Page 110 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111 LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1657
    Gyoza-Ya (餃子屋) is a casual Japanese dining restaurant that specialized in Japanese dumplings. My colleague recommended this place to me for their super tender pork. So I brought along mum to get her to try out new dishes beside her favourite beef noodle. Flipping through the menu on the tablet, she chose the Kakuni Tonkatsu Donburi (S$18.80) which comes with a large piece of crispy pork cutlet, two pieces of pork belly and stewed carrot on a bowl of rice. It is accompanied with three gyoza, free flow Japanese salad and a soup.

As for me, I picked the Gyu Kakuni Donburi (S$20.80) which has thin stir-fried slices of beef, two pieces of pork belly and stewed carrot on a bed of rice. The beef was seasoned well without being overcooked. The highlight was the tender pork belly which disintegrated in your mouth with barely any chewing at all. The gyoza was a moist and flavourful addition to the already great meal.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Going to Chinatown, one got to visit Tian Jin Fong Kee (天津冯记) at People’s Park Complex Food Centre to try their Pan Fried Dumplings (锅贴) or Potstickers. Equally delicious is their juicy Steamed Pork and Chive Dumplings (蒸饺子).

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

These tau sar piahs or the English way of calling them - puffs, are from Hanis Café & Bakery, the halal sister company of Han’s Café & Cake House. Both the Sweet Green Bean Puffs (S$1.20 each) and the Yam Puffs (S$1.40 each) tasted just as good as the Chinese counterpart though these doesn’t incorporated pork lard in their recipes. They are also not sickening sweet as some Malays desserts tended to be.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Walnut & Cheese Bun from Country Brot in Northpoint City is packed with cheese cubes and crunchy walnut bits.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Sis and her friend bought these Durians from Balestier/Whampoa. The first batch cost S$10 per durian and you get one free for every 5 durians bought. Comes in five boxes but sister’s friend took two boxes away.

Next day, sis bought another two boxes of Durians at S$20 because the S$10 one was sold out. Not as good as the first batch but still decent enough for us, especially mum.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

wah ur durian photos make me saliva drooling siah

Mum packed this Lunch for me from her daily commute to the wet market. It has steamed fish fillet, broccoli and stir-fried bitter gourd with fried fish head.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

It’s weekend again so we are off hunting for some new place to try the food. Came to this Sembawang Traditional Claypot Rice (三巴旺原味沙煲饭) which is located just a stone’s throw away from the famous Sembawang White Bee Hoon on opposite end of the block. The shop offers local zi char dishes and claypot rice in a non-air conditioned coffeeshop which can be quite a warm environment to dine in so we started off with two cold Barley Drinks.

Ordered the medium portion of their signature Traditional Claypot Rice (S$13.80), good enough for two persons. Was told the cooking time would be around 25 minutes since it only cook on order. The rice came sizzling hot from the stove with chunks of chicken, slices of lap cheong (Chinese sausage) and vegetables. Drizzled the thick black sauce then gave the rice a thorough mix. The rice was smoky and fragrant but a little light on the seasonings. The burst of saltiness from the bits of salted fish in every mouthful and the tender chicken pieces made up for the blandness.

It could have been a wonderful dish but the Crispy Salted Egg Squid (S$12.80) spent a little too long in the wok so the texture was rubbery at best. The saving grace was that the chef is not stingy with the salted egg yolk and the sauce had the right balance of the characteristic saltiness with a hint of sweetness to it.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Molten Chocolate Bun from the local bakery. Maybe because I ate this bun at room temperature, the molten chocolate sauce is not as oozing as I thought it would be. Nonetheless, it was still a pretty decent snack.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

McDonald’s just launched the green tea line of soft serve ice creams. Got myself a Matcha Cone which had gone up by S$0.10 to S$1.10. Not sure if it’s just for this flavour or the price increase is permanent. The green tea taste is there but it’s not as strong I want it to be. Next flavour, please.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Since we only had 45 minutes for lunch, I typically had it in the office’s canteen. This Nasi Lemak came with fried chicken thigh, egg, anchovies (ikan bilis) and roasted peanuts. Of course the spicy sweet sambal sauce is a must to go along.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Laksa is a spicy noodle soup popular in Peranakan cuisine of Southeast Asia. Laksa consists of thick wheat noodles or rice vermicelli with chicken, prawn or fish, served in spicy soup based on either rich and spicy curry coconut milk or on sour asam (tamarind or gelugur). The typical Singapore Laksa comes with tau pok (dried beancurd puff), fishcake and blood cockles topped with finely chopped laksa leaves (Persicaria odorata).

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

When I don’t know what to eat for dinner, sushi is the way to go. Picked up this Classic Salmon Set (S$5.50) with salmon & onion mayo, salmon roe, salmon belly and the classic salmon sushi.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Went to Chong Pang for satay but alas, the stall was closed. Walking around the hawker centre, we chose to dine at this stall selling various soup dishes. I went with Herbal Mutton Soup while mum had Pig’s Kidney Soup. Ordered white rice to go along with the soups. My mutton was tender with a favourful Chinese herbs based soup minus the gamey taste that is often associated with mutton.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

These Rollie Buns (S$1.80 each) from PrimaDéli are so airy and light, I swear they tasted almost like cake than bread. Slitted in halves and filled with rich creamy chocolate or kaya (coconut jam) filling, they are perfect for breakfast or in-between meals snack. Tried googling for more details but no one seems to have posted anything on it, even PrimaDéli website doesn’t mention about it either. It comes in four flavours or at least that is what I found on the shelves:

• California Raisin
    • Chocolate
    • Kaya
    • Chocolate

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Page 110 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111 LastLast