Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106
Results 1,576 to 1,589 of 1589
    Every time look through this thread make me super hungry.
    Got any recommendations for Marsiling Mall?
    Gonna be going nearby for a few days due to work
    Last edited by kyosuke; May 8th, 19 at 07:20 PM.
    The Spice Must Flow

Quote Originally Posted by kyosuke View Post
    I know only of 2 stalls. 1. Yan Ji Seafood Soup Unit: #01-26 - I ordered the crayfish seafood soup. Ex but no regret. 2. Fu Shi Traditional Roasted · Wanton Mee Unit: #01-01/02 - This stall was from Shunfu. Heard from others the laksa, hokkien prawn mee plus char kway teow are good too. Myself have not tried.

So was the Ika Karaage (Baby Cuttlefish); deep fried to golden brown yet so wonderfully tender with a well-seasoned crispy shell.

The picture of the Kani Tenpura (One Mouth Crab Tempura) in the menu gave me the impression that the crab pieces are of decent size but alas, they were such tiny crabs. Order this if you need more calcium in your diet.

I think this was the Tori Karaage (Marinated Chicken Pieces) I asked for though in the menu, it doesn’t comes with sauce. Actually the sweetish sauce gave this dish a bigger depth of flavours than if it was to come without.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Every time look through this thread make me super hungry.
    Gonna be going nearby for a few days due to work
    Out of the way for me cause it's between Marsiling MRT and Woodlands MRT. My colleague told me the place is pretty quiet due to the location.

Yan Ji Seafood Soup got another branch in Marsiling Lane which is just a stone throw from my work place.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by chaozhouzi View Post
    I know only of 2 stalls. 1. Yan Ji Seafood Soup Unit: #01-26 - I ordered the crayfish seafood soup. Ex but no regret. 2. Fu Shi Traditional Roasted · Wanton Mee Unit: #01-01/02 - This stall was from Shunfu. Heard from others the laksa, hokkien prawn mee plus char kway teow are good too. Myself have not tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoralRed View Post
    Out of the way for me cause it's between Marsiling MRT and Woodlands MRT. My colleague told me the place is pretty quiet due to the location.

Yan Ji Seafood Soup got another branch in Marsiling Lane which is just a stone throw from my work place.
    Thanks for the recommendations.

Going work in the building directly opposite Marsiling Mall, so gotta be eating there lol.
    The Spice Must Flow

Thanks for the recommendations.

Going work in the building directly opposite Marsiling Mall, so gotta be eating there lol.
    Nearby got quite a few coffeeshops, might be cheaper to eat there as my colleague told me the food are more expensive at Marsiling Mall. She living nearby only and she said she would not go there to eat.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

The Tori Teppan or simply chicken as labeled in the menu came under the Teppanyaki section. Much like those Korean fried chicken with sauce, this one was boneless with a savoury taste. But it was the crispy fried garlic slices that stole the thunder from the chicken. Overall, I would rate this dish excellent.

Both the Ebi Tenpura (Prawn Tempura) and Kisu Tenpura (Fish Tempura) were freshly deep-fried so they were hot and crispy. Would have like more but subsequent orders never materialized.

Did someone ordered ice creams? Nope, it was Jagaimo Sarada (Potato Salad). More sweetish than I would have preferred but it was good nonetheless.

Gyuniku Shogayaki (Beef with Special Sauce) had thin tender slices of stir-fried beef and onion in special sauce. The meat was fatty enough without being oily and the sauce was well, special. A dish that goes well with white rice.

My guess this would be the Tori Hatsu Shioyaki (Grilled Chicken Heart with Salt) but I don’t remembered even ordering it. Anyway, I ended up eating it as I had thought it was beef.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Quote Originally Posted by CoralRed View Post
    Nearby got quite a few coffeeshops, might be cheaper to eat there as my colleague told me the food are more expensive at Marsiling Mall. She living nearby only and she said she would not go there to eat.
    I see. Thanks for the info!
    The Spice Must Flow

Shake Teriyaki (Grilled Salmon with Sweet Soy Sauce) – In most places, the teriyaki sauce was too coyly sweet/salty but not here and the salmon was not overcooked, retaining the moist flaky flesh.

