Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1494
    Fresh Berries & Fruits Yoghurt - Swapped out my premixed fruit based low fat yoghurt cups and replaced it with non-fat and no sugar added natural yoghurt. Added fresh berries and cubed fruits for a healthier diet.

Latest Makan's pictures:

A hot afternoon lunch at Sankai Japanese Restaurant
    What did you eat today?
    Family gathering at Gim Tim Restaurant

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Bother dropped by to pass mum a box of Yuan Taste Taiwan Traditional Cake (圆味古早味蛋糕) he bought in Johor Bahru. Originally he intended to get their hot seller Chicken Floss flavour but alas, it was sold out so he bought the Almond Cranberry Castella Cake instead. There is actually a branch in Jurong Gateway but of course due the exchange rate, it is much cheaper across the causeway. Mum love the light fluffy texture with its sweet bursts of cranberries and crunchy almond flakes.

Latest Makan's pictures:

What did you eat today?

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Recently both me and mum are addicted to the Garlic Ficelle from Country Brot by Four Leaves. The fragrant garlicy aroma, hot from the oven attracted many customers to buy it. You literally have to be on the spot to grab them as this sells like hot cakes. Freshly baked, the gold brown loaf has a crispy exterior and chewy centre with a nice buttery garlic taste. I can easily finish the whole loaf by myself. Yes, it’s that good; the fact that they do not add sugar to the garlic butter spread, makes it even better.

Latest Makan's pictures:

What did you eat today?

Kaya Butter Toast Set from Ya Kun Kaya Toast (亚坤加椰面包) because I had a discount voucher for it. Normally I would not patronize this establishment as I can get the same thing at half the price elsewhere.

Latest Makan's pictures:

What did you eat today?

Sister’s friend recommended Farmhouse Peppermint Chocolate Flavoured Milk saying that it is nice. It tasted exactly like the chocolate peppermint sweets we are all so used to. Try it for a refreshing change to the “dull” chocolate milk but grab it before it’s gone cause it is marketed as a limited edition kind of product.

Last edited by CoralRed; Nov 26th, 18 at 08:36 PM.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

What did you eat today?

Today’s treat is from BreadTalk, from their Taste of Taiwan collection of breads, toasts and cakes. The Earl Grey Bubble Tea Bun (伯爵珍奶) featured earl grey tea-infused dough filled with earl grey tea-infused cream and pearls. That wafer roll sticking up the bun gave the impression of a straw in the cup or in this case, bun. The texture of the pearls were more toward jelly-like than the chewy bites we are used to in the bubble tea drink version and the wafer roll was no longer crispy. So, was the S$1.90 well spent? Let’s say I rather top up more to get the drink instead.

Latest Makan's pictures:

What did you eat today?

Redeemed the Black Sugar Ai-Yu Special (招牌黑糖爱玉冻) from Nine Fresh (九鲜) today as my reward card is expiring end of the month. Aiyu is a jelly made from the gel from the seeds of the awkeotsang creeping fig (Ficus pumila var. awkeotsang) found in Taiwan and East Asian countries.

Latest Makan's pictures:

What did you eat today?

I ate oatmeal with some cut fruit. I am on a diet as i gained some weight. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It helps you to work efficiently for the rest of the day. You can also take some protein shakes if you want to really take care of your body.

Nothing beats having a refreshing bowl of ice cold dessert like this Red Bean and Nata de coco Ice.

Latest Makan's pictures:

What did you eat today?

Dinner is done at our usual haunt - Astons Specialities. Tried their Chargrilled Salmon Fillet for the first time but I still preferred it done sashimi style. Paired it off with tasty rice and potato wedges which came piping hot.

Latest Makan's pictures:

What did you eat today?

I hope I have not bored you with my healthy low fat and no added sugar Yogurt Fruits Snack. Trying my food styling skill to make the pictures visually more appealing and at the same time, appetizing.

Latest Makan's pictures:

What did you eat today?

Just tried BreadTalk’s Lemon Leaf - sugar-sprinkled multilayered pastry skins with spurts of citrus freshness from the lemon veins. It was a little too sweet for my liking and not as crispy as I thought it would be, maybe due to being left out on the tray for a wee bit longer or it absorbed moisture from the “veins”.

Latest Makan's pictures:

What did you eat today?

Located at Woodlands MRT Station, Sushi Take-Out (争鲜) offers wallet-friendly priced sushi at 50 cents apiece. They used to have a wide range of these budget sushi including the Ikura sushi but have since scaled back the varieties. Instead, they now sell prepacked sushi sets, of which I am particularly fond of their Aburi Salmon (Seared/Torched Salmon).

Latest Makan's pictures:

What did you eat today?

Grass Jelly Special (黑糖芦荟仙草冻) with aloe vera pearl jelly, black sugar jelly dice, milk ball and taro balls. I also asked for a serving of red bean at S$0.40 extra on top of the dessert price of S$2.30. Unlike the locally available glass jelly, this Taiwan version from Nine Fresh (九鲜) has a bouncier texture which I much preferred. It is made using the Platostoma palustre plant (a member of the mint family) and has a mild, slightly bitter taste.

Glass Jelly (仙草) here in Singapore is usually served as a drink in which it is shredded thinly; mixed with syrup water and serve chilled. Another way of enjoying it is to add the (black) glass jelly to the (white) soya bean drink and calling it Michael Jackson; a reference to Michael Jackson’s changing skin colour and/or the song “Black or White”.

Latest Makan's pictures:

What did you eat today?

Had this sitting in the fridge for months before I finally drank it. Premium Morning Tea by Suntory, a new transparent milk tea drink from Japan had everyone talking about it when it was launched here in Singapore late last year. It actually tasted quite similar to regular bottled or canned milk tea but curiosity aside, I won’t be buying it again due to the premium price over the regular ones.

Latest Makan's pictures:

What did you eat today?

Page 99 of 100 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100 LastLast