Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115
Results 1,711 to 1,724 of 1724
    Mum bought this Kool Potong Ice Confection from NTUC. She practically finished the whole box of it. I managed to score the last stick of the red bean ice cream which had whole beans in it.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Sour Cream, BBQ, Cheese etc… might be more familiar flavours when it comes to potato chips. Bet you readers not from Singapore might not even have heard of Singapore Laksa Potato Chips courtesy of F.EAST (Flavours Of The East). First bite, the rich distinct taste of laksa is immediately revealed but the coconut milk taste seems to linger in the mouth overshadowing the other spices and the dried shrimp flavours. Somehow, my family members and I do not like it. Me, I still preferred my hot bowl of laksa.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

While shopping in NTUC, I came across Cowhead brand of Durian Oat Butter Cookies. The crisp butter cookies had a nice durian smell and taste with a hint of the underlying oat flavour. I love it!

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Come home to Choc-a-lot of Chocolate; Hershey’s Dessert Cones from McDonald’s and how the price had steadily gone up to S$1.40 a cone!

Image Credit
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Home-cooked healthy Chicken Soup with Cordyceps militaris (虫草花), Wolfberries (枸杞子) and King Oyster Mushrooms. The orangey soup colour came from the Cordyceps militaris. Next dish is Stir-fried Broccoli & King Oyster Mushrooms with chopped garlic.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Back to One Sushi (一口寿司), this time with mum for their ultra-affordable S$1++ Sushi like this Aburi Salmon Mayo. As usual, couldn’t resist picking plates of the Uni and Ikura Gunkans. Also came across this one and only plate of white fish sushi circulating on the conveyor belt.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

We normally went for the glass jelly desserts but this time I opted for the S$3.50 per cup Fruity Ai-Yu Jelly (水果晶球爱玉冻) with extra red beans (S$0.40). Packed to the rim with aloe vera pearl jelly, mango pearl jelly, konjac jelly, milk ball and taro balls, the ai-yu jelly had a refreshing fruity punch as if they are doing a salsa on my tongue. In the meantime, I got 3 stamps (S$2.50 equal 1 stamp) for my loyalty card.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Was craving sashimi and happened my colleague was available to join me for this S$38++ buffet on a warm Saturday afternoon. Met her at the MRT station near my home and took the train to Tanjong Pagar station. Hokkaido Sushi Restaurant is located on the 9th floor of M Hotel at the heart of CBD. At the entrance, a few sake barrels sit in front of a large sliding door leading to a display of sakes, maneki-neko (招き猫) and a series of colourful sake cups with koi fish at the base.

Hokkaido Sushi Restaurant
    M Hotel Singapore Level 9
    81 Anson Road
    Singapore 079908
    Tel: +65 6221 3075

Business Hours:
    Mon to Fri: 11.30am - 2.30pm (Last order at 1.40pm)
    Weekends & Public Holidays: 12pm - 3pm (Last order at 2pm)

Daily Dinner: 6pm - 10pm (Last order at 9.30pm)

It boasts a spacious Dining Area with 14-seater sushi counter that is separated from the main dining hall. There are also 4 private rooms if you are entertaining clients or just want to dine away from the rest of the people.

Only had a bun in the early morning hours so my tummy is now ready to be filled with foods. Quickly ordered a few appetizers to ease the hunger as I began ticking the check boxes of dishes that fancy me. Here are the rest of the Menu if you are interested seeing more of it.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

First to be served was this Pitan Tofu (Century Egg Tofu). The tofu was silky smooth with a savoury century egg yolk mayo and bits of egg white topped with tobiko (flying fish roe). Bits of crispy tempura batter was thrown in for added crunch which upped the must order again value.

My colleague wanted the Maguro Natto (Tuna & Fermented Bean). Natto (納豆) is often considered an acquired taste because of its powerful smell, strong flavor, and sticky, slimy texture. She offered some to me and I struggled to finish the sticky beans which seem to spin off more strands of silk than a spider. No more stinky beans for me…

Next up, my favourite Sashimi platter of Hamachi (Yellowtail), Maguro (Tuna), Mekajiki (Swordfish), Sake (Salmon) and Tako (Octopus) with a side of Tamago Yaki (Japanese Egg Roll). The slices of fish were fresh but somehow I found the seafood lacking in sweetness and that bothered me or at the very least reduced the urge to order more again.

Both the Chawanmushi and the Ikura Chawanmushi were eggy in flavour but not as smooth and savoury enough maybe due to not adding enough soup stock in the egg custard. If you asked me to pick one, the salmon roe at least imparted some briny bursts to the otherwise dull appetizer.

After the lackluster dishes, the Takoyaki was a surprise hit with me. This delicious wheat based snack was served hot with a piece of octopus flesh in the moist centre, sprinkled with bonito flakes and a squeeze of mayonnaise. The Soft Shell Crab was oishii if not a tad oily. Never had a soft shell crab that was this meaty.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Made the mistake of ordering one each of the Sushi for me and my colleague as she obviously did not have the same appetite as me. In the end, I had to help eat her shares and squirrel away some of the extra rice as I could simply eat no more. The chef did not sear the fish enough to give it that beautiful lightly charred appearance let alone any smoky flavour to mention of. Also the different variations of mayonnaise topping were just gimmick to bulk up the menu page but they all tasted almost the same. There are no creativity in here, period.

For the tempura, I just placed the order for two Ebi Tempura (Prawn) while my colleague chose the Yasai Tempura (Vegetable). She offered a piece or two of her dish to me but had to decline as I was almost at my limit after the sushi course.

Somehow I managed to finish this plate of Ika Geso (Deep Fried Squid Tentacle) all by myself. Normally I would go for the squid body but this was crispy and not too chewy plus it was flavourful.

The final two dishes were the Mixed Vegetables with Mushrooms and Wagyu with Mushrooms. Both dishes were pretty flavourful and would be good to go with rice but maybe the next time though.

As the wait staff cleared the empty dishes, she asked us if we wanted dessert which was ice cream, by the way. Of the three flavours of Coconut, Durian and Mango, both of us unanimously picked the same Classic Coconut Ice Cream. The ice cream had a very tropical feel to it with the real taste of coconut water coming through.

Went there with anticipation but was let down by the sashimi quality so after crossing that out from the menu, there wasn’t a lot of dishes I love left though there are a couple of good ones in there. Just that there aren’t enough varieties to attract me back again so I would probably skip this place all together.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Quote Originally Posted by CoralRed View Post
    Just that there aren’t enough varieties to attract me back again so I would probably skip this place all together.
    Bro, can we know which place so we would know to avoid too? You seem loathe to mention the places you visit or even the prices, may I know why?

Quote Originally Posted by chaozhouzi View Post
    Bro, can we know which place so we would know to avoid too? You seem loathe to mention the places you visit or even the prices, may I know why?
    I got mention the place and price here:

https://forums.vrzone.com/chit-chatt...l#post15549708
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

My bad. I usually click on the link to the last post of your thread under the new posts cache and this is where it throw me to: https://forums.vrzone.com/chit-chatt...l#post15549725

Quote Originally Posted by chaozhouzi View Post
    My bad. I usually click on the link to the last post of your thread under the new posts cache and this is where it throw me to: https://forums.vrzone.com/chit-chatt...l#post15549725
    I can't post too many images in one post, think got limit. So I spread them over a few posts.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Page 115 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115