Anyone knows of a trustworthy/reliable watch repair place?

Eh sorry I dunno where this post should go... I was thinking Chit-Chat should be "generalized enough"....

I have an almost-10-yrs-old watch, a Citizen BM6400.

Everything's actually fine with it - meaning "it still works". However, the thing that has irritated me all these years is that the second hand doesn't hit the markers 100% of the time all around the watch face. Meaning it is either slightly to the left or slightly to the right of a mark at every second. That makes setting the watch harder to set and very irritating for me.

Anyone knows of a watch repair person/shop that can help me take apart the watch and just re-align the second-hand FOR A REASONABLE FEE? Yeah I know there's a Citizen Service Center but I'm expecting they'll be quoting their "Citizen-price"....

ps: Only this 1 watch does that. My other Citizens and Seikos are all fine, at the minimum hitting 12 exactly spot on.
    Last edited by FoxTwo; Oct 1st, 18 at 03:28 PM.

Mechanical? There is one at L3 Tanjong Katong complex next to the lifts at the back of mall nearest to Sims Ave. Shop name is KS something, sorry can't recall full name. Watch repair man name is Mr Goh. Many watch enthusiasts swear by him. Hope he is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by chaozhouzi View Post
    Mechanical? There is one at L3 Tanjong Katong complex next to the lifts at the back of mall nearest to Sims Ave. Shop name is KS something, sorry can't recall full name. Watch repair man name is Mr Goh. Many watch enthusiasts swear by him. Hope he is still there.
    Hahah no, quartz. If mechanical then I won't be irritated by the second-hand not hitting 12 exactly, right? Anyway thanks I will try to look for Mr Goh, if he's still around.

I think I found the one you're talking about.... I hope this is the guy...

Did he manages to fix the problem for you?

Did he manages to fix the problem for you?
    Hahaha not yet... was trying to locate the person you mentioned going by your clues and found this pic. I was planning to go down to the shop in the address located in the pic this weekend.
    Last edited by FoxTwo; Oct 4th, 18 at 03:02 PM.

old thread. your watch is a very good Citizen watch. unfortunately, mr goh from k2 cant fix it. its an eco drive where the watch is powered by solar. you need to bring it back to citizen and i believe it will be costly.

your issue is not easy to diagnose as the second hand is not hitting the indices. very annoying but common for quartz/battery powered watches. there are some high end eta swiss quartz movement which does this.

edit: i say some high end eta swiss movement, but i actually only know of one so far xD