Page 133 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2002
    The Traditional Salty Dumpling (S$3.50) from Kim Choo Kueh Chang (金珠肉粽) is basically the same as the Traditional Salty Dumpling with Salted Egg minus the egg yolk. It is filled with dried shiitake mushrooms, pieces of fatty pork and also a chestnut hidden somewhere in all the stuffing.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Received this Kim Choo Kueh Chang (金珠肉粽) traditional Salty Dumpling with Salted Egg from my brother-in-law. Found the rice mushy. From your photos, the rice looks soft and mushy.

Quote Originally Posted by chaozhouzi View Post
    Received this Kim Choo Kueh Chang (金珠肉粽) traditional Salty Dumpling with Salted Egg from my brother-in-law. Found the rice mushy. From your photos, the rice looks soft and mushy.
    Yep, it is mushy.

If we make the dumplings ourselves, mum typically just boil it like 1.5 - 2hrs and she make sure the bamboo leaves are wrapped securely so excess water don't cause the rice to be mushy. Unfortunately, mum don't make them any more.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

It is Lunch time again and here is my pack of rice with stir-fried bitter gourd (Momordica charantia), French fries & hotdogs with a big piece of crispy fried boneless chicken thigh.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Pizza Hut was dangling their Ramadan offer for 3 regular pizzas for S$33++ so we just had to grab it since mum did not cook that day. The first one my camera “ate” (took photo) was Cheese ‘N’ Chic with roasted chicken chunks, herbs, cheese mix, parsley, pineapple chunks and mushrooms.

Next one up was Ocean Delight pizza with squid, tuna, mushrooms, onions and capsicum on a thick crusted dough. I will usually top-up for the Seafood Deluxe which included marinated prawns but decided not to as doctor ordered mum to keep away from prawns/shrimps for a while.

The third and last pizza was Chic Ham 'N’ Shroom topped with plenty of chicken ham, mushrooms and of course lots of cheese.

There was this Chendol Cake (S$5++) on the menu so we got one piece to try. Opening the paper box revealed a smallish flat block of green-coloured confection topped with desiccated coconut. It had the fragrance of pandan and coconut but lacked one important chendol ingredient – Gula Melaka (Palm Sugar) so this dessert tasted rather lackluster.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Enjoyed the Traditional Salty Dumpling with Salted Egg (S$4) from Kim Choo Kueh Chang (金珠肉粽). Their five-spice powder blend mixed into the glutinous rice was pleasant tasting with none of the sharp pungent flavours associated with some of their competitors. Also lovely are their use of fatty pork rather than the cheaper and leaner cuts of the meat as the fat is rendered into the rice bundle during cooking for a more flavourful dumpling.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Our home-cooked Baked Macaroni and Cheese lunch with canned sardines, sliced shiitake mushrooms and tomato sauce topped with stringy and gooey mozzarella.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Dry Duck Kway Teow or flat rice noodles (粿條/河粉) for mum with extra duck meat. This dish is drizzled with the braising gravy from the duck as the rice noodles themselves are rather bland if eaten without it.

For my Vegetarian Rice, I picked mock versions of curry mutton and chilli squid with braised bean curd skin & black fungus. The flour-made mutton had fibres just like the real thing except for the gamey flavour of the sheep. The squid is cooked with petai (Parkia speciosa) and dried beancurd puff and is actually quite spicy.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

BreadTalk launches “Rainbow-inspired” Baked Goods Featuring a colourful bun with four surprise fillings. The Rainbow Joy (S$2 each) is made from natural fruit and vegetable extracts such as dragon fruit, beetroot, spinach, carrots and purple sweet potato, with no artificial colouring.

• Char Siew (雨后彩虹) – Brings You Happiness
    • Pumpkin Walnut (辉煌人生) – Gives You Hope
    • Chocolate (经历风雨) – Gives You Confidence
    • Salted Egg Lava (回味往事) – Brings You Comfort

Only for 4th and 5th July 2020, when you deck yourselves in any two colours of the rainbow (Colours include red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, or violet), you get to enjoy a 1 for 1 promotion on the Rainbow Joy buns. Limited to 3 sets (6 buns) per customer, while stock last. And whatever filling or “feeling” you get is completely left to chance/luck.

Frankly speaking, without the 1 for 1 promotion, each bun costed S$2 which is rather expensive for a small baked goods, however rainbow coloured it is. If I wanted a colourful bun, I would go for Just Dough, their items are priced reasonably and bigger in size.
    Last edited by CoralRed; Jul 5th, 20 at 08:31 PM.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Our Asian version of Carrot Cake or Turnip Cake (菜头粿) made from steamed rice flour, water, and shredded white daikon. Those shown in the picture had been pan-fried for a more fragrant and crispy texture. If you followed the link, it will lead you to another way of utilizing this carrot cake which is the very popular Chai Tow Kway (Fried Carrot Cake). It comes in two styles, a sweetish black version and a savoury white dish flavoured with fish sauce.

Another favourite dim sum dish is this Crispy Shrimp Dumplings (明虾角) filled with prawn paste and chopped prawns enclosed in wonton wrapper then deep fried. Usually served with a dollop of mayonnaise for you to dip in.

Image Credit
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

More of the home-cooked Baked Macaroni and Cheese with sardines, sliced shiitake mushrooms and tomato sauce topped with stringy and gooey mozzarella baked to shades of golden brown.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Specifically asked for the Mongolian Chicken because mum love it but the staff mistakenly keyed in Prawn Paste Chicken (虾酱鸡) for my order. Doesn’t matters it was the wrong order as we sink our teeth into this deliciously flavoured, crispy battered chicken. This medium serving size portion is priced at S$15 which is more than enough to share between the three of us.

The fluffy Fu Rong Omelette (芙蓉蛋) (S$8) is beaten eggs with a medley of ingredients like barbecue pork (Cha Siu), shrimps, spring onion (scallion) and onion. At least these are the typical ingredients used by local Tze Char (煮炒) stalls in Singapore.

Young tender leaves are used in this Sambal Sweet Potato Leaves (叁峇番薯叶) (S$8). If using the older leaves, you will need to peel off the tough membrane covering the stems. In US, the sweet potato leaf is marketed as Yam Leaf.

Paired the crispy and succulent har cheong gai, egg and the vegetable with home-cooked white rice. The spicy sweet potato leaves went so well with the rice as does the fluffy omelette for a satisfying Dinner.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Hi bro, You are repeating yourself. Same set of photos too. Your zi char stall always mixing up your order. This order mixup happened last year IIRC. If you frequent it, the staff should know your favourite dish by now.

Quote Originally Posted by chaozhouzi View Post
    Hi bro, You are repeating yourself. Same set of photos too. Your zi char stall always mixing up your order. This order mixup happened last year IIRC. If you frequent it, the staff should know your favourite dish by now.
    Problem is their staffs also keep changing. Last time that batch of staffs was the best, now is totally new staffs.

I got repeat the photos? Or you mean I ordered the same dishes? Cause mum not keen to try new dishes. She only want the same few dishes.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Quote Originally Posted by CoralRed View Post
    Problem is their staffs also keep changing. Last time that batch of staffs was the best, now is totally new staffs. I got repeat the photos? Or you mean I ordered the same dishes? Cause mum not keen to try new dishes. She only want the same few dishes.
    I was referring the photos. My bad. I must have seen these photos on your buffetlicious.tumblr.com. Did a search on VR forum and couldn't find these photos.

Page 133 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134 LastLast