Smile Gotta Catch ‘Em All at Jewel Changi Airport

Consider this as an extended part two of my tour of Jewel Changi Airport. My first trip there, I spent a little more than two hours at the attraction so I don’t really have ample time to explore the vast complex has to offer. The HSBC Rain Vortex nested within the Shiseido Forest Valley is the main attraction and naturally draws the most attention of the visitors, both locals and tourists alike. While the top most floor housed paid attractions and a few open-air restaurants and cafes. The main dining area is located at basement 2 where many of the restaurants and fast food establishments are.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

The rest of the restaurants and cafes are scattered throughout the other floors like this Maison de PB which is the premium sister brand of famous Korean bakery café Paris Baguette. The delicious mouth-watering baked goods are so beautifully crafted and with a high price tag to boot.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Note: When replying to my post that consist picture(s), avoid including the picture(s) in the quoted reply to save screen space and having to view the same set of pictures multiple times.

It’s not even 1.30pm yet as railings are deployed to barricade up a section of the passageway leading to the Rain Vortex and crowds of people began amassing on both sides of the railings. I quickly joined in the action but wasn’t able to get to the front row. Everyone is here to catch a glimpse of Pikachu, Eevee and Mimikyu at the Pokemon Parade. At 2pm and the music started playing, the Pokemons made their way out at the far end of the Rain Vortex, led by Eevve with Pikachu in the centre and Mimikyu trailing behind, before gathering at the fenced up area.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

And then the tempo of the music changed; the Pokemons break out into a dance routine driving the audiences wild. There is a strange pleasurable feeling watching Pikachus bobbing their heads left and right, shaking their booties; they are so cute and adorable. Pikachu did all the dancing and Eevee to a certain extend. Mimikyu stay put at one corner watching not doing much due to its cumbersome costume.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Dem Pokemon so cute
    The Spice Must Flow

After the dance, Pikachu, Eevee and Mimikyu stayed on the court to tease the audiences before forming a line to march out into the shopping area. Those who haven’t had a chance to get up close, now is the time as they made their way around the mall. Yes!!! I touched an Eevee and Pikachu, their furs so synthetically soft.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Quote Originally Posted by kyosuke View Post
    Dem Pokemon so cute
    They are even cuter dancing in the video. You can see it in my Tumblr blog in the signature. Video is not mine though.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

My tummy is rumbling as I looked at my watch. It’s past 2.30pm and I still haven’t had lunch. Walking around, I came to Hot Tomato and they had a seating area overlooking the Shiseido Forest Valley. It’s just like al fresco dining but in the cool comfort of air conditioning. Was pretty hungry and I might just be able to eat a cow so I picked the T-Bone Steak (S$23.90), a whopping 430g of tender and well-seasoned Australian grass fed beef.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Quote Originally Posted by CoralRed View Post
    They are even cuter dancing in the video. You can see it in my Tumblr blog in the signature. Video is not mine though.
    I am dead.
    Dead from cuteness overload.
    The Spice Must Flow

Next up, Pokémon Center Singapore, this marks the first time an official Pokémon merchandise store is launched outside of Japan. And the delighted fans are packing the store, filling their baskets with Pokemon related merchandise. In the meantime, Lapras with Pikachu on its back and Gyarados watches in amusement.

While you are there, might as well play the PokémonExplorer (PEX). It is a collaboration between Jewel Changi Airport and The Pokémon Company to encourage exploration within the mall. It consists of 10 different missions scattered around Jewel. Players are challenged to complete them all. The Hall of Fame (Ranking), featuring the top players, will be displayed at the Pokémon Center Singapore. More information can be found here.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Luckily I am not into collecting soft toys so I not Gotta Catch ‘Em All, else there is no telling how big a hole my wallet will be left with. Just take a look at the whole series, there got to be close to 200 of them!

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Some of us are not here to spend money, though I am interested in buying the shirts the staffs are wearing. We are here to catch Eevee up close and personal. And I am definitely catching it on camera. But first, we have to shout its name loud to get it to come out and meet the audiences at the MC’s request.

Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious

Having met all my objectives, I proceeded to the next event, to watch the Light & Sound Show at the world’s tallest indoor waterfall. As usual, finding the best vantage point is the priority and the 4th floor offered unobstructed view of the HSBC Rain Vortex. Although the information board indicated the earliest show time as at 8.30pm, there is actually an earlier slot at 7.30pm.

Show ended as I tried to find a place for dinner but every darn restaurants and cafes had queue so I gingerly dragged my aching legs and made my way back to Terminal 3 to take the bus home, stopping at the coffeeshop to buy dinner.
    Latest Makan's pictures:

Buffetlicious