Page 135 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136 LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2031
    This is one of the better vegetarian stall I have came across. They sells a wide range of dishes and also the base staples on which you add the dishes to like noodles and even fried rice. For example if you are ordering the noodles or fried rice which are already savoury, you don’t have to order many dishes to accompany it. Here is my Breakfast with a cup/bag of less sweet milk tea.

Since I chose the plain white rice option, I picked three dishes to go with it. Besides the usual curry mock mutton & potato and the braised bean curd skin with black fungus which I enjoyed, I have added a piece of crispy vegetable fritter to it to complete my Vegetarian Rice meal.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

A herbal chicken drumstick, potato stew and scrambled egg with rice is what I had for Dinner. This is the typical cai png (菜饭) meal during the stuck-at-home circuit breaker period when mum or sis is not doing the cooking.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

It is nice to be able to give oneself a treat once in a while like indulging in these frozen Double Fantasy Cream Puffs (S$1.90 each) from Chateraise. And no, I only had one sweet treat, the other one was for mum.

On the left is the original Double Fantasy and at the right, Double Fantasy Caramel. I guess the reason it was called Double Fantasy was because the puff consisted of two different flavoured layers of cream.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

When we talk about noodles in Singapore, most westerns will have the impression of thin vermicelli-like noodles which you soaks in hot water to hydrate it. But in fact we do have a whole lots more to offer beside those dehydrated stuffs. Here, I am showing you just two types but if you follow this link, you will see that there are many varieties of fresh and dried noodles. Both mum and sis asked for the Specialty Meatball Noodle (特制肉圆面) but sis chose Mee Pok (Thick Yellow Noodles) while mum picked Mee Kia (Thin Yellow Noodles). Each bowl came with four pieces of Fuzhou Fish Ball (福州鱼丸) made from fish with a minced pork filling.

Me, I went with my Roasted Chicken Rice with Roasted Pork. They deboned the drumstick for me so it is easier to eat with the flavoured rice. Love the crunchy skin of the roasted pork and the meat is fatty enough to keep it moist.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Another simple home-cooked Dinner with slices of boiled pork belly drizzled with soya sauce and some home-blended chilli paste to give it flavours. For the vegetable dish, stir-fried long beans (Vigna unguiculata subsp. sesquipedalis) with shrimps.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

A breakfast set comprising of a slice each of Coffee Roll and Pineapple Bolu Cake with a handful of almonds and macadamia nuts. Enjoyed the sweet treats while sipping on a cup of unsweetened black tea.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Instead of the usual steamed white rice, we had the savoury Glutinous Rice with chicken and mushroom. Plus an additional dish of stir-fried Spicy Chicken & Black Fungus using boneless chicken thigh meat.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

More of my pack of Vegetarian Rice with curry mock mutton & potato, spicy mock squids and braised bean curd skin over white rice. See, this cube of imitation mutton even has “meat” fibres just like the real thing and it tasted good too.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

First you met the Carrot Cake (菜头粿) then you got to know the cousin, the Yam Cake (芋头糕). Finally, I will introduce you to the newest member in the family, the Pumpkin Cake (金瓜糕) on the right. Just ignore the over fried yam cakes on the left.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

The three of us each had a different dish starting from mum’s Hor Fun (河粉) which is actually a wide Chinese noodle made from rice. Also known as Kway Teow locally. Typical ingredients used are prawns, sliced pork, fishcake slices and beaten egg in addition to the noodle.

Sis had her Sweet & Sour Pork Rice (咕嚕肉饭) with cucumber, green capsicum or bell pepper and onion over white rice.

Me, just the usual Economy Rice (菜饭) with a side of green vegetable, spicy mapo tofu (麻婆豆腐) and kung pao chicken (宫保鸡丁) with rice.

Last edited by CoralRed; Jul 31st, 20 at 09:37 AM.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Home-cooked Macaroni with slices of pork and mushroom in tomato sauce. And to top it off, two pieces of pork & vegetable dumplings with home-made chilli paste.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Home-cooked Pork Ribs & Black Fungus Soup with fried bean curd puff and mixed brown & white rice. Added a Poached Egg into the soup to complete the meal.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

All Meat Brunch of roasted duck drumstick, roasted crispy pork and braised chicken over a serving of flavoured rice. Now, I just need to drizzle over the chilli sauce to start tucking in.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Sis made this Green Bean Sago for dessert using green beans, pandan leaves (Pandanus amaryllifolius), brown sugar and sago pearls. As she couldn’t find the smaller sago pearls due to the circuit breaker in place so she just added fewer of the larger pearls.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Mum’s go to dish at LeNu Chef Wai’s Noodle Bar (樂牛私房面家) is their S$11.50++ thick rice vermicelli version of their Braised Beef Tendon Dry Noodle (红烧牛筋干捞面). The bowl is filled with beef tendon, crunchy peanuts & crispy anchovies, salted vegetable, bean sprouts and scallion. Normally, she could not finish the whole bowl as the portion is a little too much for her.

As for sis, her Braised Pork Rib with Scallion Noodle (葱烧猪软骨煨面) at S$10.50++ has pork ribs that are slow cooked to a tender bite. She opted for the ramen noodles which absorbed all the wonderful flavours of the braising sauce.

The Braised Beef Combination Noodle (红烧牛三宝面) (S$15.50++) that I had come packed separately from the broth so the ramen noodles won’t go soggy. The wagyu beef, tendon and shank meat are all so tender and full of flavours. I asked for the pickled vegetable which also cut down the richness of the overall dish.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Page 135 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136 LastLast