Page 130 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 1988
    Taking advantage of the current 50% off each pizza, I ordered Pizza Hut delivery for two large pan pizza from their specialty range for dinner. The first is Seafood Deluxe (S$19.20) with marinated prawns and squid in spices plus tuna flakes.

Next is the meatless pizza, Wild About Mushrooms (S$19.20) with a medley of fresh mushrooms topped with cherry tomatoes and cream cheese on a creamy alfredo sauce.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Breakfast is juicy boiled Korean Mandu or Pork & Vegetable Dumplings with Corn on the Cob. On the side is a little of our home made chilli mix blend to go with the dumplings.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by SYY View Post
    wah i have searching for this for a couple of days..but the price is a bit on the high side
    Blend an avocado with this milk and it is so nice.

Yeah, price a little expensive considering it is just brown sugar and milk with a little bit of salt.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Quote Originally Posted by CoralRed View Post
    Blend an avocado with this milk and it is so nice.

Yeah, price a little expensive considering it is just brown sugar and milk with a little bit of salt.
    probably waiting for the hype to die down then consider buying it..hope the price wont stay too high like those almond milk
    Way Of The Dragon: From a distance - 20 paddlers move in perfect rhythm to a muted drum beat, gracefully skimming the water's surface. Up close - determined grunts and strained sinews with oars in grip, dig vigorously into the water. The majestic head of the dragon fronts this contraption but the real heart lies just behind it, at the apex of the bow. Like a conductor of an orchestra, the drummer leads his crew with the calculated beat of his drum. Such is the realm of dragon boating.

Rig Overhaul! 20/06/2014:
    | Asrock B85M Pro 4 + Intel i5 4460 Haswell | Zotac GTX760 AMP! Edtn GDDR5 2GB | G.Skill RipJaws-X DDR3-1600 CL9 4GB x 2 | Toshiba 2TB SATA3 | Crucial MX100 128GB SATA3 | Western Digital 320GB SATA2 | LG SATA 20x DVDRW | FSP Aurum S Gold 600W | Lian Li PC007AIM |

These Cowhead cookies seem to be popular with the consumers as I usually encountered empty shelves trying to buy some. So far I have tried two of the flavours - Cappuccino Butter Cookies and Durian Oat Butter Cookies.

First impression, the Green Tea Butter Cookies (S$2.10++ each or S$3.45++ for any two) are more latte tasting as conveyed via the cup of tea rather than the wordings themselves. It presented a much stronger milk aftertaste than offered, as opposed to the plain green tea leaves only drink. The flavour does taste a little artificial though as noted by both me and my sister.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Quote Originally Posted by SYY View Post
    probably waiting for the hype to die down then consider buying it..hope the price wont stay too high like those almond milk
    But it said limited edition only so there may not be any left.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Picked these dishes of deep-fried pork marinated in fermented bean curd, French fries & hotdog in sweet sauce and braised egg tofu for my Lunch with a helping of white rice.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Home cooked Dinner of curry chicken and a side of stir-fried broccoli with pork belly over mixed brown and white rice. No potato in the curry as we ran out of stock.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Next day Breakfast was leftover curry chicken and a few slices of soft white bread. Simple yet fulfilling for the first meal of the day.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Tonight’s Takeaway Dinner from the Tze Char (煮炒) stall across the road. We started off with the Hotplate Tofu (S$10) with just six pieces of egg tofu and a couple of prawns. Pretty expensive, I will tell you.

The Prawn Paste Chicken (虾酱鸡) aka Har Cheong Gai (in Cantonese) at S$15 is at least reasonably priced. This deep-fried mid wing chicken is crispy, succulent and fragrant though some might be put off by the pungent smell of the fermented prawn paste marinate.

We love the String Beans with Dried Shrimp (干煸虾米四季豆) at S$10 for a small portion, which has ample crispy minced dried shrimp giving the beans the umami taste. This is one of the few vegetable dishes that I really enjoy.

We cooked our own Mixed Brown & White Rice to go with the stall bought dishes. The fluffy rice goes well with the three dishes for a satisfying dinner.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

This Garlic Ficelle from Country Brot by Four Leaves is to die for. Salty, buttery and garlicky without being too greasy plus it is crunchy on the outside and soft inside. Best of all, it is just S$2.20 for a big loaf. I washed down this French bread with a cup of chilled Honey Lime Drink.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

I like the Kung Pao Chicken (宫保鸡丁) from the Economy Rice or Cai Png (菜饭) stall near my place. I will usually pick it over the other chicken dishes because of the flavours and light spicy taste. Today I paired it with French fries & hotdog in sweet sauce and a serving of Bok Choy (Xiao Bai Cai).

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

When mum prepares her stewed bamboo shoots, she would soaks slightly more than required. Because after slicing away those blemished parts, the resulting amount left will be considerably lesser depending on how much was trimmed off. This plate of Spicy Bamboo Shoot with Chicken was whipped up in no time with our home-made chilli blend.

Together with Pumpkin Brown & White Rice, chilli bamboo shoots & chicken with a serving of stir-fried mix of Bok Choy (Xiao Bai Cai) & Kailan (Chinese Kale). This is my home-cooked dinner for the night.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

With the circuit breaker in place, even going to the wet market is a chore as one can only go when the last digit (odd or even) of your identity card matches the odd or even numbers of the month. Say your last digit is 6, then you can only go on even days of the month. Going to the supermarkets isn’t any better as one have to queue to go in due to crowd control measure in place. So we ordered our seafood online and get the shop to deliver it to our house. Here we have frozen whole Saba Fish (Atlantic Mackerel). Was supposed to pan fry it but mum deep-fried them instead. Luckily, the fish was crispy on the outside and still juicy inside.

For the Unagi (Freshwater Eel), we grilled it in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 160°C. The flesh was soft and tender but found it a little too sweet for me.

For my Dinner, I added a small serving of stir-fried Bok Choy (Xiao Bai Cai) with minced pork to the fried saba fish and a portion of the grilled eel. Ate them all with some mixed pumpkin brown & white rice.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

A bowl of Mee Sua (面线) soup with a poached egg and shrimp wontons. This is a very thin variety of salted noodles made from wheat flour. The noodles differ from Bee Hoon (rice vermicelli) and cellophane noodles in that those varieties are made from rice and mung beans, respectively. Mee Sua is cooked during important festivities and eaten in many Asian countries. Mee Sua signifies long life in Chinese culture and as such is a traditional birthday food. My fond memory of mum cooking a bowl of this noodles with a poached egg for my birthdays when I was young.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Page 130 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132 ... LastLast