Page 149 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2272
    Colleague recommended this Curry Chic Bun (S$1.90) from BreadTalk to me. Inspired by the Singapore Curry, this bun is filled with tender chicken chunks and potato, marinated with a blend of curry spices. Sprinkled with grated cheese and adorned with a pair of curry leaves.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by CoralRed View Post
    Colleague recommended this Curry Chic Bun (S$1.90) from BreadTalk to me. Inspired by the Singapore Curry, this bun is filled with tender chicken chunks and potato, marinated with a blend of curry spices. Sprinkled with grated cheese and adorned with a pair of curry leaves.
    i've always wondered how edible are these curry leaves and how do they taste? i usually just throw them away when i see them in those like packets of salted egg chips or other kind of chips..
    Way Of The Dragon: From a distance - 20 paddlers move in perfect rhythm to a muted drum beat, gracefully skimming the water's surface. Up close - determined grunts and strained sinews with oars in grip, dig vigorously into the water. The majestic head of the dragon fronts this contraption but the real heart lies just behind it, at the apex of the bow. Like a conductor of an orchestra, the drummer leads his crew with the calculated beat of his drum. Such is the realm of dragon boating.

Rig Overhaul! 20/06/2014:
    | Asrock B85M Pro 4 + Intel i5 4460 Haswell | Zotac GTX760 AMP! Edtn GDDR5 2GB | G.Skill RipJaws-X DDR3-1600 CL9 4GB x 2 | Toshiba 2TB SATA3 | Crucial MX100 128GB SATA3 | Western Digital 320GB SATA2 | LG SATA 20x DVDRW | FSP Aurum S Gold 600W | Lian Li PC007AIM |

Quote Originally Posted by SYY View Post
    i've always wondered how edible are these curry leaves and how do they taste? i usually just throw them away when i see them in those like packets of salted egg chips or other kind of chips..
    I never eat them whether on the bun or in curries or other dishes. Same like those edible flowers they used to garnish desserts or foods.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

Sis bought this Penang Peacake Ball (槟城龙珠饼) from NTUC for us to sample. Unfortunately, this Tambun biscuit or tau sar piah is like the tough exterior of the dragon ball – hard. The salty and sweet green bean filling inside is none the better; dry and grainy.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

A big serving of Braised Chicken Feet Noodles (鸡脚面) formed my lunch. Chicken feet in Mandarin is 鸡脚 but it doesn’t sound too nice so the other name for it is 凤爪 (phoenix claws). This rather messy plated bowl (don’t the seller know that camera/handphone eat first) is filled with collagen packed feet of chicken braised until so tender you only have to suck at them for the skin to fall off. Baby bok choy and cilantro (coriander) filled up the empty space along side with mee kia (thin yellow noodles) in savoury sauce.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Redeemed my Tropical Cup (芒果荔枝双Q冻) using my accumulated points on my Nine Fresh (九鲜) rewards card for a S$2.90 dessert. This came with a mixed-base ai-yu jelly and grass jelly with lychee pearl jelly, mango pearl jelly, milk ball and taro balls. Also bought another two cups of Grass Jelly Special (黑糖芦荟仙草冻) at S$2.30 each for mum and sis. Comes with aloe vera pearl jelly, black sugar jelly cubes, milk ball and taro balls.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Hearty and wholesome home-cooked Dinner of braised skinless chicken leg with earthy shiitake mushrooms, hard boiled egg and garlic cloves.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Chocolate Chips & Walnut Scones or biscuits as they are better known in the US. In the foreground are the Penang Peacake Balls (槟城龙珠饼) along with a cup of hot black tea for breakfast. Just in case you are wondering, I only ate one of the scone and a couple of the tau sar piahs.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Lunch comes with a collagen-rich piece of Braised Pig’s Trotter along with stewed Preserved Chinese Mustard with Pork (梅菜扣肉) over a box of white rice.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Claypot Rice (砂锅饭/煲仔饭) bought by my sis for our dinner. Reason for the name is because this dish is served in a claypot which is cooked over charcoal or gas stoves. Of course for takeaways, the dish is packed separately in plastic container. Typical ingredients of the claypot rice beside the rice are chicken, Chinese sausages, mushroom and salted fish. Before serving, sweet dark soy sauce is drizzled over it.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Something other than economy rice takeaways for a change. Dry style Roasted Chicken Noodles with added serving of Roasted Pork. Chose mee kia (thin yellow noodles) for the carbohydrate which also included a portion of blanched leafy greens.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Kei Kaisendon (海鲜丼) recently opened a branch at Sembawang Shopping Centre so I thought I did give it a try. Brought mum along to this cosy looking place during dinner time. Each set meal comes with a Salad Bowl and Miso Soup which mum don’t want so I ate them all up.

Since mum don’t know what to choose, I recommended the Teriyaki Ika Don (S$14.90+) to her. Her bowl of rice came with squids, eggs done in two different styles and pickled vegetables which look yummy. But it was a big mistake choosing this as the squid was so rubbery and tough!!! When I checked their website recently, this dish had been taken off the menu.

My Ebi Mentaiyaki Kaisendon (S$19.90+) came with two large butterflied prawns drizzled with mentaiko mayo then seared. A medley of marinated cubed seafood topped with seaweed and ikura (salmon roe) took up the other half of the bowl. The prawns were fresh, sweet and succulent coupled with creamy umami and smoky flavours.

As usual, mum wants her Gyoza (S$6.90+ for 6 pieces). I let mum have most of this dish since she didn’t enjoyed her main course.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

When sis said she bought Tapioca Cake (S$1) from Maxwell Food Centre, I had thought it was from that famous stall. But alas, she got the snack at the wrong stall! The famous stall had oblong-shaped tapioca cake while this one was rounded. Nonetheless, the tapioca cake was moist and bouncy, coated in desiccated coconut. Yummy.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Quote Originally Posted by CoralRed View Post
    When sis said she bought Tapioca Cake (S$1) from Maxwell Food Centre, I had thought it was from that famous stall. But alas, she got the snack at the wrong stall! The famous stall had oblong-shaped tapioca cake while this one was rounded. Nonetheless, the tapioca cake was moist and bouncy, coated in desiccated coconut. Yummy.
    oh yes that famous stall! i always buy the 10piece oblong tapioca and a box of the gula melaka ondeh ondeh that burst in ur mouth!
    Way Of The Dragon: From a distance - 20 paddlers move in perfect rhythm to a muted drum beat, gracefully skimming the water's surface. Up close - determined grunts and strained sinews with oars in grip, dig vigorously into the water. The majestic head of the dragon fronts this contraption but the real heart lies just behind it, at the apex of the bow. Like a conductor of an orchestra, the drummer leads his crew with the calculated beat of his drum. Such is the realm of dragon boating.

Rig Overhaul! 20/06/2014:
    | Asrock B85M Pro 4 + Intel i5 4460 Haswell | Zotac GTX760 AMP! Edtn GDDR5 2GB | G.Skill RipJaws-X DDR3-1600 CL9 4GB x 2 | Toshiba 2TB SATA3 | Crucial MX100 128GB SATA3 | Western Digital 320GB SATA2 | LG SATA 20x DVDRW | FSP Aurum S Gold 600W | Lian Li PC007AIM |

Quote Originally Posted by SYY View Post
    oh yes that famous stall! i always buy the 10piece oblong tapioca and a box of the gula melaka ondeh ondeh that burst in ur mouth!
    Ondeh ondeh I still preferred the kind with coconut filling.
    Last edited by CoralRed; Feb 2nd, 21 at 07:57 AM.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Page 149 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151 ... LastLast