Page 102 of 103 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1532
    Dinner was 12 pieces of Sushi from NTUC going at a discounted price of S$8. Don’t like the uramaki with black sesame seeds as they are rather hard.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

The main ingredients to a good Rojak is in its sauce, a concoction of fermented prawn paste, sugar, lime (or tamarind water) and chilli paste which gives it an appetizing mix of sweet, sour and spiciness. The rest of the ingredients that make up the dish are cucumber, turnip, green mango, pineapple, tau pok (fried beancurd) and youtiao (Chinese dough fritters). To top it off, it is garnished with chopped peanuts and finely sliced pink flower bud of the torch ginger.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Getting a taste of these BAKE Cheese Tarts used to entail long queuing time but not anymore. It doesn’t mean that they are no good now; just that most fickle-minded Singaporeans are off chasing other Instagram-worthy new craze.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

This is the first time I tried the Curry Chicken Rice bento set at the nearby Zi Char stall. The curry sauce really packed a punch with the added bird’s eye chilli. Don’t think I will order this again next time due to the extra spiciness.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

More of these fragrant and mouth-watering Almond Tarts sis bought from her office’s canteen operator.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Châteraisé on the other hand had branched out to many outlets across the island, dramatically cutting down the queues. Memory still run clear of the queue at Isetan Scotts basement waiting to purchase these desserts. This is one of their best seller - Fresh Cream Cake.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Can’t recall the place I had eaten this Shima Hokke (grilled mackerel) set meal. I can only remembered that I topped up for the clams in the soup and the rice is free flow.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

A Melon Soft Serve Cone I had during one of Meidi-ya’s Hokkaido Fair.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Mum loves durian so we gotten her a 30cm Premium D24 Durian Cake from Emicakes for her birthday. It comes with two generous layers of durian filling in between layers of Vanilla Chiffon.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

EMICakes? Bought some items from them and came away with a bad taste in the mouth literally.Eg 3 years back during this time being close to CNY, I bought 2 items from them and both was a huge disappointment. 1 item was supposedly Premium D24 durian filling.

Quote Originally Posted by chaozhouzi View Post
    EMICakes? Bought some items from them and came away with a bad taste in the mouth literally.Eg 3 years back during this time being close to CNY, I bought 2 items from them and both was a huge disappointment. 1 item was supposedly Premium D24 durian filling.
    That bad? We have been buying their Premium D24 Durian Cake for many years, because my mum like it. So far we have not encountered any quality issue other than when they changed their sponge cake recipe to the so call healthier version which tasted worst then the previous recipe. Wrote in to them but they would not change back to the old recipe. We have tried a few durian cakes from other shops but we still preferred Emicakes.
    Last edited by CoralRed; Jan 31st, 19 at 10:57 AM.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Today is the first day of Chinese New Year. Taking the opportunity to wish everyone a happy and prosperous Year of the PIG. May this New Year be as pleasant for you as a sweet tune.

新年快乐 恭喜发财 猪年大吉

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Colleague made these Chinese New Year goodies for sale. I was attracted to the cute Butter Pig Cookies and the Pineapple Pastries were delicious too. The actors or actresses shown here were chosen purely based for their appetizing looks rather than acting talent. So lets the food-play begin…

Unknown Pig A: We are the five pig brothers.

Unknown Pig B: Aren’t we all look-alike?

Unknown Pig C: Call us handsome. Oink!

Photographer (that’s me): Errr, I was the one who asked my colleague to make you presentable. Told her you guys were going in front of the lens. * whispering to myself. And later into my tummy.

Unknown Pigs (in unison): What!!! We are not natural-born handsome!?

Photographer: * nodding the head. Ain’t she got dainty hands?

Unknown Pigs (in unison): * wolf whistle (trying to change topic)

Unknown Pig D: Who might you girls be?

Unknown Pastries: We are the Pineapple Pastry sisters.

Pineapple Pastry A: I am the older of the two.

Unknown Pig E: I can see that. You’re the bigger (sized) one and bursting at the seams.

Pineapple Pastry A: What to do. This year’s pineapple tarts are so yummy and the BBQ pork heavenly. I can’t stop eating them.

Unknown Pigs (in unison): Ahhh! You ate our cousin!!!

Pineapple Pastry B: * giggling. And all of you are?

Unknown Pigs (in unison): We are the Butter Pig brothers.

Butter Pig E: Oink! You both look so delicious; good enough to eat!

Butter Pigs: *inching closer and closer

Pineapple Pastries: Eek! Don’t come any closer!!! * scream….

Butter Pig A: Burp… We should do it again next year.

Butter Pig C: But bro, next year is the Year of the Rat.

Butter Pig A, B, D & E: Nooo… We have got to wait for another 12 years before it’s our turn again!

Disclaimer - The events, characters and firms depicted in the photoplay are fictitious. Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. No animals or cookies were harmed in the making of this recording; the Butter Pig brothers and Pineapple Pastry sisters went home happily down my stomach. Burp…
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

This year Reunion Dinner (团圆饭) was held at the local coffeeshop. It’s our first time having this dinner outside as mum did the cooking all these years. First up, Smoked Salmon Yu Sheng (烟熏三文鱼捞生) get everyone into mood as we toss the different coloured vegetables while saying various auspicious wishes out loud.

Next up was the Braised Crab Meat Shark’s Fin (红烧蟹璜蟹肉鱼翅). Would have preferred another dish but it was part of the standard menu.

Salted Eggs Pork Ribs (咸蛋酱肉扒王) was good with tender pieces of pork coated with a creamy savoury salted egg sauce.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Garlic Crispy Chicken (金蒜脆皮烧鸡) wasn’t too bad, just not crispy enough and it doesn’t come with the usual prawn crackers at the side.

We finished everything on this plate of Sliced Abalone Fish Maw Spinach (贵妃鲍片鱼鳔菠菜).

Ngoh Hiang or 虾枣 (Five-spice Pork Rolls) was one of the two additional dishes I added. It had crunchy cubes of prawn among the minced pork which we enjoyed. Just one complaint, they could have made it a little smaller in size for easier popping of the whole piece into the mouth.

I added the Mongolian Chicken (蒙古鸡) as it was mum’s favourite but came in a messy presentation with the aluminum foils carelessly wrapped.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Page 102 of 103 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103 LastLast