Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1751
    Skipped breakfast to go for brunch of Herbal Vegetarian Rice & Soup Set (S$4.10). The soup came with tau pok (fried beancurd), mushrooms, black fungus and mock meat. The soup had a light herbal fragrant and went surprisingly well with the ingredients. You can also opt for noodle instead of white rice.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Went for my medical appointment and saw people crowding around the pop-up cake shop by Bakery Cuisine (烘培工坊). Tried the samples and found them to my liking so I bought both the 14cm Durian Cake (S$15) and the Cheese Yogurt Lava Pudding (S$10). The staff took S$2 off from my total purchase and at the same time told me the cakes keep for 3 days in the fridge and 2 weeks if frozen. The durian cake comes filled with durian puree in the centre and dried cranberries at the top. It is so nice to discover that the puree does not seems to have been adulterated with cream so it is as pure as it can get to real durian taste.

The Cheese Yogurt Lava Pudding is sprinkled with toasted almond flakes and hide a molten cheese yogurt core. I mopped up every drop of the creamy, barely there tangy “lava’ with the sponge cake. The loads of almond flakes gave it the crunch and nutty flavour.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

The stall that we patronized often had closed due to owner wanting to increase the rent by S$1000 a month. We found this stall at the nearby NTUC Foodfare selling the same Saba Fish & Rice but not as good as the former though still decent.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Gone back to Astons Specialities for dinner after our grocery shopping. Mum went for her usual Crispy Fried Fish with tasty rice and potato wedges. Me, I had the All Day Special of chargrilled chicken, Vienna sausages and scrambled egg with two sides of mashed potato and coleslaw.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Mum said she wanted to go to NTUC Foodfare for dinner so here we are. She picked the Saba Fish & Rice set while I went for Cai Png or economic rice meal of diced chicken with peanuts, egg tofu and potato with sausages.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Glass Gem Corn, a unique variety of rainbow-colored corn became an internet sensation in 2012 when a photo of the sparkling cob was posted to Facebook. It all begins with one man, Carl Barnes, who began growing older varieties of corns as a way to reconnect to his Native American roots. He managed to isolate heirloom corn seeds and began sharing and exchanging the ancient corn seeds with people across the country, while continuing to select for more colourful varieties. And so the dazzling rainbow corn was born. The seeds soon found their way to Bill McDorman, gifted by one of Carl’s students, Greg Schoen. Bill is the owner of Arizona-based Seed Trust and executive director of Native Seeds/SEARCH. The non-profit conservation organization now sells the seeds online.

Image Credit
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Packed Lunch is rendang chicken drumstick, egg tofu and potato & sausage with white rice.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Went back a week later for my medical report and the pop-up cake shop by Bakery Cuisine (烘培工坊) is still there. Since it’s their last day, I bought another two different flavours - Chocolate Cream Cake and Caramel Cream Cake. I had thought it would be like the Cheese Yogurt Lava Pudding with a molten centre but I was kind of disappointed when it was just chocolate cream frosting inside.

The Caramel Cream Cake is like the former but better tasting due to the caramel infused frosting that gave it a nice complex aromas and flavours. The sprinkling of almond flakes and chocolate chips adds to the overall textures and enjoyment.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

A healthy packed Lunch of steamed egg custard, cabbage and broccoli & mushroom stir-fry plus a helping of white rice.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

New soft serve ice cream flavour from McDonald’s again. This time it is Thai Milk Tea Cone (S$1.00) which had a strong enough black tea flavour profile to come through the vanilla milk-based dessert. Love it!

Image Credit
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Went grocery shopping with mum at Sembawang Shopping Centre a few weeks ago and came across this new soft toy shop. But on closer look, it is actually a Taiwanese steamboat restaurant - Shi Li Fang Hotpot (食立方). Then it was still not yet in operation so I collected the promotional flyer and left.

Shi Li Fang Hotpot (食立方)
    Sembawang Shopping Centre
    #01-21
    604 Sembawang Road
    Singapore 758459
    Tel: 6870 8897

Upon sitting down, you are presented with four Menu with a whole lots of items. If you are like me, the first time coming here, the sudden inundation of mass ordering options might bewildered you. Unless you are ordering side or additional dishes, you only need to look at these two menu cum ordering chits. One menu is for single diner and the other for up to four persons. And before you tear open the wet tissue, it cost S$0.30 each but the tissue paper is free of charge.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

We are given a choice of two soup base out of the available nine. Eight are free to select except for the Beauty Collagen Chicken Soup which requires a S$4.90 top up. We picked the Tonic Chicken Soup and the spicy Specialty Mala Soup.

We went for the Single Value Set Meal (S$9.90++ per set) as mum said she was not really hungry. I chose the Superior Marbled Pork Slice & Meat Ball Combo. For mum, she like the look of the pork slices on the other tables so I picked for her the Pork Combo Set (Pork belly & Superior marbled pork slice). Since mum doesn’t want the rice or noodle, they give her an additional basket of cabbage.

At the Dipping Sauce Station, you get to be creative mixing up your own sauce concoction from the wide array of condiments and herbs. Do take note of the dipping sauce, it is only free on weekdays before 4pm else it costs S$1.10 per person.

You readers might be asking, what about those colourful stuffed Soft Toys? They are rewards if you accumulated enough stamps to redeem them. During this promotional period, every S$28 (usual SS$38) spent entitled you to a single stamp on their loyalty card.

Now to rate the food. The ingredients are fresh and the food decent but the prices can add up to quite a bit if you ordered the other more expensive seafood or the premium meat items. Moreover, charging for the wet tissues and dipping sauces might catch diners off-guard during payment.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Bought one Tropical Cup (芒果荔枝双Q冻) and redeemed another from Nine Fresh (九鲜) using stamps accumulated in their loyalty card. Come with ai-yu jelly, grass jelly, lychee pearl jelly, mango pearl jelly, milk ball and taro balls.

Image Credit
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Sis went to Scandinavia for tour and bought back chocolates and unsalted nuts. But the Geisha Dark Chocolate by Fazer is actually a Finnish product, while Ritter Sport Choco Cubes is from Germany. So, technically none are local products of Denmark, Norway and Sweden, the three countries that make up Scandinavia.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Today’s Packed Lunch has just two dishes of sweet & sour fish and stir-fried ginger pork slices. The tangy sweet sauce of the fish fillet is appetizing except that the fish inside is too thin. The pork is real tender, perfumed by the sharp kick of the ginger taste and the sweetness of onion.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117 LastLast