Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1623
    Breakfast Set consisting of a cup of hot coffee/tea, 2 slices of kaya margarine toast and 2 soft-boiled eggs at just $1.80 (Non-Union member S$2.20) at NTUC Foodfare.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Nasi Lemak is a Malay fragrant rice dish cooked in coconut milk and pandan leaf. Traditionally, nasi lemak is served with a hot spicy sauce (sambal), and usually includes various garnishes, including fresh cucumber slices, small fried anchovies (ikan bilis), roasted peanuts, and hard-boiled or fried egg. For a more substantial meal, nasi lemak may also be served with an additional protein dish such as ayam goreng (fried chicken), sambal sotong (cuttlefish in chilli) or fried ikan kuning (fried yellow-banded scads) etc…

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Ordered the Braised Pig Trotters (S$4.50) from Hong Ji Claypot Bak Kut Teh for lunch. The coffee shop is always packed with diners eating from this stall especially during lunch time hours so be prepare to wait for your food. You can request for meatier or fattier cuts depending on your preference.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Had an early dinner of hot peppery Bak Kut Teh (肉骨茶) at Chong Pang on a rainy afternoon. I took the pork rib while mum went with her favourite pig’s kidney. Ordered an additional dish of pig’s stomach to share.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Dinner settled as we walked around the hawker centre to see what else we could find. Many people were queuing up for Satay and mum wanted it too. Ordered 10 sticks each of pork and mutton satays with two Ketupat (steamed rice). Was told there will be a waiting time of at least 25 minutes. Between the two meats, the mutton had a heavier seasoning and a little sweeter while the pork make do with lighter spices and sugar. Both had nice charred moist morsels of meats and I actually think they were sedap on their own merits. The Peanut Sauce was nice and fragrant to dip the satays with the cubed rice, sliced cucumber and onion.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Was given a movie ticket by my brother and I used the opportunity to go watch Godzilla II: King of the Monsters but rather than getting the expensive popcorn and snacks from the cinema, I went for Arnold’s Fried Chicken. The 2 Piece Meal came with two pieces of specially marinated chicken deep fried till golden brown served with fries and coleslaw. I preferred this over KFC anytime.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

After the movie, went next door to LeNu Chef Wai’s Noodle Bar (樂牛私房面家) to cure my hunger. This is the first time I am ordering the Braised Beef Tendon Dry Noodle (红烧牛筋干捞面) for myself. Those crispy ikan bilis (fried anchovies) and peanuts gave the dish a contrasting textures of crunchiness against the springiness of the vermicelli and tendon so that is a plus point.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Dinner yesterday was a simple meal, just Home-Cooked Porridge made from leftover soup stock with cordyceps flower, king oyster mushroom, scallops, minced pork and eggs.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

At just S$3 for this Coffee Swiss Roll, this soft and fluffy snack was surprisingly delish. Lessen your sense of guilt when consuming it since it doesn’t overload you with excess whipped cream. Come to think of it, Christmas Log Cakes are just plain old Swiss roll covered in cream or icing with some decorations thrown on top of it but sold at cutthroat prices.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

It’s weekend again and mum don’t feel like cooking for dinner so I was tasked to buy some dishes back while she cooked white rice. As usual, mum wanted her Mongolian Chicken but the staff taking the order made an error and gave us Prawn Paste Chicken (虾酱鸡) or Har Cheong Gai instead. This Singaporean fried chicken dish is made with chicken wings in a batter with fermented shrimp paste and is best eaten hot. Of course, the vegetable dish is another of her favourite - Sambal Kangkong (马来风光).

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Have you tried BreadTalk’s Momoji (小松欢)? It is a disc-shaped vanilla chiffon sprinkled with the savory pork floss and it comes in three different flavours of pork floss – Original, Spicy and Cereal Chilli. A perfect sweet and savory mid-day treat!

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Sis bought home two boxes of Glutinous Rice wrapped in Lotus Leaf (古法糯米鸡) from Tim Ho Wan (添好运). Each box cost S$6.80 which is about three times the selling price of those elsewhere. Digging in, the fragrant sticky rice is packed with pieces of mushroom, sausage and chunks of boneless chicken meat. The rice is a little less sticky than its cheaper cousins and a lot more wet due to the accumulation of sauce at the bottom of the bundle. Overall, the taste is comparable but I won’t want to spend triple the price for it.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Got these Dragon Egg Cakes from the local bakery at the shopping mall. The shop just labelled them as Cheese and Blueberry and they are going at 3 for S$2. I had thought the cake would be filled with blueberry jam but alas, the filling is still cheese with a thin spread of jam at the bottom. Now for the taste test. The sponge cake had a firm texture, presumably so that it can hold the filling inside. Fragrant with an eggy edge but isn’t too saccharine sweet for my palate. The cheese filling is savoury so this suit me to a T. Paired the dainty snacks with BOH Cameronian Gold Blend Tea which my brother got for us from JB since I can’t find it locally.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Vegetarian Bee Hoon or Rice Vermicelli with stir-fried cabbage, crispy bean curd skin, imitation fish and curry mutton with potato.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Famous Taiwanese bubble tea chain Tiger Sugar (老虎堂黑糖專売) opened its flagship outlet at Capitol Piazza late last year and the queue is just crazy. They are quick to strike while the iron is hot, opening a few more outlets including one at Northpoint City. I must admit that I am not a fan of bubble tea due to them loaded with sugars but my sis said the drink is nice except for the long queuing time.

Being a first timer buying from them, I asked the staff to recommend their most popular item and it was this Brown Sugar Boba + Pearls with Cream Mousse (虎虎生風厚鮮奶 | 含奶霜), which contains tapioca pearls (called boba) and small brown sugar pearls. The “tiger” stripes of caramelised syrup on the side of the cup is made with four types of Taiwanese brown sugar held in suspension by the creamy and high fat content Meiji milk. Receiving the beverage from the staff, I was told to shake the cup 15 times to mix the contents before consuming. The sweet caramelized aroma and extra creamy milk alternating with chewy boba and soft pearls dancing and bouncing in my mouth; this you have to experience yourself. A couple of thing I need to point out is you cannot customise the sugar level and the amount of ice cubes in the cup makes it hard to suck out the boba and pearls.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109 LastLast