X DDR3-1600 CL9 4GB x 2 | Toshiba 2TB SATA3 | Crucial MX100 128GB SATA3 | Western Digital 320GB SATA2 | LG SATA 20x DVDRW | FSP Aurum S Gold 600W | Lian Li PC007AIM |

DD,

Paying for something I dont need just make the seller happy.. was initially quite happy until I knew what the money is used for. Sometimes it's better to be ignorant and happy..
    ----------------------------------
    Have you ever felt that life is so bad that you want to believe in fairy tale.

A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.\

Things to learn before I die..
    1) Singing
    2) Dancing
    3) Swimming
    4) Roller blade (Free style)
    5) Japanese
    6) Archery
    7) Motorbike (2B license)
    8) ...

DD

Let me be strong and not fall temptation to any more IT gadgets....also I don't know which Lorong the above poster went to happy but I hope he had the best SG50 discount ever..

DD,

can't believe its been more than a year since i graduated..time really flies when u start working..had my final official farewell lunch with my old team this afternoon...sad to say, it was a pretty screwed up lunch (totally my fault) but luckily it turned out satisfactory in the end (p.s. please avoid rattana thai at tanjong pagar plaza at all cost..story below)..

anyhow, was pleasantly surprised by my team with my farewell gift and i will definitely miss them a lot..in fact, i can gladly say that i am happy and excited to get to work everyday cause of these bunch of good people!..and i am meeting them again tml for a last team event haha..now im hoping my new team would be good too (them seem like really nice people after interacting with them for about half a week)

*the horror lunch story*
    so, i was searching for a place for my own farewell lunch with my team (everyone is asked to suggest a place)...given its my farewell, my boss chose to go with my suggestion - rattana thai at tanjong pagar plaza.

1st up, i made a reservation a week prior and then another pre-order online 2 days before it..lady seems nice on the phone and as it turns out, they are giving 10% off all ala-carte pre-orders..so i happily collated my team's order (14 pax) and upon final confirmation, they added a 10% dine-in fee -.-

2nd, upon leaving our office slightly early, we then realise the place is kind of far off from the main CBD area, as well as being located in a freaking ulu corner with no lift access in sight

3rd, pictures totally lie..their restaurant (if u can even call it that, is really SMALL)..so, it was just 2 other table with 3 pax, and our big group of 14pax...we practically filled up the whole restaurant

4th, and the worst...they took about 10mins to acknowledge our presence, 15minutes to start serving the pre-ordered drinks (which tasted totally like sugar water and barely any tea taste..sour plum felt totally out of a container and they had the cheek to charge us $4 for each small cup that is less than 300ml)...and they took another further 10minutes to take additional orders (which the waitress totally don't understand what we were talking about despite us using simple english)..so, we realised that there was only 1 cook and 1 waitress, but given that we had pre-ordered 2 days back, we thought it shouldnt be that bad...but, as you can expect, SHIT happens...they practically took 1.5 hours to cook 6 plates of mini pad thai..1 other older lady then came in at 1.30pm..as we had waited for a good long 90mins, half of us were starving and asked her about our orders..she went into the kitchen and came out, saying another 5-10mins to serve the remaining food. So another 15mins past and they barely serve up another small order of tom yam fried rice..despite my colleague insisting on less spicy, it turned our to be extremely spicy. i know spiciness is subjective but that old lady still had the cheek to tell us that they dont use chili in their fried rice, it is served separately. what bullocks is that! lousy service and lousy attitude. so we insisted on leaving and paid for whatever extra orders that came. as we were asking about getting a refund, this old lady insisted that she cannot process any refund and called her supervisor about it...i managed to speak to him for barely 5 mins and he had to hang up (luckily i got his number and he got mine, saying he will call me back)..till now, 12 hours later, no call -.-

so..unless u want to end up angry and hungry after 2 hours without any food, even when u booked the place 1 week in advance and pre-ordered 2 days in advance, and that you are on a quest to get angry and lose weight, i would totally NOT RECOMMEND this place at all..really wonder where they got or paid their good reviews from..i will be submitting a paypal dispute claim form for this if he does not get back to me by monday..

DD,

"Why should people put up with you? Are you handsome, rich, popular or important?"

It hits me like a truck after I've invested so many years of my life. I felt like I just met a total stranger. Super tired.

1) Singing
    2) Dancing
    3) Swimming
    5) Japanese
    6) Archery
    8) ...

DD,

wanted to be decisive for once and take a stand but end up i still can't do it..sometimes i think i need more balls to put an end to it..i know i will definitely not like the outcome (and feel it for a long time) but this thing that is dragging on is killing me from the inside..HALP!

DD,

the pain of it all is like what they say..time to put a stop to it and move on..this disappointment and unhappiness is going nowhere and the longer it drags the worse it gets..

goodbye is the hardest word when you know there wouldn't be another hello..so well, its time to say goodbye

DD

Age is catching up and all things familiar are felt moving further and further away and never coming back. I walked down orchard road after haven't been there for donkey years and can't see the old places where I used to roam around doing nothing. Went to Sim Lim and gone were the pirated shops and droves of people hunting for parts/upgrades.

Ipads have replaced my laptop and I tried to bootup from a HDD and suddenly realised it was DAMN slow because for years I was on SSD.

Time don't stand still.

DD

this year has been a challenging one at work especially. hope i get thro this and things will be better

DD,

bad day, worse month, fked up year :'(

DD,

bad day, worse month, fked up year :'(

DD,

Always..

Choose what you love, then love what you choose..

1) Singing
    2) Dancing
    3) Swimming
    5) Japanese
    6) Archery
    8) ...

Quote Originally Posted by wizardundo View Post
    DD,

Always..

Choose what you love, then love what you choose..
    agreed..and holding on no matter how shitty it gets is by option

Dear diary...

It's raining the whole of the day and it reflects how I feel...

Page 944 of 946 FirstFirst ... 444844894934942943944945946 LastLast