Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114
Results 1,696 to 1,699 of 1699
    China-based Nayuki (奈雪の茶), a popular cheese tea chain is renowned for its tantalising fresh fruit tea and soft-euro bread. Sis bought the Pitaya Cranberry Cheese, a large donut-like ring dyed pink with dragon fruit and filled with dried cranberry and cream cheese.

Image Credit
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

I am back at Common Chefs Bistro for lunch but was made to wait till 12pm for them to open for business though it is stated that they open at 11.30am. I went straight for the Shepherd’s Pie (S$15) that I have been eyeing during my last trip here. Although, it is called Shepherd’s pie, there is actually a pig hiding in there but no lamb to be found. From what I known, Shepherd’s pie contains lamb and cottage pie, beef. So what is a pork pie called? OK, back to the pie. It’s stewed minced pork, mushrooms, onion topped with mashed potatoes and mozzarella cheese and baked. Tasted pretty decent though I would love the pork to be chunkier to showcase the different meat used and other root vegetables like carrot added.

For a sweet conclusion to the meal, I topped up S$7.90 for an Ice Earl Grey Honey Lemon and a slice of Chocolate Crepe. Note, this is not the High Tea promotion but separate add-on to the meal.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Song Fa Bak Kut Teh (松發肉骨茶) was founded by a Mr Yeo Eng Seng in 1969. He started out in a push cart stall peddling their signature peppery pork rib soup along Johor Road. Today the Michelin Bib Gourmand awards winner have 10 branches each in Singapore and China, 8 in Indonesia and 1 in Thailand.

Song Fa Bak Kut Teh (松發肉骨茶)
    Northpoint City
    #B1-48
    930 Yishun Ave 2
    Singapore 769098

Flipping through the pictorial illustrated Menu, you see a visual representation of what you will be ordering. Prices are also clearly printed next to the dishes. Since this is our first time here, we picked the pork rib and pig’s kidney soup with a couple of side dishes.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

The servings were pretty quick and the wait staffs deposited my Pork Ribs Soup (S$7.60), mum’s Pig’s Kidney Soup (S$8), dough fritters and white rice at the table. Even before we could properly tucked into the meal, another wait staff came along asking if you wanted to top up the soup. Taking a sip at the aromatic broth, it had a clean mild peppery and garlicky taste without the excessive spiciness often associated with other brands. The pork is fall off the bone tender with no awful porky flavour, so eating it was a delightful experience. Mum commented that her pig’s kidney was fresh and crunchy which she relish. I took a piece from her and agreed with her wholeheartedly.

The Dough Fritters (S$2) was crispy and full of holes inside, just dip it into the broth to soak up the peppery goodness. The Homemade Ngoh Hiang (S$9.10) or five-spice meat rolls had a crisp outer skin and moist pork filling. Make sure to dip in the sweet and sour chilli sauce to enhance the overall enjoyment.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114