Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1518
    Went for my medical appointment and dropped by the food court for a Yong Tau Foo (酿豆腐) with Noodle lunch. This is a Hakka Chinese cuisine consisting primarily of tofu filled with ground meat mixture or fish paste. Variation of this food include vegetables and mushrooms stuffed with ground meat or surimi. Yong tau foo is eaten in numerous ways, either dry with a sauce or served as a soup dish.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Another variation of my Yogurt Fruits Snack. This time with cubes of mango and blueberries for a change.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Today is Winter Solstice (冬至). In Asia, we celebrate this day by making Tangyuan (汤圆), a Chinese dessert made from glutinous rice flour mixed with a small amount of water to form balls and then cook in sweet syrup. Tangyuan can be either small or large, and unfilled or filled with grounded black sesame seeds, crushed peanut etc… Mum made these plain dessert to worship our ancestors and they typically comes in white and/or pink colour.

My office’s canteen cater made these Tangyuan in sweet syrup with ginger which they served to us free of charge. Theirs came with crushed peanut filling so they are a good size bigger than the ones mum made.

Last edited by CoralRed; Dec 23rd, 18 at 02:48 PM.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Had a simple dinner yesterday at Pontian Wanton Noodles with mum during our shopping trip for groceries. I went for the set meal of dry Wanton Noodle with Sour Plum Lime Juice while mum had just the Wanton Soup. Mum complained that the wantons doesn’t look appetizing maybe due to the fact that they weren’t plump looking with just a sliver of minced meat in there. As for the noodle, the portion was small but the savoury black sauce and the bouncy noodle saved the day.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

A month or two ago, the market seems to be flood with vendors selling this Rice Crisps. They came in three flavours - Original, Purple Sweet Potato and Cranberry (not shown here). They are pretty addictive and not too sweet; best of all, they do not stain your fingers sticky.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

I love going to Hot Tomato for their value for money meals. My go to selection is the Mixed Grill (pork chop, chicken chop & sausage) which is a steal at S$14.50 and came complemented with sides of spaghetti aglio olio, crispy romance lettuce, cherry tomatoes & black pepper sauce.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Ever since we started ordering Christmas ham years ago, we swore never to go back to those glued together picnic ham or those made from chicken or turkey. Last Friday evening, I lugged home a boneless 3kg hunk of Honeycomb Virginia Baked Ham from NTUC along with groceries. Next morning, stir-fried some julienne red capsicum, shimeji mushrooms, black pepper and turned it into my Breakfast Ham Sandwiches with walnut loaf and focaccia bread. Finished off everything with a cup of no sugar, low fat milk coffee. So satisfying…

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Mum wanted to check out the pasar malam (night market) next to the MRT station so I proposed we have dinner afterward at Lao Huo Tang (老火汤) in the shopping mall beside it. Sis recommended the place to us which serves Chinese soups using natural ingredients.

From the soup menu, I chose Gingko Nut Pork Tripe Soup (老火猪肚汤) which I know mum would like since she used to cook it, albeit with black peppercorns. The tripe was tender and flavourful but the soup though mellow, lack the spicy kick. No wonder the wait staff asked if we wanted bird’s eye chilli to go with it.

French Bean with Minced Meat (干煸四季豆炒肉碎) was perfect with just the right crunch and “wok hei” (literally translated as “breath of a wok”); that complex aroma from stir-frying in hot wok using high heat.

Mum enjoyed the extra Crispy Pork Chop (脆皮肉扒) but agreed with me that the meat was bland. The sweet mayo dip that comes with the dish does perk up the taste but one cannot deny the fact that it lack basic seasonings/spices like salt and ginger. Out of the three dishes, I least enjoyed it.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Sister-in-law came by on Christmas Eve to deliver a Chicken Pie. Even though I just had dinner, I helped myself to a portion of it. Mum was commenting she preferred chicken egg instead of the quail egg used.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

That chicken pie looks pretty good!
    Oversize sig edited

I have never bothered buying Sweet Potato Fries from stores selling Taiwan fried chicken products. Instead, I patronized the Malay store at my office’s canteen, buying their sweet potato fritters at just S$0.50 apiece. When mum bought back this fries today from her trip to the wet market; actually is a stall at the pasar malam (night market) selling it. I gave it a try and quite enjoy the snack which had a salty seasoning that blended in well with the tuber’s sweetness.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Astons Specialities’ All Day Special comprising of black pepper grilled chicken, Vienna sausages and scrambled egg with tasty rice plus potato wedges for sides.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Just last month, Gardenia launched their own range of Snack’em Lentil Chips available at limited locations. Sis managed to buy two cans while her colleague helped her buy the other one. At S$2.80 per can, they come in 3 MSG-free flavours – Parmesan Cheese, Kimchi and Curry. I started off with curry but was disappointed with the barely there Asian spice. Next one was the Kimchi which wow me with the zingy sourness and light spiciness. But my choice would be the Parmesan version. You can taste the cheese yet it doesn’t overpower the clean flavour of the papadum-like lentil chips. The chips themselves are light and airy with a very crisp texture. Unfortunately, they seems to be heavy handed with the salt as both my sister and I found it too salty. Also, I understands that the contents might settle a bit when they make their way to the shelves but I am staring at half to less than three-quarter full chips in the containers.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

I know I am a few years late, but anyone enjoy HaiTai Sindangdong spicy and sour Tteokbokki Rice Cake Shaped Snacks? Actually, it is more sweet than spicy or sour but they are addictive to eat.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Chinese New Year is just around the corner; pigs are taking centre stage at malls’ decorations, Ang Pao (红包), in music video, soft toys and other festival decorations. They even make foothold in the food category like this Porks-Perity – an adorable pig-shaped bun with fragrant bak kwa, yam and mushroom fillings.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102 LastLast