Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by moneygod View Post
    Eh what difference is between 1 and 2 ah?

Anyway, I will choose 2. Unless she ingested large amounts of radiated particles and is radiating gamma rays from inside out which she won't survive anyway... Otherwise, no problem.
    1=sleep with u
    2=sleep next door

*applicable to people who are single, sleeps in single or those 45 year old super singles.

Actually if a full meltdown does happen, wouldn't it just harm the people living within 20km radius to the plant and, the plant owner itself.

When a meltdown really does happen, the 3rd container will simply lockdown the entire place and keep everything inside. The main problem is, how many donkey years will it take for it to die out, and the enormous cost of handling it after the meltdown (which mainly affects the plant owner pockets). And well, this never happened before iirc so how its going to be done/handled is also a question.
    Asus Maximus VII Gene | i7-4790K | Kingston HyperX X1 1600mhz 4*4GB| Razer Vespula Mass Effect 3 + Black Edition Death Adder| Unicomp KB | Red Cherry MX Board | Samsung 840 PRO SSD 512gb + 2TB WD RE4 | Asus GTX680 4GB | FiiO A1 + Klipsch B-2 | Dell U2713HM + U2312HM | Lianli A04 | Win7 HP 64bit

Samsung Galaxy Note II | HTC 7 Pro | Nikon D700 | Nikkor 24-70mm, 70-200mm VRII & 60mm F2.8 | Sigma 35mm F1.4 | SB900

>>> www.BiteMyEars.com <<<

Quote Originally Posted by mokky_123
    When a meltdown really does happen, the 3rd container will simply lockdown the entire place and keep everything inside.
    wat third container...

and unless u have some ET container that can hold lava.... pls tell me... I want to buy one too

Chief Executive Princess Christine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mokky_123 View Post
    Actually if a full meltdown does happen, wouldn't it just harm the people living within 20km radius to the plant and, the plant owner itself.

When a meltdown really does happen, the 3rd container will simply lockdown the entire place and keep everything inside. The main problem is, how many donkey years will it take for it to die out, and the enormous cost of handling it after the meltdown (which mainly affects the plant owner pockets). And well, this never happened before iirc so how its going to be done/handled is also a question.
    If a full meltdown does occur in all 3 reactors, it wouldn't just affect only the first 20km. Even Singapore and other SEA countries also will be affected. The radioactive clouds will bring in the radioactive rain over much of the pacific.

You see the chernobyl nuclear plant explosion in 1985. The radioactive substances can be detected all the way to the European Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    If a full meltdown does occur in all 3 reactors, it wouldn't just affect only the first 20km. Even Singapore and other SEA countries also will be affected. The radioactive clouds will bring in the radioactive rain over much of the pacific.

You see the chernobyl nuclear plant explosion in 1985. The radioactive substances can be detected all the way to the European Union.
    don't panic... it'll only do good for you... not the rest of us...

pinochio will become a boy, you'll finally be a real girl.

just in case u fxxked up, at least you got the option of being a badass monster.

again correct me if im wrong, not trying to be funny here, just rather interested in how nuclear plants work so i did some googling before.

The plant in question here are all boiling water nuclear plants. The uranium rods are contained in a 1st container (aka zircaloy or something). This 1st container is then contained in a 2nd container (made of thick steel), called a pressure vessel.

Then this 2nd container, along with all the pipes and etc are stored inside this 3rd container (which is the last line of defense, worse case scenerio). This is an air tight structure made of thick steel and concrete. Thick concrete is placed below the entire 2nd container in the event of a meltdown to intentionally spread out the lava and to contain a complete core meltdown.