Normally I love most food items grilled but this Tebasaki Shioyaki (Grilled Chicken Wing with Salt) was a tad dry as they had butterflied the mid-wings. I will sticks to the deep-fried wings instead.

If you don’t appreciate raw garlic then this Ninniku Shioyaki (Grilled Garlic with Salt) might win you over. Gone are the pungent sharp flavour, now replaced with a milder and sweeter taste with a hint of smokiness.

Saba Teriyaki (Grilled Mackerel with Sweet Soy Sauce) was equally good, just like the salmon that came before it. Crispy skin and moist succulent flesh inside.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

I placed the order for Aburi Shake Sushi (Seared Salmon) but was served this instead, for which I could not find in the menu. The sauce was sourish at best and doesn’t complement the fish at all. None of us like it.

Luckily the Fancy Unagi Sushi (Grilled Eel topped with Cream Cheese, Crab meat & Tempura Bits) saved the day. The strange combination of toppings actually works like a charm giving the plain unagi a boost in the taste department.

Then came the Spider Temaki (Deep Fried Soft Shell Crab Handroll) that did me in. Someone secretly submitted an order for two more pieces making a total of six. When no one came forward to claim ownership of the two orphaned hand rolls, it’s up to me “disposed” of them and I had to eat three of them. Taste wise, the lack of sauce gave it a rather bland flavour profile.

Crispy Ton Katsu (Deep Fried Pork Loin Chop in Bread Crumbs) but on the dry side. A fattier cut of pork would do wonders for this dish.

To end the lunch buffet, a scoop of Matcha Red Bean Ice Cream for dessert. Too bad this one is not free flow. You can opt for fresh cut fruits if you don’t have a sweet tooth.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Have you tried the new Gardenia Cheese Bread Stix? They comes in two irresistible flavours - Classic Cheese and Pizza. The Classic Cheese flavour is topped with shredded cheese and herbs, while the Pizza flavour is a combination of tomato paste and shredded cheese. Just S$1.30 for each of these savoury buns.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

LeNu Chef Wai’s Noodle Bar (樂牛私房面家) at Northpoint City sells Taiwanese style beef noodles though they have recently also introduced chicken and seafood in addition to a variety of side dishes. I have walked by the unit many times but never seem to find time to eat there until now. Bought mum along for the tasting since she like beef noodles.

LeNu Chef Wai’s Noodle Bar (樂牛私房面家)
    930 Yishun Avenue 2
    Northpoint City South Wing
    #B1-101
    Singapore 769098

Business Hours
    Daily 10.30am – 10pm (Last order at 9.30pm)

Flipped through the menu and decided on the Braised Beef Combination Noodle (红烧牛三宝面) that comes with Wagyu Beef, Tendon and Shank. You get to choose from one of the three choices of noodle – Thick Vermicelli, La Mian or Rice Noodle. I picked La Mian noodle for my carbohydrate. My bowl of beef noodles came with slices of fatty beef and tendon in a brown broth that takes more than 12 hours of simmering. The beef was oh so tender and the broth packed a depth of umami flavours if not a little on the salty side. And not forgetting the noodle, which was cooked al dente, had a nice firm chewy bite.

Mum went with her Braised Beef Tendon Dry Noodle (红烧牛筋干捞面), opting for the thick vermicelli. It came topped with an assortments of salted vegetable, beansprouts, crispy peanuts & anchovies, spring onion and garnished with bonito flakes.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Sis joined us much later and since she don’t take beef, she went ahead and ordered the Braised Pork Rib with Scallion Dry Noodle (葱烤猪软骨拌面). For S$3 extra, you get to choose a side dish and a drink. We picked the Chilled Silken Tofu with Century Egg (皮蛋豆腐) and I chose the Apple Black Tea drink.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

These purple skin Japanese variety sweet potatoes are such a sweet nutritious snack whether you steam/bake the tuber whole or cubed in dessert like this Sweet Potato Soup. They are also a rich source of fiber, vitamins and minerals.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106