Page 148 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148
Results 2,206 to 2,210 of 2210
    Now for the not so healthy snack – Vegetable Fritters. And no, I did not consumed both the pieces you see here but instead shared it with mum. It is crispy, particularly at the edge and tasted sinfully yummy. But then, deep-fried stuffs are usually good! What I would do to make it healthier is to add more vegetables to it and use less batter. Wash away the greasiness with a cup of less sweet milk tea.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Went across the street to pack my Takeaway Dinner from the economy rice stall. Picked three dishes of crispy and crunchy peanuts with ikan bilis (dried anchovies), curry chicken & potato plus stir-fried bitter gourd with egg.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Mum bought home a whole Roasted Chicken from the newly renovated stall in Chong Pang. The roasted chicken here is actually deep-fried but everyone here in Singapore and Malaysia simply called it roasted. Together with a bowl of Fish Ball Soup and flavoured chicken rice, it is my family’s lunch.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

On the rare occasion that mum did not travel to Chong Pang for breakfast and marketing, she would visit the coffee shop further down our block. Here, she bought back my fav Vegetarian Rice with mock curry mutton & potato, spicy brinjal (eggplant or aubergine for some of you out there) and black pepper pork.

Mum went for the Vegetarian Kway Teow with mock char siu (or char siew) plus long bean omelette. Though we simply called it long bean, the actual name for it is asparagus bean (Vigna unguiculata subsp. sesquipedalis).

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

This Meat Floss with Salted Egg Biscuit (源香蛋黄肉丝饼) was given to me by my colleague. It was brought in from Malaysia and is made by Guan Heong Biscuit Shop (源香饼舖). Salted egg yolk in dyed green lotus seed paste with a layer of meat floss baked in a crispy flaky pastry shell. This pastry is both salty (from the floss & yolk) and sweet (from the lotus seed paste) which is quite pleasing to the palate.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Page 148 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148