Page 123 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124 LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 1855
    Went to One Sushi (一口寿司) for their S$0.88 per plate Chinese New Year promotion. Maybe because of the promo, the sushi circulating on the belt weren’t interesting at all. Just took pictures of the Tobiko Gunkan Maki which came in various colours like yellow (yuzu), green (wasabi), black (squid ink) and orange (natural).

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Went out with mum for dinner at the nearby Foodfare food court after doing some grocery shopping at NTUC supermart. She had the Chicken Rice while I went with Economy Rice or Cai Png (菜饭).

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Got this box of Durian Mochi from my brother just before Chinese New Year. After eating a piece or two of it, it was left in the freezer compartment completely forgotten until the holidays were over. Bought a hot bowl of Red Bean Soup and the idea came to me to add the frozen mocha into the hot dessert. Voila! A hot and cold dessert was born!

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

This bowl of Vegetarian Herbal Soup with Rice (S$4.10 for NTUC Union Member) had a herbs based soup with mock meats, mushrooms, black fungus and tau pok (tofu puffs). You can also ask for noodles if you do not want white rice.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

When I want a quick dinner, sushi is the way to go. Got these fabulous Aburi Salmon Bento (S$4 per box) and fatty Salmon Belly Sushi (S$0.50 per piece) at Sushi Express (爭鮮).

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Sis bought a box of 6s Wife Cake (老婆饼) from Hong Kong’s Hang Heung Cake Shop (恒香老饼家) pop-up store at Takashimaya CNY Fair 2020. Legend has it that the biscuit was created by a man who sold them to earn money to buy back his wife, who had sold herself into slavery to afford medicine for her father-in-law.

One piece of Wife Cake (老婆饼) cost S$2.70 and a box of six is S$15. The pastry of the cake or biscuit is so delicate and flaky that a slight knock from my sis against someone causes the pastry to fall apart. The filling inside is that of candied winter melon and is mild in sweetness with a little chewiness to it.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Lunch is a packed Cai Png (菜饭) or Economy Rice from Chong Pang. Stir-fried long bean with squid, steamed egg custard and braised chicken on top of white rice.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Our canteen’s mak cik (aunt in Malay) don’t make this Roti Jala (Lace Pancake) often enough, so when she does make it, us, office workers will buy it from her. The ingredients consist mainly of flour, eggs, milk and a pinch of turmeric. They are combined with water to form a runny batter, then drizzled onto a hot pan in a circular motion. A specialized utensil is often used, resembling a cup with multiple outlets beneath, which aids the creation of the “net-like” effect. It is usually eaten in sets of three to four pieces with curries, especially curry chicken but in this case it was mutton rendang.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

wahsey, can tabao for me?

Quote Originally Posted by chaozhouzi View Post
    wahsey, can tabao for me?
    So many years working there, I only ever noticed she made this dish a few times nia. Think it is tedious to make as only two persons in the kitchen and they have to prepare other dishes too.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

This Braised Duck Set (S$4) was from Yu Kee Duck Rice (友記家傳鴨飯) at the local food court. Comes with braised duck, bean curd, egg, peanuts and salted vegetable plus herbal soup.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Brother went over to Johor Bahru, Malaysia and picked up some snacks from Jire (吉日) which he passed to mum. The first one was Crispy Cream Puffs and came in four flavours - Creamy Salted Egg, Madagascar Vanilla Beans, Uji Matcha and 100% Durian Pulp. I guess you have to eat it on-the-spot as it was not crispy any more.

If you have tried BreakTalk’s Momoji (小松欢), this is just the copycat version of it. Flossy as it is called had a rather crispy chicken floss and came in original and seaweed flavours. I much preferred the soft fluffy pork floss that Momoji uses compared to this which is rougher on the tongue.

Opening the box and lifting up the Durian Towel Roll, it felt wet and limp, maybe from the long trip across the causeway. Slicing myself and mum a piece each, we were dismayed with the sourish tang from within the roll. The durian pulp was fine tasting but the cream seems to have gone bad.

Image Credit
    Last edited by CoralRed; Today at 10:54 AM.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Had to work overtime last Saturday till evening hour. Dropped by to my favourite budget sushi shop - Sushi Express (爭鮮) to purchase a box each of Aburi Salmon (S$4) and Unagi Bento (S$4.80). The torched salmon sushi are semi-cooked and then brushed with sweet sauce, while the grilled freshwater eel is soft and sweet.

Also bought 10 pieces of Salmon Belly Sushi, one each of cooked Octopus Sushi and Lobster Salad Gunkan at S$0.50 per piece. The salmon is lightly torched on the skin leaving the flesh raw. The satisfying taste of fatty salmon at a fraction of the price you paid at restaurants.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Bought this Pandan Swiss Roll (S$4.80) from the newly opened Swee Heng 1989 Signature at Causeway Point. The fragrant pandan (Pandanus amaryllifolius) flavoured cake roll had a layer of cream inside with a subtle hint of milk. Paired it off with my morning break of unsweetened Soya Milk Tea to start off the day.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

for pandan cake my fav is the pandan cheese roll from Bengawan Solo..but the price of it has been steadily increasing (significant) for the past few years
    Way Of The Dragon: From a distance - 20 paddlers move in perfect rhythm to a muted drum beat, gracefully skimming the water's surface. Up close - determined grunts and strained sinews with oars in grip, dig vigorously into the water. The majestic head of the dragon fronts this contraption but the real heart lies just behind it, at the apex of the bow. Like a conductor of an orchestra, the drummer leads his crew with the calculated beat of his drum. Such is the realm of dragon boating.

Rig Overhaul! 20/06/2014:
    | Asrock B85M Pro 4 + Intel i5 4460 Haswell | Zotac GTX760 AMP! Edtn GDDR5 2GB | G.Skill RipJaws-X DDR3-1600 CL9 4GB x 2 | Toshiba 2TB SATA3 | Crucial MX100 128GB SATA3 | Western Digital 320GB SATA2 | LG SATA 20x DVDRW | FSP Aurum S Gold 600W | Lian Li PC007AIM |

Page 123 of 124 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124 LastLast