Page 109 of 111 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1652
    Did you enjoy the aromatic sweet dessert of McDonald’s Purple Sweet Potato Waffle Cone (S$2)? I know I did.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Was recommended One Sushi (一口寿司) by my sis so I thought I did give this place a try. It is located behind Northpoint City at Yishun Town Square. All the yellow plates on the belt cost S$1.00 each if you go at the below timings else it’s S$1.50 per plate.

- Monday to Thursday – 11.30am to 10pm
    - Friday to Sunday – 2.30pm to 5.30pm

They were celebrating their one year anniversary and the Mentaiko Fries was just one dollar (Usual S$3.80). You order it via the iPad and the food is delivered via this “sushi car” which travel above the sushi conveyor belt. The car will ask you to press the button on it to return it to the kitchen after you have done collecting the food.

Shako Sushi (Mantis Shrimp) is a rare sight on a budget restaurant menu so I grabbed it. This delicacy appears in late spring or early summer and disappears off the menus after a few short weeks. The texture is meatier than shrimps and more closely resembled lobster.

Ikura Gunkan or battleship sushi with salmon roe is my favourite. The glistening salty roes are packed with omega-3 oils and exploded like fireworks in the cavity of the mouth. Of the 20 plates I eaten that day, about 4 plates are of this variety.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

The famous Taiwanese bakery Wu Pao Chun Bakery (吳寶春麥方店) just open for business at Capitol Piazza in Singapore. As expected, foodies thronged the shop snapping up the award-winning handcrafted Lychee Rose Royale (荔枝玫瑰) and Red Wine Longan (酒酿桂圆) breads priced at S$20.80 each. Sis bought the former which was pretty decent in size. Since we don’t own a bread knife, it took me a little while to cut it down to size with a normal knife. The bread is firm and springy but not too tough, with pieces of dried lychee and walnut embedded within. As you chew on it, the smell and taste of lychee get released inside of your mouth. Comes with a Bread Care Guide to help you preserve the good taste for the best enjoyment after paying so much for it.

The mushroom shaped Tom Yummy! (冬炎菇菇) cost S$2.60 apiece. Mildly spicy, the rich, tangy taste of tom yum chicken is “shiok”. Minus point for the stingy use of chicken meat because this mushroom look so empty inside.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Was stuck in a meeting till almost after lunch so I walked out to the hawker centre to cure my hunger. For just S$3.50, this bowl of Pork Ribs Noodle was so good with numerous pieces of tender soft bone pork ribs in a herbal broth.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Received a S$5 discount voucher from my colleague for use at Hot Tomato Café & Grill so I made the trip there for dinner. Flipping through their revamped menu, I picked the Mixed Grill Platter (S$17.90) which comes with Lamb T-Bone, a thick cut of Pork Chop, crispy Chicken Fillet, Chipolata, grilled half tomato accompanied with Chimichurri, Barbecue Sauce and house made Black Pepper Sauce. The dish is still complemented with their signature sides of spaghetti aglio olio, crispy romance lettuce and cherry tomatoes. Together with the Mushroom Soup and Ice Lemon Tea (S$3.70 for both), all this made for a substantial meal.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Ever since I brought her to LeNu Chef Wai’s Noodle Bar (樂牛私房面家) a few months ago, mum had been asking me to bring her there. So I hope I hadn’t bored you with the same kind of food pictures though I do opted for different variations when there are choices like choosing Pickled Vegetable Braised Beef Broth (酸菜牛骨汤) over the Authentic Braised Beef Broth. First up, my Apple Black Tea drink and Chilled Black Fungus with Minced Garlic (清爽黑云耳) add-ons.

My bowl of Braised Beef Combination Noodle (红烧牛三宝面) which included Wagyu Beef, Tendon and Shank. The tartness of the pickled cabbage cut through the rich soup, balancing out the saltiness. The meat is melt in the mouth tender and the tendon offered little resistance to the bite.

Mum is a little less adventurous, sticking to her tried and tested Braised Beef Tendon Dry Noodle (红烧牛筋干捞面) with a change of noodle to ramen instead thick vermicelli.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Brother ordered five boxes of Durian from Johor Bahru for us since he knows mum like it. He told us he spent about S$8 per kilogram for the mid-range durian varieties. The durian look wet due to the condensation as they have been vacuum sealed and kept in the fridge for freshness. They were surprisingly very good with many small seeded ones. Taste wise, they ranged from milky sweet to bittersweet and thick creamy flesh.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

McDonald’s new soft serve Bandung Cone is a twist of the popular drink served across Southeast Asia. The drink is made of evaporated milk or condensed milk flavoured with rose cordial syrup, giving it a pink hue.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

It’s been awhile since I last visited Han’s Cafe & Cake House. Their Pandan Kaya Cake with layers of pandan flavored sponges and silky pandan egg custard bring back memories of the good olden days when we don’t have that many distractions to indulge in. If you enjoy chocolate, you will love this Chocolate Mint Square with its moist sponge layers and minty fresh cream in-between.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Lunch at Jewel Changi Airport staff canteen.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Having seen the beautiful cake pictures of Baker’s Brew, I went ahead to purchase three pieces to try. My first impression for a S$7.50 a slice cake; they are so thinly portioned as if they are afraid you might put on too much weight after consuming it. Ondeh Ondeh had a nice blend of gula melaka and coconut taste. The finely grated palm sugar and desiccated coconut giving it a slight crunch and texture. Not too bad.

However, I can’t really recommend the Lychee Mango and the Strawberry Speculoos as it doesn’t stand out in any way. Although the Ondeh Ondeh cake was nice, the small slice coupled with reasonably high price just killed my appetite for more of it.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Boarded the free shuttle bus to Sembawang Shopping Centre for some grocery shopping and dinner. We usually go to Astons Specialities for an early dinner before proceeding to Giant Hypermarket. Mum stuck to her Crispy Fried Fish with the Potato Wedges and Tasty Rice.

I went for Double Up Chicken, choosing Crispy Fried Chicken and Fiery Chicken along with Garden Veggie and Potato Wedges for the sides.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

I love my cereal prawns so when KFC Cereal Chicken was launched, I just got to go and try it. Basically, it is Hot & Crispy chicken coated with seasoning and topped with savoury sweet Nestlé Nestum cereal, fried crispy with butter, curry leaves and chilli. Must be finger lickin’ good enough because I read that it even got reviewer in the USA writing about it.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

A packed meal of Roast Duck Drumstick & Roast Pork Rice mum bought from her daily trip to the market.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Dropped by this popular dessert stall in Yishun Central on our way to dinner. Mum had her bowl of hot Red Bean Soup while I opted for something cold. My Red Bean Nata de Coco comes drizzled with evaporated milk and gula melaka (palm sugar syrup) on a bed of shaved ice.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Page 109 of 111 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 LastLast