So far this 3rd container option have yet to even been considered. All "radiation" leaks so far are via steam, or air particles, which are rather intentional and let out via air-vents.
    Asus Maximus VII Gene | i7-4790K | Kingston HyperX X1 1600mhz 4*4GB| Razer Vespula Mass Effect 3 + Black Edition Death Adder| Unicomp KB | Red Cherry MX Board | Samsung 840 PRO SSD 512gb + 2TB WD RE4 | Asus GTX680 4GB | FiiO A1 + Klipsch B-2 | Dell U2713HM + U2312HM | Lianli A04 | Win7 HP 64bit

Samsung Galaxy Note II | HTC 7 Pro | Nikon D700 | Nikkor 24-70mm, 70-200mm VRII & 60mm F2.8 | Sigma 35mm F1.4 | SB900

So to summarise, in the event of at total core meltdown, the radiation (compared to what we're facing now) would be LOWERED? The reason we're facing radiation clouds now are actions to salvage the situation and the plant itself.

After filtering through loads of junky articles and "comments/opinions"(not facts), i found this rather information article which pretty much summarises what i said:

Fukushima Nuclear Accident – a simple and accurate explanation
    Last edited by mokky_123; Mar 23rd, 11 at 03:09 PM.

$GAWD ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U NO $$!? moneygod's Avatar
    So to summarise, in the event of at total core meltdown, the radiation (compared to what we're facing now) would be LOWERED? The reason we're facing radiation clouds now are actions to salvage the situation and the plant itself.

After filtering through loads of junky articles and "comments/opinions"(not facts), i found this rather information article which pretty much summarises what i said:

Fukushima Nuclear Accident – a simple and accurate explanation

I think in very short term, it will be lowered. But the meltdown meant the molten uranium will melt through the floors, touch any form of water source and grossly contaminate the (sea)water supply.

You have gain.

I think in very short term, it will be lowered. But the meltdown meant the molten uranium will melt through the floors, touch any form of water source and grossly contaminate the (sea)water supply.
    The third container is made to contain that, top right left and BOTTOM (concrete slab meant to contain and spread the leak out, not allowing it to seep downwards to the ground/sea/etc)

$GAWD ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U NO $$!? moneygod's Avatar
    The third container is made to contain that, top right left and BOTTOM (concrete slab meant to contain and spread the leak out, not allowing it to seep downwards to the ground/sea/etc)
    I see... but they have to release the pressure constantly or else that third barrier will explode?

You have gain.

I see... but they have to release the pressure constantly or else that third barrier will explode?
    na... its meant to be locked down indefinitely, untill the plant owner or environmentalist think its time to do a clean up (which would be extremely costly and possibly risky). once they use the 3rd container and do a lock-down, nobody would be inside the reactor buidling already and there'll probably be a no trespassing zone setup around the area...

I'd be more afraid of some rodents inside the lockdown over radiated and become GODZILLA! lol

heat generates pressure. We are not toking about your gas stove hot.
    Diluting the lava also takes time, russians figured that one out using many lives.

Encasing that kind of heat is the worse thing to do. And even if u have a special ET top seal, u will need to vent non-stop. I also hope u have ET filters coz its going to be really hot.

If man ever manages to fabricate a compound or ceramic capable of resisting indefinitely a corium flow, one of the greatest technological breakthoughs will have been attained.

It would make hot fusion reactors possible. One of the main issues with hot fusion is the inability of any man made material to contain the superheated plasma at the core of such a reactor.

DF

Durian Dragon Dranyago! See this Dragon Meow!

Views expressed are my own and are not representative of that of VR-Zone.
    Posts made when executing moderator duties after 20150301 will be in bold purple
    Note that Friend requests will be declined without exception. Do not send me any.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFire
    DF
    wat no ET friends?

superman leh? just ask superman to throw it towards the sun -_-"
    Life is a Gift, Never take it forgranted
    | i5ooest:i5-4690S cooledby Kozuti | Maximus VII Impact mini-ITX | 2 x 8GB DDR3 | Extreme PRO 480Gb |
    | 1TB Veloci | MX800 | M12 II-620W | Jonsbo W1 |2707WFP (16:10) |

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast