Page 129 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 1949
    BreadTalk’s new and improved Apple Worm (S$2.20) is now back bigger and better, filled with chunkier apple cubes for a juicier bite! This apple-tising “worm” is sweet, releasing bursts of tartness and hint of cinnamon as you slowly chomp along the ringed length of it. Such a satisfying treat on a restless afternoon…

Last edited by CoralRed; May 18th, 20 at 11:35 AM.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Home cooked Malabar Spinach or Ceylon Spinach with canned abalones. In Mandarin, we called it 帝王苗 (帝皇苗) and its scientific name is Basella alba. This vegetable is rich in antioxidants, vitamins A and C, iron and calcium. Mum simply stir-fried it with minced pork, tomato and abalones in oyster sauce.

For my dinner, a slice of fried Salmon Steak along with a portion of the stir-fried spinach and a scoop of brown & white rice mix. Love that crispy skin of the salmon and that not too rubbery abalones. And not forgetting the veggies which add to the daily dietary fibre.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Bengawan Solo may be famous for their Pandan Chiffon Cake but this Pineapple Bolu Cake (S$8.80) is really moist and packed with fruity fragrant of the tropical fruit. Sandwiched between three layers of sponge cake are two spreads of pineapple jam with bits of the fruit itself. With every bite, the cavity of your mouth is filled with sweet tangy pineapple taste.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

With the extension of circuit breaker in Singapore to 1st June 2020, it could only mean more Takeout Food to come. Mum wanted something light, so I picked for her stir-fried kang kong (water spinach), peanuts & Ikan bilis (dried anchovies) and egg tofu from the Economy Rice or Cai Png (菜饭) stall. For me, I must have at least one meat protein so I chose a piece of boneless fried chicken and egg tofu.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

More of my favourite Chocolate Croissants from BreadTalk. There is something to this delicious, flaky layered pastry with a buttery flavour that attracted me to it. Or maybe, it could even be that fragrant dark chocolate coating studded with almond flakes and covered with powdered sugar that drew me to it. Either way, this is such a sweet treat at any time of the day.

People often think of France when they hear mention of the Croissant, but Austria is the true country of birth for this famous pastry though it was known as Kipferl in the country. Nothing is more satisfying on a lazy morning, munching on the buttery sweet pastry and sipping on a cup of low sugar hot Soya Milk Tea.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Stay at home Dinner is home cooked pork ribs soup with mushroom meat balls, boiled pork meat, stir-fried asparagus with chicken meat and mushroom. All these over a small helping of mixed brown and white rice.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Stocked up on dim sum from Ho Kee Pau (和记包) to tie us over the extended circuit breaker meant to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus. This Big Pork Pau or bun in English is filled with coarsely chopping pork, scallion, turnip and a quarter of an egg. The meat is juicy and the turnip gave it the crunch texture along with the fluffy soft bun.

Biting into one of these Shrimp & Chives Dumplings lets you experience the freshness of the sea (prawn) and the sweetness of the land (pork) along with a light breeze of spiciness from the chives. Dipped it into the sweet chilli sauce and I am in heaven.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

It has been a long while since I last ate a bowl of instant noodles. Sis made me this bowl of Singapore Laksa La Mian with a fragrant coconut milk based curry soup. But instead of the usual toppings of prawns, tau pok (dried beancurd puff) and fishcake slices, she pan-fried Otak-otak and Onion Omelette.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Tonight we are having takeout meal again, this time from the Zi Char (煮炒) stall near to my place. Mum actually wanted her Mongolian Chicken (蒙古鸡) but alas, the stall ran out of chicken drumettes. The staff recommended me the boneless Mongolian Pork Ribs (蒙古排骨) done in the same style as the chicken. Ordered a medium portion (S$18) since there are 3 of us.

The next two dishes are all vegetable items like the dry style stir-fried String Beans with Dried Shrimp (干煸虾米四季豆) which still retained the crunchiness of the beans but with added fragrant of the minced shrimps. This small portion is priced rather dearly at S$10 which is the case when ordering vegetable dishes at these stalls. It is actually more economical to order meat dishes than veggies. Strange but true.

