Poll: How do you feel about PRCs that live/work/study in Singapore?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

[Poll]How you feel about PRCs?

To be honest, how do u feel generally about PRCs. Im referring to those working/staying/studying in Singapore.

Personally, sometimes i find them having bad public manners. Things like speaking very loudly on train and bus, cutting ppl's queue, some that i know keep saying they are true blue Singaporeans when their accent is so obvious.

Other facts like dressing in a very, i dunno how to say, weird manner? Their boorish behavior and unshaven armpit hair for girls simply irks me, though i must admit those may be their culture and its not for us to criticize.

My friend in uni says that there are so many PRCs in her math class that she feels so inferior as her math can never be as powerful as the PRC though she once top her class in JC. She feels unfair why they let so many PRC to come in to compete in a losing end battle with their own Singaporeans.

my bro told me of an irony which is realli true...lets mention bout da case of china PRCs...dey r like flooding our country till da extent dat wen we tok, we seem to be like da foreigner ourselves cuz of our accent
    Way Of The Dragon: From a distance - 20 paddlers move in perfect rhythm to a muted drum beat, gracefully skimming the water's surface. Up close - determined grunts and strained sinews with oars in grip, dig vigorously into the water. The majestic head of the dragon fronts this contraption but the real heart lies just behind it, at the apex of the bow. Like a conductor of an orchestra, the drummer leads his crew with the calculated beat of his drum. Such is the realm of dragon boating.

Rig Overhaul! 20/06/2014:
    | Asrock B85M Pro 4 + Intel i5 4460 Haswell | Zotac GTX760 AMP! Edtn GDDR5 2GB | G.Skill RipJaws-X DDR3-1600 CL9 4GB x 2 | Toshiba 2TB SATA3 | Crucial MX100 128GB SATA3 | Western Digital 320GB SATA2 | LG SATA 20x DVDRW | FSP Aurum S Gold 600W | Lian Li PC007AIM |

Quote Originally Posted by SYY View Post
    my bro told me of an irony which is realli true...lets mention bout da case of china PRCs...dey r like flooding our country till da extent dat wen we tok, we seem to be like da foreigner ourselves cuz of our accent
    Breadtalk? Went there a while back, i thought i stepped into some inter-dimensional portal cause i wasn't hearing voices we 'should' hear.

On one hand, the good ones are okay, but it's the bad ones that make me question why local people(most of us, inc. me) feel marginalised by the men in white. Mostly due to looking at the people awarded scholarships and the percentage of students in local unis. Want to study also not given chance.

1 sentence.... they don;t know any other languages other than mandarin...

even if u indian, ang mo or malay they'll come up to you and speak in mandarin....

I have personnaly en counted alot of prc.

Cause my dad shop in one foreign workers dormitory.

ah nen guy come talk to me either in english.
    Malaysia guy come talk to me in English.
    Thai fellow come talk to me in English.
    even maynmar guy talk to me in English.

ONLY PRC GUY come talk to me in Mandarin and i'll screw him upside down in all funny languages except mandarin.
    and simply say wa pu su tau (I don't know)...

Oh well.. depends on the group of PRC u interact with lar..

FWs are generally loud, but I find most of them pretty humble. FTs are more eloquent and can be very nice people to interact. That said, this group can be boastful at times as well. FS (foreign students), on the other hand, are smart, sometime too brainy for their own good till they "keng" to do unethical things like breaking bonds and hacking into the school computer system.

Phil

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

x4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC

Clearing watercooling and misc parts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
    is ns really that hard???

I can only blame SG Govt for mass import... to help economy?

This will only create more social abrassion and conflict rather than helping.

I don't mind Singapore as the same level as our neighbouring country, mass import certainly not the solution. There are cases that some PRC think Singaporean should learn to adept to their lifestyle... I only can give them my _|_ , seriously we are the host country. Such impression only tells me they are just ecnomical mass produced and disposable.

IMO SG Govt never been compassion or graceful, have they really consider they social impact of singaporeans??? The answer is NO, and recent news of a MP got burn by a cab driver showing the strains of SG citizens is about to break soon...

This is just the begining...

i dont stereotype unless really jialad.

some of the prc's i met quite pleasant, maybe havnt met the very jialat ones.

I bet a very advanced being who writes in riddles will surface in this discussion soon.

Phil

i7 4GHz ♦ Asus R2G ♦ OCZ Intel XMP ♦ Asus 5870 ♦ Crucial M4 ♦ Swiftech ♦ Koolance

x4 3.5GHz ♦ Biostar 890GXE ♦ OCZ AMD BE ♦ Asus 8800 ♦ WD Veloci ♦ Swiftech ♦ XSPC

Quote Originally Posted by projectile View Post
    I can only blame SG Govt for mass import... to help economy?

This will only create more social abrassion and conflict rather than helping.

I don't mind Singapore as the same level as our neighbouring country, mass import certainly not the solution. There are cases that some PRC think Singaporean should learn to adept to their lifestyle... I only can give them my _|_ , seriously we are the host country. Such impression only tells me they are just ecnomical mass produced and disposable.

IMO SG Govt never been compassion or graceful, have they really consider they social impact of singaporeans??? The answer is NO, and recent news of a MP got burn by a cab driver showing the strains of SG citizens is about to break soon...

This is just the begining...
    got 1 will have 2 rite??

molotov cocktails very easy to make one leh... = =

one word

dumbass.

but i do encounter some ok ones. BUT ITS DAMN RARE. these prcs act so high class. even banglas are ok!

Quote Originally Posted by ktk View Post
    got 1 will have 2 rite??

molotov cocktails very easy to make one leh... = =
    Drink liaoz then LS...

almost like ordering

"Auntie, Teh Peng Sieo..."

Confirm LS

Not matter how Singapore is Singapore... the Culture strange or not, its breed within us for more than 3 to 4 generations.

And the mass import only make such hard-earn culture and lifestyle we moulded by our hands all gone down the drain...

In short SG Govt think of their pockets 1st than saving others...

haha thats why i say GENERALLY. Of course not all are bad. If there are more bad than good. Then its generally bad liao ba.

Quote Originally Posted by cygig View Post
    haha thats why i say GENERALLY. Of course not all are bad. If there are more bad than good. Then its generally bad liao ba.
    Ya poll should have more options lar.. too extreme till I don't feel comfortable voting.

Phil

One thing i dun understand: Why most of the PRC girls DUN SHAVE armpit hair?

Some i see quite elegant and humble, then suddenly her phone rings, she lift her arms to see the mass of fur and began talking loudly in some mandrin that i dun understand. All the previous good impression dashed.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast