Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122
Results 1,816 to 1,828 of 1828
    McDonald’s long-awaited Prosperity Burger is back again this Chinese New Year along with the well-loved Prosperity Twister Fries and the new Mango Passion Fruit Pie. Sis bought the ala carte Prosperity Chicken Burger (鸡肉福气汉堡) which the patty is dunked into black pepper sauce. Kind of messy to eat if not for the wrapper to shield your hands from the sauce. Verdict, a little spicy for me; not really my type of burger.

Image Credit
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by CoralRed View Post
    McDonald’s long-awaited Prosperity Burger is back again this Chinese New Year along with the well-loved Prosperity Twister Fries and the new Mango Passion Fruit Pie. Sis bought the ala carte Prosperity Chicken Burger (鸡肉福气汉堡) which the patty is dunked into black pepper sauce. Kind of messy to eat if not for the wrapper to shield your hands from the sauce. Verdict, a little spicy for me; not really my type of burger.
    burger-wise i would recommend either burger joint new york (near telok ayer mrt and the entrance is quite hidden in a back alley)..and moosehead (near telok ayer mrt and along the way to burger joint new york)..especially love moosehead's buttery bun!
    Way Of The Dragon: From a distance - 20 paddlers move in perfect rhythm to a muted drum beat, gracefully skimming the water's surface. Up close - determined grunts and strained sinews with oars in grip, dig vigorously into the water. The majestic head of the dragon fronts this contraption but the real heart lies just behind it, at the apex of the bow. Like a conductor of an orchestra, the drummer leads his crew with the calculated beat of his drum. Such is the realm of dragon boating.

Rig Overhaul! 20/06/2014:
    | Asrock B85M Pro 4 + Intel i5 4460 Haswell | Zotac GTX760 AMP! Edtn GDDR5 2GB | G.Skill RipJaws-X DDR3-1600 CL9 4GB x 2 | Toshiba 2TB SATA3 | Crucial MX100 128GB SATA3 | Western Digital 320GB SATA2 | LG SATA 20x DVDRW | FSP Aurum S Gold 600W | Lian Li PC007AIM |

Just a simple Packed Lunch of braised chicken drumstick, stewed potato and stir-fried bitter gourd on white rice.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by SYY View Post
    burger-wise i would recommend either burger joint new york (near telok ayer mrt and the entrance is quite hidden in a back alley)..and moosehead (near telok ayer mrt and along the way to burger joint new york)..especially love moosehead's buttery bun!
    Ok, will try it when I am around the area. But now not the time to travel longer distant and risk more exposure to the crowded environment. I just buy from nearby food outlets.
    Last edited by CoralRed; Feb 9th, 20 at 12:48 PM.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

With the increase in number of cases of 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) infection in Singapore, the Government has stepped up risk assessment from DORSCON Yellow to DORSCON Orange on 7th February 2020. So now is not the time to be wandering outside in public places except the very necessity.

Popped over to the coffeeshop opposite my place to pack a quick lunch of Minced Meat Noodles and Fried Dumplings. While many kiasu/kiasi people were emptying the shelves of provision shops and super markets of their stocks of rice, instant noodles and toilet papers.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Round two of Prosperity Toss or lo hei (Cantonese for 捞起). The last yu sheng bought from Sushi Express (爭鮮) did not meet our expectation so it is back to Sakae Sushi (栄寿司). Since there are only three of us, Sis bought the Success Yu Sheng (S$36.88++) which is the smallest portion they had.

After pouring in all the toppings and condiments, it is time to toss the Yu Sheng (魚生) and the three of us tossed for our fortune, health and happiness. The malty and tangy sauce imparted the raw vegetables shredding the much need sweetness and tang while the sesame seeds and crushed peanuts lent their fragrance. The “Gold” or pillow crackers complemented the crisp greens with its crunchiness.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Brother passed mum a box of Durian Mochi which had pure durian puree filling intricately wrapped with a layer of soft and pillowy mochi. Was told to keep frozen after opening the packaging so it went up into the freezer compartment.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Most people have only ever eaten cashew nuts but not how the fruit look like in real life. This is how the Cashew Fruits look like growing on the tree. The cashew tree (Anacardium occidentale) is a tropical evergreen tree that produces the cashew seed and the cashew apple. The tree can grow as high as 14m, is native to Central America, the Caribbean Islands, and northern South America, including northeastern Brazil.

Sis tried roasting her own Cashew Nuts at 150 °C but the nuts don’t seem to brown so she increased the oven temperature to 170 °C resulting in burned, bitter tasting nuts. For the next batch, she stuck to 160 °C and roast them for about 40 minutes.

Image & Info Credit
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Yet another Packed Lunch of bitter gourd and bean curd stuffed with mince pork. A scoop of silky steamed egg custard on top of white rice.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

KFC Singapore is celebrating 2020 with a new flavour - Nyonya Chicken drenched with an aromatic sauce made of coconut, chillies, dried shrimps, curry spices and laksa leaves. My Nyonya Chicken Box (S$10.95) comes with two pieces each of Nyonya Chicken and chicken tenders, regular-size whipped potato and a small fries plus a cup of Sjora Strawberry Kiwi drink. Even before you started digging into the meal, you can smell coconut and spices from the chicken.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Hey bro, how was the taste? Heard that it is just glorified prawn paste chicken

Quote Originally Posted by chaozhouzi View Post
    Hey bro, how was the taste? Heard that it is just glorified prawn paste chicken
    It's does not taste anything like prawn paste chicken. Strong coconut smell and taste plus the spices of course.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Dinner is packed from the economical rice stall in the coffeeshop opposite the road. Chose a servicing each of herbal chicken drumstick, egg tofu and sliced potato over white rice.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122