Next dish is the spicy Sambal Kang Kong (马来风光) aka water spinach or water morning glory depending on your locale. A big bunch of this vegetable can be had for a couple of dollars at the wet markets but this cost me S$8. I have discussed this observation with my colleagues and we came to one conclusion. Since the price of meats/seafood in Singapore are already quite high, the sellers can’t price them much higher or risk alienating the average consumers. So they sells the lower priced items higher and make more profit to even out the earnings.

My stall bought Dinner with home cooked white rice. Love the creamy sweet flavours of the pork which are tender and juicy. The string beans were so yummy with basically just two ingredients if you don’t count the oil and condiments. Kang kong is tender with a spicy kick from the sambal. Overall, a good meal for the night.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Sis made these Sausage Wraps for breakfast and lunch on different days. She boiled the chicken bockwurst, sweated the onion and fried an egg before assembling it with a slice of cheese then drizzled with sweet chilli sauce and honey mustard.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Sis bought the Emperor Herbs Chicken Spices mix to cook herbal chicken. The previous day, she marinated the chicken, wrapped it in the provided plastic sheet then sealed it in aluminum foil and left it in the fridge overnight. In the morning, she steamed the package for 30 minutes then transferred it to the thermal cooker and let it slowly tenderized in the residual heat.

A few hours before dinner time, she took out the chicken to re-steam it before returning the package back to the thermal cooker to keep warm. Here is the Herbal Chicken just before we devoured it.

My Dinner with the super tender and herby chicken. Drizzling the essence of the chicken and herbs that gathered underneath over the rice brings out the full flavours of this dish. Of course you got to have some plant-based fibre so here is the stir-fried Bok Choy (Xiao Bai Cai) with ikan bilis (dried anchovies) and garlic.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

This simple lunch was done chop-chop using whatever ingredients are in the fridge and pantry. Home cooked Porridge meal with stir-fried Cabbage, Pork Belly & Tomato and a fried egg.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Another day, another meal. It’s the same Porridge lunch with yesterday’s leftover Cabbage, Pork Belly & Tomato stir-fry. Added another dish of Caramelized Onions with Shabu Shabu Pork & Ham to it.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Magnolia just released a limited edition Brown Sugar & Sea Salt Flavoured Milk (S$4.50 for 1L carton) that blends Magnolia Fresh Milk with the robust brown sugar fragrance and a hint of sea salt to create the perfect balance unlike any other. What’s more, it’s made with natural ingredients, high in calcium, low-fat and low in sugar. The product has also been awarded with the Healthier Choice Symbol by the Health Promotion Board. Now for the taste test. This luscious cup of milk actually tasted like Chendol and level of sweetness is just right, not too saccharine for me.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Quote Originally Posted by CoralRed View Post
    Magnolia just released a limited edition Brown Sugar & Sea Salt Flavoured Milk (S$4.50 for 1L carton) that blends Magnolia Fresh Milk with the robust brown sugar fragrance and a hint of sea salt to create the perfect balance unlike any other. What’s more, it’s made with natural ingredients, high in calcium, low-fat and low in sugar. The product has also been awarded with the Healthier Choice Symbol by the Health Promotion Board. Now for the taste test. This luscious cup of milk actually tasted like Chendol and level of sweetness is just right, not too saccharine for me.
    wah i have searching for this for a couple of days..but the price is a bit on the high side
    Way Of The Dragon: From a distance - 20 paddlers move in perfect rhythm to a muted drum beat, gracefully skimming the water's surface. Up close - determined grunts and strained sinews with oars in grip, dig vigorously into the water. The majestic head of the dragon fronts this contraption but the real heart lies just behind it, at the apex of the bow. Like a conductor of an orchestra, the drummer leads his crew with the calculated beat of his drum. Such is the realm of dragon boating.

Rig Overhaul! 20/06/2014:
    | Asrock B85M Pro 4 + Intel i5 4460 Haswell | Zotac GTX760 AMP! Edtn GDDR5 2GB | G.Skill RipJaws-X DDR3-1600 CL9 4GB x 2 | Toshiba 2TB SATA3 | Crucial MX100 128GB SATA3 | Western Digital 320GB SATA2 | LG SATA 20x DVDRW | FSP Aurum S Gold 600W | Lian Li PC007AIM |

Page 129 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130 LastLast