Page 148 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149 LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2228
    Now for the not so healthy snack – Vegetable Fritters. And no, I did not consumed both the pieces you see here but instead shared it with mum. It is crispy, particularly at the edge and tasted sinfully yummy. But then, deep-fried stuffs are usually good! What I would do to make it healthier is to add more vegetables to it and use less batter. Wash away the greasiness with a cup of less sweet milk tea.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Went across the street to pack my Takeaway Dinner from the economy rice stall. Picked three dishes of crispy and crunchy peanuts with ikan bilis (dried anchovies), curry chicken & potato plus stir-fried bitter gourd with egg.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Mum bought home a whole Roasted Chicken from the newly renovated stall in Chong Pang. The roasted chicken here is actually deep-fried but everyone here in Singapore and Malaysia simply called it roasted. Together with a bowl of Fish Ball Soup and flavoured chicken rice, it is my family’s lunch.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

On the rare occasion that mum did not travel to Chong Pang for breakfast and marketing, she would visit the coffee shop further down our block. Here, she bought back my fav Vegetarian Rice with mock curry mutton & potato, spicy brinjal (eggplant or aubergine for some of you out there) and black pepper pork.

Mum went for the Vegetarian Kway Teow with mock char siu (or char siew) plus long bean omelette. Though we simply called it long bean, the actual name for it is asparagus bean (Vigna unguiculata subsp. sesquipedalis).

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

This Meat Floss with Salted Egg Biscuit (源香蛋黄肉丝饼) was given to me by my colleague. It was brought in from Malaysia and is made by Guan Heong Biscuit Shop (源香饼舖). Salted egg yolk in dyed green lotus seed paste with a layer of meat floss baked in a crispy flaky pastry shell. This pastry is both salty (from the floss & yolk) and sweet (from the lotus seed paste) which is quite pleasing to the palate.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Here is my part to reduce my diet’s carbon footprint by going vegetarian occasionally. I like to think of myself as omnivorous rather than giving up totally on my meats though. My Vegetarian Rice with my favourite mock curry mutton, braised knotted bean curd skin and vegetable stir-fry.

Sis is also doing her part for the earth too by opting for the Vegetarian Kway Teow (flat rice noodles) with mock char siu (or char siew) and an over easy fried egg.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Good morning, a vegetarian meal with fried egg? 不是杀生吗?

Quote Originally Posted by chaozhouzi View Post
    If an egg was not fertilized and never going to become an animal, it would be considered vegetarian and thought of as an animal byproduct along with milk and butter.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...ggs#definition
    Last edited by CoralRed; Jan 18th, 21 at 10:51 AM.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

There are also a few kinds of vegetarian (with some being able to eat fish)
    Way Of The Dragon: From a distance - 20 paddlers move in perfect rhythm to a muted drum beat, gracefully skimming the water's surface. Up close - determined grunts and strained sinews with oars in grip, dig vigorously into the water. The majestic head of the dragon fronts this contraption but the real heart lies just behind it, at the apex of the bow. Like a conductor of an orchestra, the drummer leads his crew with the calculated beat of his drum. Such is the realm of dragon boating.

Rig Overhaul! 20/06/2014:
    | Asrock B85M Pro 4 + Intel i5 4460 Haswell | Zotac GTX760 AMP! Edtn GDDR5 2GB | G.Skill RipJaws-X DDR3-1600 CL9 4GB x 2 | Toshiba 2TB SATA3 | Crucial MX100 128GB SATA3 | Western Digital 320GB SATA2 | LG SATA 20x DVDRW | FSP Aurum S Gold 600W | Lian Li PC007AIM |

It’s with a heavy heart, we went for dinner at a hawker centre in Ang Mo Kio. You see, we had just paid our last respects at our aunt’s funeral which limit a max of 30 people gathering at one time due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Bro went straight to The House of Recipe western food stall to order his food so we just followed suit. Mum’s Fish & Chips (S$5.50) was the first to be served.

Next, Chicken Chop (S$5.50) for my bro and sis was up. A piece of char grilled chicken thigh and two scoops of potato mash smothered with brown sauce. A lettuce cup holds the coleslaw on the side.

went for the medium done Ribeye Steak (S$13.50) which came last. A thick cut of beef drizzled with the same brown sauce and two sides of coleslaw and fries. The beef was not too bad considering the price paid was almost half of that in a restaurant.

For a sweet ending, mum and sis also had the Pulut Hitam (Black Glutinous Rice Sweet Soup). This Southeast Asian dessert is made of black glutinous rice and coconut milk then sweetened with palm sugar or plain sugar.

This Ice Kacang comes with red beans, sweet corn, cendol, cubes of agar agar and attap chee (palm seed) at the bottom and shaved ice piled up on top. At least two flavours of colourful syrup is drizzled onto the ice with a final topping of evaporated milk.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Quote Originally Posted by SYY View Post
    There are also a few kinds of vegetarian (with some being able to eat fish)
    This I really have not heard of.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

While at the Ang Mo Kio hawker centre, I chanced upon a bake stall selling buns, cakes and pastries. Picked a couple each of the 烧包 (Baked Bun/Siew Pau), 核桃酥 (Walnut Pastry) and 咸蛋黄酥 (Salted Egg Yolk Pastry). The Walnut Pastry (S$1.40) had nice buttery pastry filled with sweet lotus seed paste and whole walnuts embedded on both sides. The nuts are so darn crunchy! Yummm….

The Siew Pau (S$1.20) is moist and savoury sweet, best eaten on the day of purchase as it does get a little soggy due to the juicy meat filling inside. My sis and I love the combination of sweet (lotus seed paste) and salty (egg yolk) flavours from the Salted Egg Yolk Pastry (S$1.50). They complement rather than overpowered each other on the taste buds.

And now for the not so good review of the Pandan Cake (S$4 for a block). The cake itself had moderately fragrant pandan aroma with the first bite. The texture is rather dry and rough, not the silky kind I expected of it. I had to wash it all down quickly with the milk tea. Definitely would not buy this again.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Quote Originally Posted by CoralRed View Post
    This I really have not heard of.
    Was on the health buddy app and who is to know, there was a link to introduce one to vegetarian diet. From the link in Health buddy; https://www.healthxchange.sg/food-nu...menews-15jan21 the article list different types of vegetarian diets.The Pesco-vegetarian is one whose diet include fish. Thought was hocum so googled and found many articles on this diet.

Mum came home late so this Pork & Shrimp Dumplings Noodle from Choo Chiang Roasted Meat Noodle House (珠江烧腊面家) ended up as lunch. Four plump dumplings sitting atop mee kia or thin yellow noodles (幼面) tossed in sauce, often referred to as “dry”, or tah in Hokkien. A small scoop of spicy sweet chilli paste adds to the overall enjoyment.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Was on the health buddy app and who is to know, there was a link to introduce one to vegetarian diet. From the link in Health buddy; https://www.healthxchange.sg/food-nu...menews-15jan21 the article list different types of vegetarian diets.The Pesco-vegetarian is one whose diet include fish. Thought was hocum so googled and found many articles on this diet.
    Didn't know there are so many forms of vegetarian diets out there. Thanks for the link.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Page 148 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149 LastLast